Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You're responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it--details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums' policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it's understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users' profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses -- Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it's related to a horse for sale, regardless of who's selling it, it doesn't belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions -- Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services -- Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products -- While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements -- Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be "bumped" excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues -- Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators' discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you'd rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user's membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Another Dog Attack Thread: With Small Twist

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another Dog Attack Thread: With Small Twist

    Hate to start another one, but this is gunna have a twist to it: "Service dog" (term used lightly as i do not think said dog really is one) Attacking client dog.


    So i work at a small grooming salon, i am under apprenticeship with one of the master groomers here and i am so far 3 months in absolutely loving it! In the salon, it is me, my mentor, and then the owner who grooms 3 times a week. (she is almost retired and going to pass business onto my mentor. )

    Anyway owner has her dog in with her, who is apparently her "Service Dog" that can sense seizures. Dog is a 55lb or so mutt, that to me does not strike me at all as a service dog. She is rather, off putting in vibe, does not listen to her owners commands very well. Owner looses her mind if a client dog comes in so much as looking at her "service dog" simply because "She cant have any distractions and the other dog needs to not distract her" in a tone that it is client dog's owners fault. I could go into it further but that is probably a new thread in itself.

    Yesterday a client was to bring in a 5 month old goldendoodle pup for his first groom at 2pm. Would be last dog of the day with the salon empty as to ensure that the pup would be as stress free as possible for his first groom.

    Owner and pup come in about 5 minutes till 2, pup is on his leash and happily trots up to me tail wagging as i greet them both. But then everything went to sh*t. "Service dog" comes lunging out of the office, teeth bared hackles up with her service dog vest on and all and goes right for the pups throat and starts to thrash violently. Complete chaos as pup is screaming, owner is screaming, salon owner is screaming at her "Service dog" to come back. At this point in time its a mess of fur and furry and i can hardly tell where one dog ends and another begins. I managed to grab a hold of "service dog" by the back legs and yank her off. I pretty much at that point had adrenaline running and drug her back to the kennels and locked her into one. Still everyone in the front room was understandably panicking and in shock of what had happened in the past 30 seconds.

    Goldendoodle pup is a mess, 4 large puncture wounds on his neck and he is bleeding pretty bad. Thankfully our salon was put in a building about 2 blocks down the street from a vets office (great planning if you ask me) . Owner of pup is older so i just scooped up the pup and ran out the front door with it heading for the vet. Got him in and the vets had him as the owner got to the office, thanking me as she gave the vet all her info. She had gotten all the dog info from Salon owner on her dogs rabies and was clear on that.

    Once i know the owner of the pup is okay (she was freaking out pretty bad, i stayed with her for a bit till the vet came out and assured that the pup would be okay) i head back to the salon only to see that "Service dog" is loose in the salon again and her owner loudly stating how "That pup would never had been allowed in here if i knew it was aggressive" and how "My dog was only trying to protect me from that other dog" and pretty much how she was not going to pay anything for the pup and god knows what else she went off on because i had just stopped listening at this point in time.

    Now to me, in this case, i feel like if this "Service dog" is really what it is claimed to be, would there be more paper work, and reports required of the owner of said dog? Other that the pups owner reporting the attack, wouldn't who ever trained this service dog be wanting to get involved to figure out why an animal they trained did this? I have no idea how any of that stuff works to be honest, but if the dog really is a service dog i feel like any licensing or certifications should be revoked.

    I already have a feeling this is gunna turn into a big mess of a legal suit, and honestly i hope the owner sues or goes after the salon owner and her "Service dog" After the salon owner left i watched the security camera footage from the attack. you can watch the "Service dog" perk up and walk over to the office door to watch. Then the instant the pup is in sight she runs out and grabs him. I made a copy of the video, just because the salon owner strikes me as the type to delete that kind of thing.

    Its sad for me, cause that pup could have ended up a client of mine down the road when i am done with my apprenticeship, but now he will probably never be able to walk into our salon again. But on a better note, i woke up to a text and picture of the pup all bandaged and stitched up from the owner saying that he was in recovery and doing great. (made my morning really)

    So does anyone know if there are things that happen if a legit service dog attacks another dog? As said, i do not think that the dog is a real service dog, but even if she is posing as one, could there be repercussions other than typical/normal dog attack cases?

