Stallion Spotlight

Sir Donnerhall_02Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Hear ye, hear ye,all you enablers come near to me! I got HER! UPDATE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update..?? It's been 5 days..
    www.jlsporthorsesales.net

Comment

• Original Poster

sadly, there is nothing to report. She hasn't notified me of any sitings, and I am loathe to go over and search. I mean the cat isn't starving, and if the jerks who live across the street REALLY DO 'own' this cat, well, I have had cats disappear from me, and that isn't pleasant. And it isn't as if I NEED another cat....sigh,,, but it was so cute......
      Another killer of threads

Comment

Oh - too bad. Look at it this way - the cat presumably has a home and is fed....Therefore, at your place there is space to save yet another cat.
        Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

Do you have history ??
          https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...mfort-1.636303
          ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Equibrit View Post
            this is horrible. I would FREAK if that was my cat but Nah, I am thinking of many many years ago when I was a hippie and moved about 9 times in two years.....I lost many cats, several got hit by cars, several died of FIV. Until I got Lark. He lived 18 years, and his mean sister, Little Miss Muffet, lived to be 19 and 1/2. I had a dog kill 2 since then, and am now settled with a 4 yr old Lil' Dickens, and a less than a yr old, nicknamed little sh*t. (Bugaboo.) I do not need another, but this one just folded into my arms. sigh. They saved me from myself.

Comment

• Original Poster

OK, Puddin' has been seen again! I went to my sister's again this morning, And. there. it. was. Puddin. It let me again pick it up. I tried to look for a sex organ with no luck. Puddin is very furry and I could not tell. Patty sez no one is claiming this cat. The people across the street stomp their feet and yell at the poor baby. I am going back for dinner, and since it is Sunday, I do NOT want to bring it home tonite. I will go back tomorrow with a carrier, and Toffee, as she needs her rabies shot and her nails trimmed.
              Wish me luck!

Comment

Kittehs!!!11!! Good luck! Take her home with you. She deserves a better home than with people who stomp their feet and yell at her.
                Proud member of Appendix QH clique

Comment

• Original Poster

well... not yet. I went back last night and he was there. I petted him, but didn't take him yet, didn't want him/her near my boys till I get an all clear from the vet. Today, NO SIGN OF THE CAT So frustrating! But I am back in the game!

Comment

You'll have to just grab him and quarantine him next time! It really is the only way to ensure you can grab poor Puddin' and get him safe. He'll do fine in a spare bathroom or a large crate in your bedroom with the door closed for a day or two until you can get him to the vet.

Comment

• Original Poster

I got HER! I got HER! Patty said she came out as soon as I left today. Oh, this is so exciting! Wait till you hear!!
                      I raced her to the vet, and first thing, he said she was missing teeth, he said SHE, ( he looked and found!) and therefore not a kitten. OK. So then he shaved her belly, covered with mats, and found she had been spayed! YAY! Then they waved the wand, and she has been chipped. yay. They went in to look up the info, and sure enough, she belonged to Patty's neighbor, who died a year and a half ago! The female cat, as named Junior. Idiot! She is 10 years old! And cast out of her home. By rock throwing jerks. Gave her the FIV test, negative!YAY! So I had them give her a rabies shot and FIV. she is eating in the bathroom right now, with Bug and Dickens attentively at the door.
                      I petted her gently, and she hissed at me! Every cat I have ever had has loved to have me run my hand down their back, and tighten down the tail. They love it. She, not so much. So here are the first pics of Puddin. Not great, but here they are:

Comment

• Original Poster

OK, four more pics. I left her alone munching on canned cat food and closed the door. I came out to the living room and updated you guys, and made a phone call. Went back in 20 minutes or so and Bug had pushed to bathroom door open. I went in, and she was in the corner, but no one was hissing. I took these photos, and she seemed to not be disturbed. Click image for larger version

Name:	New photo of Puddin'.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	10397415
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great update.

Comment

I love that you got her, she was negative on everything that was scary, and she's already spayed.

You're the first person in a year and a half that's been near her, and that resulted in a trip to the vet, and a strange place. She'll calm down, and be fine in a few days. At least Bug was OK with her.
                            Last edited by JanM; May. 21, 2019, 10:17 AM.
                            You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Comment

Puddin may not realize it yet but that was her LUCKY DAY!

So happy for you too. Enjoy, yeah she is a purdy one.
                              "There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery." - Charles Darwin

Comment

Who's the "Idiot"? The previous owner that is now dead?

Do you have the killer dog under control now so that your cats are safe?

Glad that her tests came back negative and that she's already spayed and reasonably healthy. She's a pretty girl!
                                Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

Comment

• Original Poster

no, the owner now of the house, previous owner's niece who ran the cat off would qualify in my mind as an idiot. If you don't want her, give her away or take her to the pound, but to just cast her out is a crap thing to do. There are pit bulls running in that neighborhood. I had a dog that killed two of my cats a few years back. I had to have him pts. It broke my heart.
                                  Thank you. She IS pretty. She does look a lot like Lark.

Comment

This is a fun thread and so happy it ends how you wanted it - after the previous sad thread we needed this! Happy Days!
                                    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

• Original Poster

OK, next update. Puddin has become fond of me, on her terms. Doesn't like touching. Much. Hates the boys. Sheds like a yak. NO grooming allowed. What are my options? She spends most of her time aline. Sometimes on the dining room table. I don't like that, but I allow it. (mostly don't actually eat there. Things collect there.) She is fed in the bathroom. Close to but not with the boys. They are puzzled and dismayed. Dickens has actually started hissing at Bug.
                                      She will occasionally allow me to pet her, but if I try to adjust her, there is a disgruntled 'mew', followed by a warning growl. I get it. She has been abused. She is coming on to me. But very slowly. What suggestions might you have for the grooming stuff?

Comment

Give her time. It may take weeks, months, or years for her to come around. She needs time to acclimate and feel safe and secure. No helpful tips on the grooming, I would recommend just letting her be for now. Good luck!!

Comment

She needs her own place and space, she's up high on the table where she can see everything and feels safer there.You say she spends time alone, totally alone or just removed from everyone in the same space? Does she have a room to herself that she can go to, especially if you're not there or sleeping at night and unable to monitor them? Do you have enough litter boxes? Sounds like Dickens is trying to either maintain or establish hierarchy over Bug.

If she doesn't appreciate patting then you need to give her a reason to appreciate it. Spend time patting her while holding her food dish before you put it down. Use treats to reward her for letting you pat her, she needs to associate good things with human contact. Once you have established that then you pat her with your hand and the brush and once she's used to having the brush around her then slowly start brushing her.
                                          Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

Comment

Working...
                                          X