You’ve just completed the best test of your life, on the biggest stage of your career. Congratulations!
But now you have a decision to make. How will you celebrate? And no, not back at your hotel later, or at the bar, but how will you celebrate while you’re still in the ring?
The choices are endless, but we’ve listed the top 12 spotted in the Reem Acra FEI World Cup Dressage Final freestyle.
1. Big hug around the neck (demonstrated by Inessa Merkulova on Mister X)
2. Quiet pat (demonstrated by Guenter Seidel on Zero Gravity)
3. Two-handed wave at the crowd (demonstrated by Inessa Merkulova on Mister X)
4. The small, “nailed it” smile during the final halt (demonstrated by Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfvén on Don Auriello)
5. Fist pump to the sky (demonstrated by Emilie Nyreröd on Miata)
6. Two-handed pat (demonstrated by Jessica von Bredow-Werndl on Unee BB)
7. A disbelieving pat and smile (demonstrated by Fabienne Lütkemeier on D’Agostino FRH)
8. Hands out to the side, dropping your reins. (But be careful with your reins!) (demonstrated by Judy Reynolds on Vancouver)
9. Low fist pump (demonstrated by Patrik Kittel on Watermill Scandic)
10. Giant grin (demonstrated by Charlotte Jorst on Kastel’s Nintendo)
11. Scrubbing the side of the neck(demonstrated by Anna Kasprzak on Donnperignon)
12. Queenly one-handed waving at the crowd (demonstrated by Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfvén on Don Auriello)
All photos by Lisa Slade.
Read about what happened in the freestyle here, or see a full gallery of photos.