Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

105 DSCN0687
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Ranch Brands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranch Brands

A friend of mine bought a horse a few years ago in New Jersey from someone who brought it up from Va. We are sure the brand is a ranch brand and he has had some training as an eventer. Can someone point us in the right direction to identify the brand? hopefully this link will work.. does anyone recognize it?

https://i246.photobucket.com/albums/...psilvlqn2p.jpg
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Brands can be tough to trace if you don't know where the horse came from.
    Here, out west, most states are brand states and require registration of brands making it a bit easier as you can contact the local brand office or look up brands on the website. Farther east, from what I've been told, brand registration is not the norm making them harder to trace. Which makes no sense to me but I guess some people brand anyhow.
    Plus there are states like Texas who register their brands by county.
    I would start with those states you know the horse had been in and of course registration papers are a good place to start. But I am guessing if you had those you would not be here asking.

Good luck! Hopefully, someone recognizes.
    (Location of the brand on the horse helps too. Example Left hip, right shoulder, left jowl, etc.)

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks for the response the brand I believe is on his right hind end.. the seller got the horse and refused all ingo. The horse vetted and was a perfect match. Just trying to get information. .

Comment

You could try an image search on Google --I found my horse's brand's origin by accident --I was at a horse show and there was an exhibitor with TWO horses with the same brand. She gave me the information and I called the breeder. Turned out my horse was a BSP (we'd thought QH) who had been sold w/o papers as he had no markings. The breeder declined to give me the papers but told me my horse's parents' names. I called the Paint registry but no way to register w/o breeder's participation. The woman there explained (true or not) that some breeders don't register their unmarked foals so they can state that their stud throws 100% color and can back that up with registration records. I did like knowing that we had a very well-bred horse --even if he had no papers.

My other branded horse I worked backwards though his Coggins records starting with the one that came with him. I contacted that owner (I'd bought him at auction) who gave me the name of the man she'd gotten the horse from, who gave me the name of the breeder, who wrote me a long letter about my horse. I found everyone on Facebook --the challenge was the breeder, an older woman who isn't on facebook much (just a picture and some very old posts). I called the QH registry and they gave me her snail mail addy. You might be able to contact the vet who did the Coggins and see if he/she has the previous one on file with a name/address of the previous owner before the seller . . .
        Last edited by Foxglove; May. 15, 2019, 08:02 AM. Reason: Added infor

Comment

There is a Facebook Group - Equine Brand Lookup - that you might try posting your photo on and asking if someone could identify it.

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X