Stallion Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

How to Report a Fake/Spam User?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Report a Fake/Spam User?

I know how to report when there is a spam post made, but how do I report a specific user? I received the following message from a new user this morning and it is obviously spam:

Jun. 26, 2019, 10:52 AM
    Hello,

you got a nice profile and i really like your profile and i feel it would be nice to get to know you more better.

Here is my email address: (redacted)
    I have something very important to discuss with you privately.

hope to hear from you soon.

Susan & Desmond Williams

I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

If you figure it out, please let me know! I've received two (so far) private messages today from a user with no forum activity that are titled "hello" but contain no actual message. Previously, I forwarded a problem message to Moderator 1 and it was remedied, but it would be easier if there was a "mark as spam" option for private messages.

Comment

I just deleted it but if anyone knows how to report, I'm all ears.
      "Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple” – Barry Switzer

Comment

I received the exact same message.

Comment

Awww, now I’m feeling left out!

i agree it would be nice having a report option for messages.
          "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

I also got a message today from a "Susan" - slightly different than yours GutsNGlory. The user name was suswill I think. Is that who sent yours?

HI

Here is my email address: (XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com)
            I have something very important to discuss with you

Susan
            ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

Originally posted by 4LeafCloverFarm View Post
              I also got a message today from a "Susan" - slightly different than yours GutsNGlory. The user name was suswill I think. Is that who sent yours?

HI

Susan
              I received that exact one today.

Comment

The user name was suswill I think. Is that who sent yours?
                Suswill is who sent the private message I received.

Comment

HI

Susan

This is who I'm getting messages from, but all the messages I've received thus far have been blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Montanas_Girl View Post

This is who I'm getting messages from, but all the messages I've received thus far have been blank.
                    There was a blank message above the one that had the typed message for me. I'm thinking some sort of BOT is responsible and not a human sending all these messages and probably hacked this users account. The actual real person who owns the account is probably unaware.
                    ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

Weird, count me as left out unless it just hasn't gotten to my part of the alphabet
                      Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

• Original Poster

4LeafCloverFarm Yes, it was from suswill. Was marked as a Greenie and didn't appear to be any forum activity yet except for messaging a large number of users apparently...
                        I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Comment

Originally posted by GutsNGlory View Post
                          4LeafCloverFarm Yes, it was from suswill. Was marked as a Greenie and didn't appear to be any forum activity yet except for messaging a large number of users apparently...
                          I just got this PM too. Would like to know how to report so that mods can block this poster. Obviously spam.

Mods? Can you take a look and do what needs to be done. thanks
                          Last edited by fjordmom; Jun. 26, 2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I got one too
                            Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now). Spy is gone. April 15, 1982 to Jan 10, 2017.

Comment

I got one too, same

Comment

We deleted all messages sent by this user (50 something) and banned the account. I'll check PMs to see if you can still report them any way... you can also forward the PM to me and so we can address it.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X