    #2
    First let me say, good job on saving the pup from a worse ending. I've seen dog attacks in my lobby and they can be very frightening.

    I would think that the service dog could do it's job while leashed to the owner. And if it is a true service dog, it would be better trained.

    I would think that a service dog attacking another dog is just like any dog attacking another dog. They should report it to animal control so it's on record. If the dog has more attacks and there is a record, it could go against the dog and potentially cause the dog to have to be euthanized.

    Comment


      #3
      There is zero legal requirement to have a service dog trained professionally by any agency. This has led to a proliferation of the sort of fake "service dogs" your salon owner has:

      Q5. Does the ADA require service animals to be professionally trained?
      A. No. People with disabilities have the right to train the dog themselves and are not required to use a professional service dog training program.
      https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html
      Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

      Comment


        #4
        Have attacked dog owner file animal control report. Let them handle it.

        Comment


          #5
          What strikes me as odd is that if she's the salon owner, she has ever right to have her dog there, regardless of being a service dog. Why go through the trouble of lying if she doesn't need to?

          But a well trained service dog would be trained to stay at her side, or stay in a certain spot. There would be zero wandering around.

          Some states have laws agains faking a service dog but the punishments are mostly a small fee and some community service. Check your laws. However I'm not sure how you could actually report/ verify a potential fake dog because from what I know, ADA law and US Federal Code of Regulations prohibits the inquiry of why someone needs the service dog and the inquiry for official service dog paper work. It's a catch-22.

          Comment


            #6
            Did owner of victim report to animal control? Or did the vet? Call owner to ask about their puppy, give them AC's number, explain AC will want to confirm rabies status of attacking dog, suggest they take photos of injuries, and ask where you may email them a copy of the video.

            As far as salon owner, she has shown you who she is. Morals aside, this will hurt business, which will hurt your budding career. I would start looking for employment elsewhere. You don't want your name associated with that mess.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Bicoastal View Post
              As far as salon owner, she has shown you who she is. Morals aside, this will hurt business, which will hurt your budding career. I would start looking for employment elsewhere. You don't want your name associated with that mess.
              100% agree with this. I would've recommended you give her a piece of your mind and quit on the spot, but obviously being jobless is not an option for many, I get that.

              However, she sounds unstable and irrational, and it's only a matter of time before she turns her misplaced wrath/accusations against you. Much better to have "quitting" on your record than "being fired". Start looking elsewhere, ASAP.

              Yikes.
              www.jlsporthorsesales.net

              Comment


                #8
                I completely agree with others who say find another shop to work at. First, make sure the puppy owner reports the attack to AC. If this gets uglier, and goes to court you will most likely be called as a witness so you will probably be needing to find another job since you will be under oath and that will be not to the shop owners benefit. Specially if the copy of the tape comes into play.

                It's people like the shop owner who makes it hard for legitimate service dogs.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Sometimes service dogs don't work out. Even the best trained. It's just that they are doing a really critical job, and a lapse like that means the owner should probably be looking for another service dog.

                  That sounds like kind of a savage attack on a decent sized puppy. I'd make sure that all witnessing parties submit complaints to AC, independently. Not to pile on to the owner or anything, but just to ensure AC has the biggest, most accurate "picture" possible.

                  If you have a relationship with the owner, and you cared about her sincerely, you could have a conversation about how you worry her dog might be unsuitable for it's job. It's totally understandable that you don't have this relationship, and that's completely fine. Your post just indicates to me that you probably shouldn't be involved past the report to AC. And hopefully the finding of a new place to work out of. Don't underestimate how much your life ends up sucking when you report to a whackadoo. You give up your sanity in tiny little degrees, until one day you realize you're grinding your teeth the whole way into work...
                  Lifestyle coordinator for Zora, Spooky, Wolfgang and Warrior

