Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

528KerwinHill-003-HDRInternet
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Hear ye, hear ye,all you enablers come near to me! I got HER! UPDATE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear ye, hear ye,all you enablers come near to me! I got HER! UPDATE!

well, I went to my sister's today, and she has a feral colony living there. She also has a couple of strays. I saw a beautiful longhair tabby, (my favorite of all cats.) I picked up this darling kitten and was completely smitten. Patty sez it comes from across the street. there is a roving pit bull and all these cats. WOULD I DARE TAKE HOME A THIRD CAT???? I do not think Dickens would like it, not sure what Bug would do. Not sure what the kitteh in question would do. It would screw up the feeding of the cats as where I do feed them is not big enough for 3. And then there are the vet bills. What should I do?
    Another killer of threads

Duh, bring home the baby kitteh!!! All of the other stuff will sort itself out!

You're welcome! And pics are required
    Last edited by Barn Mom; Mar. 18, 2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

You had me with the word 'enabler'...so I clicked.

Of course things will work out - and the kitty has already had experience of colony living.
      Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

Will Not Enable...Will Not...

You DO know this is the same way many of us have gotten our very Best Kittehs!

long haired tabby, yes yes.
        "There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery." - Charles Darwin

Comment

• Original Poster

and another thing.... when I picked this kitteh up, it, ( hasn't been sexed yet...) it let me cradle it like a baby. I haven't had a cat do that in YEARS. Not since Lark the great....

Comment

Lark was a beautiful kitty. Whenever I worry about kitties getting along and how to arrange things with new ones,

I think of our poster Dressagetraks, with her herd of happy, well adjusted cats. Seems all her kitties get along

well enough to have a great life.
            "There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery." - Charles Darwin

Comment

Sounds like you NEED this laid back pretty baby. Whatcha waiting for? lol.

Comment

Take the kitty home. If you don't, and something happens to that cat, you'll never forgive yourself.
                You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Comment

Of course you bring the kitten home. It's picked you!!

Comment

• Original Poster

Curses! Foiled again! I went to get the kitteh, (I have surreptitiously named Puddin', a clever moniker as I do not know if it is a he/she.) Not to be found!! I went out and chirped, no joy. Patty wasn't there, she was out with the daughter, but her hubby said the cat has disappeared. I am pretty determined tho. I want to go straight to a vet to see if this cat is FIV first. I will bide my time....

Comment

I admire your optimism, if you thought by coming here you'd get talked OUT of it! Here's hoping Puddin' shows up soon. Probably as soon as he/she gets hungry...

I'm in the same boat...we foster lots of kitties, but they are all young (generally under a year) and thus they end up eventually pestering my older boys, who are past the age of kitten-nonsense. So I'm generally not too tempted to keep any of them, no matter how sweet or cuddly they may be.

Except. We lost my old girl last August, so I've been feeling a void. And we just got an adult female foster who is soooo sweet and quiet and beautiful... it's early days yet, so she has not been introduced to the current inmates yet...but I am very tempted to Foster Fail her!

Comment

Oh no! I hope (s)he comes back! Doesn't kitty know its forever home is waiting?
                        "Cats aren't clean; they're covered with cat spit."
                        - John S Nichols (1745-1846,writer/printer)

Don't come for me - I didn't send for you.

Comment

• Original Poster

sorry to keep you guys on tenterhooks, but I got busy today and I am going out dancing tonight!! yeah! hurray for meet up! tomorrow, I will appear, then spirit Puddin' off to the vet....

Comment

Congrats on Puddin'.

I was at a barn, a feral barn kitten kept climbing up my leg, little mews and sweet tiny thing. Scritch, scritch and put her down...back up she came. Called the next day and heard, "My wife is down grooming your kitten"...must've been wearing my sucker button the day before. Abigail is a sweetie, longish haired and funny. Were my 2 other cats happy? Oh hell no, my Siamese pouted and hissed for a week.

Good for you for giving Puddin a good life!
                            "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Comment

• Original Poster

welll, strike two... I went back this morning. My sister said she was stunned that the cat is not visible. It is always here she said to me.. She said this cat is always at the head of the line when she puts out the food around 7 pm. I will be in church tonite at that time. But I told her to leave me a message if it shows up. I may have to rename it Will o the wisp....

Comment

^^^^^ or Sneaky. Or Casper the ghost.

Comment

Dear Puddin',

Your new mom is coming. Wait for her. The proof is in the puddin'.

Love and purrs,

Rescued Kitteh 1
                                  Rack on!

Comment

Sending up a few jingles for Puddin to put in an appearance soon! She/he is gorgeous, I just love the long hairs. They seem to have the sweetest personalities. My favorite kitty is a formerly feral long haired boy who was born in the woods behind our barn. It took me several months to even be able to even touch him. Now he's a happy indoor-only lover boy who also acts like a baby. He loves to be held. If you sit down, he's on your lap purring away. He also stands up on his hind legs and reaches up with his front legs to be picked up - just like a baby - so cute!

Good luck on the 'Pudding search'...

Comment

• Original Poster

wellllll, the bad news is Puddin' didn't make an appearance tonite either. Patty seems to think maybe the people across the street saw me holding the cat, and have confiscated it. But her angry retort was that the cat has spent the winter on her porch, crying for food and shelter. I don't know what to do. I do not want to spirit off a cat that does really have a home, but if they are that negligent... I don't know. She will keep her eyes open, but I am not hopeful at the mo....

Comment

Be patient. The cat has chosen to escape, and after a few days, the people will let the cat out again to wander around and you'll get a chance to take Puddin' home. Good pet owners don't let their animals wander looking for food and shelter.
                                        You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Comment

Working...
                                        X