Sport Horse Spotlight

Flamenco head 2 (web)_300DH

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get time to change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't get time to change?

    I am on a Mac laptop.

    We are on Central time and all was ok until the change.
    The Rolex clock changed, but when reading posts, the time is still Central Daylight time for me.
    I went to profile and double checked and clicked the right time and the bottom tab to be sure all went thru, but still no go on the automatic tab.
    Then tried on the other tabs, but nothing was changing.

    Finally put it on Mountain time and now I am on the correct time.
    That did change my posts to my actual time, but my real time is Central, not Mountain time?

    Hope all that is clear?

  • #2
    Under the box where you select the time zone is one for DST correction... make sure that's set to "Automatically detect DST settings" (then you'll probably need to change your time zone back to the right one)
    Flickr

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmm maybe not because mine appears to still be an hour off too
      Flickr

      Comment

      • Original Poster

        #4
        Originally posted by furlong47 View Post
        Under the box where you select the time zone is one for DST correction... make sure that's set to "Automatically detect DST settings" (then you'll probably need to change your time zone back to the right one)
        Already tried that and that is where I had it set for a while now anyway.
        It doesn't seem to be working for me on any of those settings.

        That is when I finally went to Mountain time and that is my current time in Central time.

        Just wondered if others also had that problem.

        Comment


        • #5
          IIRC, this is a known issue since the board change over.

          Try your actual timezone with DST correction always off. Those are my settings and the time is correct.

          Comment

          • Original Poster

            #6
            Originally posted by Simkie View Post
            IIRC, this is a known issue since the board change over.

            Try your actual timezone with DST correction always off. Those are my settings and the time is correct.
            I tried that one also, tried all of them and nothing changed?

            Will try again.

            How strange, tried that, went to a blank page, stayed on that for a long time, couple minutes or three, now it is working.

            Guess that when the time changes back we may have to jump thru other hoops to get the right new time with the SDT correction?

            Doesn't matter, being on Mountain time settings to be on our correct Central time ones was fine, but now it is the same on the proper settings.

            Thank you!



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bluey View Post

              I tried that one also, tried all of them and nothing changed?

              Will try again.
              Are you saving changes at the bottom before clicking away? I just switched mine to central and dst always off and it updated to be correct for that timezone. Central and auto detect dst updates to an hour ahead.

              Comment

              • Original Poster

                #8
                Originally posted by Simkie View Post

                Are you saving changes at the bottom before clicking away? I just switched mine to central and dst always off and it updated to be correct for that timezone. Central and auto detect dst updates to an hour ahead.
                Yes, saving after any changes.

                It did work this morning, had not been working before thru those tabs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bluey View Post

                  Yes, saving after any changes.

                  It did work this morning, had not been working before thru those tabs.
                  Weird. I can't get that behavior to happen. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?

                  Comment

                  • Original Poster

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Simkie View Post

                    Weird. I can't get that behavior to happen. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?
                    I tried it again and it is still doing it.
                    On automatic detect changes, mine reverts to Eastern, click to no correction, now on Central, as I have it set in the menu above.

                    Oh, well, maybe that is the way is supposed to work, so that is ok.
                    Before it was not changing at all, now it is to the correct time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't understand what you mean on "reverting"? Your settings are changing without you doing anything?

                      From where I sit, auto detect DST doesn't work (and iirc, hasn't ever.) Select auto detect never and your actual timezone, and you should be good until we go back on DST next spring.

                      ​​​​​

                      Comment

                      • Original Poster

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Simkie View Post
                        I don't understand what you mean on "reverting"? Your settings are changing without you doing anything?

                        From where I sit, auto detect DST doesn't work (and iirc, hasn't ever.) Select auto detect never and your actual timezone, and you should be good until we go back on DST next spring.

                        ​​​​​
                        Right, that was and still is not working.

                        The way you mentioned, that off tab, is working fine.

                        Thanks.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X