Sport Horse Spotlight

Sir Donnerhall_02Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

3255 Davidsonville Rd  Barns

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unmurderable toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmurderable toys

Our boxer loves her toys, but she's also dedicated to finding a weak spot in them and pulling out all the fluff. It doesn't seem to matter if there's a squeaker or not. Are there any toys that are more dog proof? She's missing a bunch of teeth so doesn't like the kong style toys as much.
    http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Following this as I have yet to find a toy that is indestructible with my Chessies. Removal of the fluff and the squeaker is the number one priority when she gets a new toy.

Comment

I think there is a brand called toughies? I have yet to find something that works with my dogs either.

Comment

There is no such thing. The best I've found are the knobby, bimply squeaker balls that have a plush cover. There's no fluff and the whole ball is the squeaker. These last for several playings with my terrier/heeler. Nothing else lasts even 2 minutes and usually it's more like 30 seconds. That includes all the "indestructible" fabric toys on the market. I wish he got as much enjoyment out of shredding the actual money I use to buy the toys. The I'd just give him dollar bills and would consider it a savings.
        Power to the People

Comment

Well, Kong wubbas and the Jolly Ball line of toys are the sturdiest I have found

Comment

I can NOT buy anything with fluff in it. It will be destroyed by my Chi/Jack in 10 seconds. The best I've found (I've tried everything) are the plastic bumpy balls at Petsmart $1.99 or rope toys from the $1 store. I did find this amazing guy at my local farmers market that makes toys using fire hose and they last FOREVER!!
            ~Run and Jump!~

Comment

Originally posted by xcjumper View Post
              I can NOT buy anything with fluff in it. It will be destroyed by my Chi/Jack in 10 seconds. The best I've found (I've tried everything) are the plastic bumpy balls at Petsmart $1.99 or rope toys from the $1 store. I did find this amazing guy at my local farmers market that makes toys using fire hose and they last FOREVER!!
              My heeler mix can destroy a firehose toy in about 4 minutes. The only thing I can give her that she can't kill are toys made of hard rubber like kongs...

Comment

Weird aside, but my djt who murders every creature in our fenced backyard (possums, chipmunks, squirrels, lizards, etc.) is so careful and loving with his stuffed toys. He tosses them around, carries them, puts them in his crate, rolls around squeaking them but never eviscerates the toys, just live animals. Weird. All my other terriers did what your dog does, dig out the squeek.

Comment

• Original Poster

I did find that an empty plastic water bottle tied inside an old sock provides hours of recycled entertainment.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by xeroxchick View Post
                    Weird aside, but my djt who murders every creature in our fenced backyard (possums, chipmunks, squirrels, lizards, etc.) is so careful and loving with his stuffed toys. He tosses them around, carries them, puts them in his crate, rolls around squeaking them but never eviscerates the toys, just live animals. Weird. All my other terriers did what your dog does, dig out the squeek.
                    We also have a pit mix who's extremely aggressive toward other dogs and all living things but people and he's also very gentle with his toys. It's the weirdest thing.

Comment

"Kong" type toys are the best...Walmart now sells toys rated 1 to 5 for chewability and indestructiveness. Our Boxer is not a destroyer...he can play safely with a ping pong ball stolen from the cats...but our Boerboel/Ridgeback is a DEVOTE toy killer!! She chewed a BIG Kong right in half!!
                      www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
                      Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

Comment

Kong Xtreme (the black one), Nylabone dumbbell and Kong Wubba are the only things that have survived my power destroyer Pit mix. My Aussie mix destroys ropes but takes extra care of his rubber chew toys. So far the Wubba has survived the Pit for nearly a month now! Chewy sells them for less than $7 in the large size and I have a second one shipping with my next auto for the Aussie and the Pit doesn't share.
                        Lovebug "Bugs" 2006-2019

Comment

I thought I had a dog who destroyed toys (lab)... until my roommate's doggie came along (pittie) lol. He destroys the toughest kongs, we were told by his previous owner that he wouldn't destroy lacrosse balls (he did when we gave them to him). Obviously he can't have anything plush. He does fairly well with those really hard nylabone toys, they'll last a month or so. She tried the subscription box, bullymake... and I'm super impressed with their products! We aren't made of money, so she signs up and has them send her a box or two and then puts it off until she needs more toys. Their "squishier" toys (remind me of the kongs in material a bit) are very impressive, takes him months to destroy them (he'll destroy everything eventually). They've sent us a couple of toys that he does destroy pretty quick or we can tell he would, so we give them to my dog instead lol. But for the most part, we've been pretty impressed with the toughness of their products. Too bad it's a subscription service only though :/

Comment

Working...
                          X