                  Comment


                    #10
                    start looking for apprenticeship elsewhere. this is a shitstorm waiting to happen. Owner is a nutbag. I hope she reimburses Pups owner for that crap. Not only did the 'service dog' cause physical wounds, but being attacked by another dog is going to leave mental scars behind, too.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I hope the owner of the goldendoodle reports it, and that you start looking for a new job now. It's only a matter of time before the owner's "service dog" attacks and kills something. Does the service dog have any wounds? I do hope that you have courage to be honest when the case is investigated and I'm very glad you made a copy of the video as it will offer a crystal clear picture of what happened.
                      http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                        #12
                        My guess is the dog owner of 'service' dog will never admit her dog attacked the other one. I think when you went back to the shop, and the dog was running loose it showed you exactly how the future will be. This probably wasn't the first attack, only the first you saw. If you make a report to animal control, then find another job, because you'll need one.

                        The owner of the salon will do everything she can to drive you out of the grooming business too. So, hunt for a job now.
                        You can't fix stupid-Ron White

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Holy crap. Good job on handling the situation as well as you did. A dog attack is truly terrifying (having been on the end of the leash when my dog get attacked by a 150lb mastiff). You saved that puppy from at the very least worse injuries...

                          Definitely start putting feelers out for a new apprenticeship. And be prepared to be a witness and offer up that video.
                          Amanda

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Service dog or not, this happened at the salon. The salon owner should be picking up the tab. She should have insurance to cover this type of incident.

                            A properly trained service dog would not have gone after the puppy.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Obiwan View Post
                              What strikes me as odd is that if she's the salon owner, she has ever right to have her dog there, regardless of being a service dog. Why go through the trouble of lying if she doesn't need to?

                              I agree.

                              1. It's a lot of drama to make up when it is not needed.

                              2. Seizures are terrifying and the shop owner seems very anxious about the possibility of having one.

                              3. Anxious, stressed owner = on edge, stressed, dog

                              This is not meant to justify the attack, but I can see why it happened. I think the owner's plan to retire is a good one, and hopefully no legal drama sidetracks it.

                              I also have owned a dog (male/neutered) that was a puppy bully. He would attack, in an eerily similar fashion, any pup that did not have it's adult teeth. Especially if it exhibited any shy/submissive or excited, behavior.

                              My last point is that any dog, even a previously saintly service dog, can have a drastic personality change due to an underlying issue. The Store Owner's dog needs to be seen by a Vet. Preferably one specializing in Behavior.

                              OP... If you feel you are getting the education you want and need from your mentor, have a candid, private, conversation with him/her about how to handle dogs coming in or going home when the Store Owner's dog is present.

                              Do not blow this out of proportion, or gossip about it, as this may become a lawsuit. The transfer of ownership of the shop may be jeopardized.

                              Jingling for a G.Doodle pup with a sore neck, hoping it makes an uneventful, and complete recovery.
                              Last edited by csaper58; Nov. 1, 2016, 05:58 PM.

                              Comment

                                Original Poster

                                #16
                                Well i guess i can offer an update after today (just got home from work) a bit of an insane, and stressful day to say the least.

                                I get to work to salon owner storming out of the salon pretty mad with her dog at her heels (off leash as always)

                                Walk into the salon and start to talk to my mentor who filled me in on what all has happened.

                                Apparently the past hour had been an absolute sh*t show. Salon owner came in and started to delete all the footage from the day before (attack day) my mentor called her on it. Big fight ensued but it was aparently the straw that broke the camels back for my Mentor. This was the last straw of a bunch of other issues that were happening between Salon owner and my Mentor. She announced that she would not be taking over the business. But that she already had a building a few blocks away rented and started set up for her own salon. She already had tubs, kennels and dryers ready to go all she needed to do was move her stuff from this salon to the other. Also said that she was taking me with her over there. Needless to say there is so much more drama with the salon owner than i can explain in a thread here, but none the less for those who said it was time to jump ship looks like we are off with the last life raft.

                                Anyway, helped mentor load up all her stuff and get over to her new building. I am going to be helping her set up everything and we should be ready to start grooming again by next Monday.

