The U.S. Equestrian Federation announced the athlete-and-horse combinations named to the short list for the Adequan U.S. Para-Dressage Team for the Orifarm Healthcare FEI Para-Dressage World Championship. The competition will take place Aug. 10-14 in Herning, Denmark, and the team will be led by Chef d’Equipe Michel Assouline.
The following athlete-and-horse combinations have been named to the short list for the Orifarm Healthcare FEI Para-Dressage World Championship and are listed in alphabetical order:
• Beatrice de Lavalette (Loxahatchee, Florida) with Clarc, a 15-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Elizabeth and Nicolas de Lavalette, and Sixth Sense, a 12-year-old Oldenburg gelding owned by Elizabeth and Nicolas de Lavalette
• Rebecca Hart (Loxahatchee) with El Corona Texel, a 13-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Rowan O’Riley, and Fortune 500, a 12-year-old Oldenburg gelding owned by Rowan O’Riley
• Charlotte Merle-Smith (Ocala, Florida) with Guata, an 11-year-old Dutch Warmblood mare owned by Charlotte and Susan Merle-Smith
• Kate Shoemaker (Wellington, Florida ) with Quiana, her own 8-year-old Rhineland mare, and Solitaer 40, a 15-year-old Hanoverian gelding owned by Kate, Craig and Deena Shoemaker
• Roxanne Trunnell (Royal Palm Beach, Florida) with Fortunato H2O, a 6-year-old Oldenburg stallion owned by Lehua Custer
Definite entries must be submitted by July 25.