The 35th FEI Dressage World Cup Final kicks off tomorrow in Leipzig (Germany) with America’s Anna Buffini and her 15-year-old mare FRH Davinia la Douce first to go in the Short Grand Prix. (Go Behind The Stall Door with Buffini and “Diva”.)
The draw for the starting order took place this earlier today and it was recently-crowned Olympic and European champions, Germany’s Jessica von Bredow-Werndl and TSF Dalera BB, who got the best of it when drawn last of the 17 starters from 12 countries.
Defending champions Isabell Werth and Weihegold OLD will start in 12th position.
The coveted series title will be decided in Saturday night’s freestyle.
Competition starts tomorrow, April 7, at 6:30 p.m. local time (12:30 p.m. EDT). The order-of-go for tomorrow’s opening competition is as follows:
1. FRH Davinia la Douce – Anna Buffini (USA)
2. Sir Donnerhall ll OLD – Morgan Barbancon (FRA)
3. Aquamarijn – Yvonne Losos de Muñiz (DOM)
4. All at Once – Yessin Rahmouni (MAR)
5. Atterupgaards Orthilia – Nanna Skodborg Merrald (DEN)
6. Hexagon’s Ich Weiss – Thamar Zweistra (NED)
7. Dark Legend – Charlotte Fry (GBR)
8. Quantico – Juan Matute Guimon (ESP)
9. Fogoso Horsecampline – Rodrigo Torres (POR)
10. Heiline’s Danciera – Carina Cassøe Kruth (DEN)
11. Blue Hors Zepter – Patrik Kittel (SWE)
12. Weihegold OLD – Isabell Werth (GER)
13. Havanna 145 – Ashley Holzer (USA)
14. Annabelle – Helen Langehanenberg (GER)
15. Vamos Amigos – Cathrine Dufour (DEN)
16. Aachen – Alisa Glinka (MDA)
17. TSF Dalera BB – Jessica von Bredow-Werndl (GER)