                                After i was done with that i went down to the vet check on the pup, got their just as owner was talking to the receptionist. Talked with her and she has already started to file a report. AC came into the vet office today to get pictures and while i was talking to her i gave her the copy of the video on a thumb drive so she could also give it to them. Made it clear i would be a witness on her side in court.

                                Pup was alert and stilled wagged his tail when i went in to see him while talking to his owner; i am more happy he does not associate me when the attack than anything.

                                Edit: Service dog had no wounds, though her vest has some blood marks from the doodle pup. She grabbed him from the top of the neck, so the punctures were on the sides not top and bottom of his neck. She just grabbed on and started to shake him he really had no way to defend himself.
                                Last edited by RoyalRain42; Nov. 1, 2016, 07:16 PM. Reason: Post was again cut off for some reason

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Glad your mentor was obviously seeing something like this coming, and was prepared to give you both a soft landing. You may still get that pup as a client yet, especially since you have been proactive in helping his owner and checking in on him. I bet he knows you helped him out. They're good about that stuff. And, considering he never even made it to a grooming table, I can't imagine him having issues with any salon down the road. Maybe other dogs (although my mom's neighbor's young pup, about the same age as this one, was brutally attacked at a dog park a couple of months ago, and he apparently has no ill effects. Puppies are resilient!).
                                  Amanda

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    That is no service dog. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen, because the next attack could be on a kid.

                                    That being said, I have a Doberman who was supposed to be my Service Dog/Therapy Dog. He seemed to have an aptitude for sensing when my blood sugar dropped and had proven it many times by pushing me up against a wall as soon as I started to feel faint and making sure I didn't just pass out. Once, I was on the stairs and he literally shoved me right back onto the landing so I wouldn't fall down a flight of stairs. He stood over me so I couldn't stand up.

                                    When his health started failing and he began exhibiting behavioural issues because of it, I stopped taking him places with me because it was just too much for him. He needed to be muzzled, but that's not the image you want to give people with a service dog. While he is still my service dog around home, he doesn't get to accompany me in public for his own safety. I got my blood sugars under control so I didn't need him, and retired him to just a pet. He's now on a myriad of medication to keep him leveled out and sane, but he'll never be able to go back to being a service dog.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by RoyalRain42 View Post
                                      Well i guess i can offer an update after today (just got home from work) a bit of an insane, and stressful day to say the least.

                                      I get to work to salon owner storming out of the salon pretty mad with her dog at her heels (off leash as always)

                                      Walk into the salon and start to talk to my mentor who filled me in on what all has happened.

                                      Apparently the past hour had been an absolute sh*t show. Salon owner came in and started to delete all the footage from the day before (attack day) my mentor called her on it. Big fight ensued but it was aparently the straw that broke the camels back for my Mentor. This was the last straw of a bunch of other issues that were happening between Salon owner and my Mentor. She announced that she would not be taking over the business. But that she already had a building a few blocks away rented and started set up for her own salon. She already had tubs, kennels and dryers ready to go all she needed to do was move her stuff from this salon to the other. Also said that she was taking me with her over there. Needless to say there is so much more drama with the salon owner than i can explain in a thread here, but none the less for those who said it was time to jump ship looks like we are off with the last life raft.

                                      Anyway, helped mentor load up all her stuff and get over to her new building. I am going to be helping her set up everything and we should be ready to start grooming again by next Monday.

                                      After i was done with that i went down to the vet check on the pup, got their just as owner was talking to the receptionist. Talked with her and she has already started to file a report. AC came into the vet office today to get pictures and while i was talking to her i gave her the copy of the video on a thumb drive so she could also give it to them. Made it clear i would be a witness on her side in court.

                                      Pup was alert and stilled wagged his tail when i went in to see him while talking to his owner; i am more happy he does not associate me when the attack than anything.

                                      Edit: Service dog had no wounds, though her vest has some blood marks from the doodle pup. She grabbed him from the top of the neck, so the punctures were on the sides not top and bottom of his neck. She just grabbed on and started to shake him he really had no way to defend himself.
                                      OK.... The way everything magically falls into place just got way too convenient and coincidental for my sense of the realistic to accept.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by RoyalRain42 View Post
                                        Hate to start another one, but this is gunna have a twist to it: "Service dog" (term used lightly as i do not think said dog really is one) Attacking client dog.


                                        So i work at a small grooming salon, i am under apprenticeship with one of the master groomers here and i am so far 3 months in absolutely loving it! In the salon, it is me, my mentor, and then the owner who grooms 3 times a week. (she is almost retired and going to pass business onto my mentor. )

                                        Anyway owner has her dog in with her, who is apparently her "Service Dog" that can sense seizures. Dog is a 55lb or so mutt, that to me does not strike me at all as a service dog. She is rather, off putting in vibe, does not listen to her owners commands very well. Owner looses her mind if a client dog comes in so much as looking at her "service dog" simply because "She cant have any distractions and the other dog needs to not distract her" in a tone that it is client dog's owners fault. I could go into it further but that is probably a new thread in itself.

                                        Yesterday a client was to bring in a 5 month old goldendoodle pup for his first groom at 2pm. Would be last dog of the day with the salon empty as to ensure that the pup would be as stress free as possible for his first groom.

                                        Owner and pup come in about 5 minutes till 2, pup is on his leash and happily trots up to me tail wagging as i greet them both. But then everything went to sh*t. "Service dog" comes lunging out of the office, teeth bared hackles up with her service dog vest on and all and goes right for the pups throat and starts to thrash violently. Complete chaos as pup is screaming, owner is screaming, salon owner is screaming at her "Service dog" to come back. At this point in time its a mess of fur and furry and i can hardly tell where one dog ends and another begins. I managed to grab a hold of "service dog" by the back legs and yank her off. I pretty much at that point had adrenaline running and drug her back to the kennels and locked her into one. Still everyone in the front room was understandably panicking and in shock of what had happened in the past 30 seconds.

                                        Goldendoodle pup is a mess, 4 large puncture wounds on his neck and he is bleeding pretty bad. Thankfully our salon was put in a building about 2 blocks down the street from a vets office (great planning if you ask me) . Owner of pup is older so i just scooped up the pup and ran out the front door with it heading for the vet. Got him in and the vets had him as the owner got to the office, thanking me as she gave the vet all her info. She had gotten all the dog info from Salon owner on her dogs rabies and was clear on that.

                                        Once i know the owner of the pup is okay (she was freaking out pretty bad, i stayed with her for a bit till the vet came out and assured that the pup would be okay) i head back to the salon only to see that "Service dog" is loose in the salon again and her owner loudly stating how "That pup would never had been allowed in here if i knew it was aggressive" and how "My dog was only trying to protect me from that other dog" and pretty much how she was not going to pay anything for the pup and god knows what else she went off on because i had just stopped listening at this point in time.

                                        Now to me, in this case, i feel like if this "Service dog" is really what it is claimed to be, would there be more paper work, and reports required of the owner of said dog? Other that the pups owner reporting the attack, wouldn't who ever trained this service dog be wanting to get involved to figure out why an animal they trained did this? I have no idea how any of that stuff works to be honest, but if the dog really is a service dog i feel like any licensing or certifications should be revoked.

                                        I already have a feeling this is gunna turn into a big mess of a legal suit, and honestly i hope the owner sues or goes after the salon owner and her "Service dog" After the salon owner left i watched the security camera footage from the attack. you can watch the "Service dog" perk up and walk over to the office door to watch. Then the instant the pup is in sight she runs out and grabs him. I made a copy of the video, just because the salon owner strikes me as the type to delete that kind of thing.

                                        Its sad for me, cause that pup could have ended up a client of mine down the road when i am done with my apprenticeship, but now he will probably never be able to walk into our salon again. But on a better note, i woke up to a text and picture of the pup all bandaged and stitched up from the owner saying that he was in recovery and doing great. (made my morning really)

                                        So does anyone know if there are things that happen if a legit service dog attacks another dog? As said, i do not think that the dog is a real service dog, but even if she is posing as one, could there be repercussions other than typical/normal dog attack cases?
                                        Just want all the facts preserved.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X