• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

comments on TB Pedigree, please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments on TB Pedigree, please

I have my own opinion, but I'd like to see what you other TB lovers think.
    http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pe...ts_indicator=Y

She's just started a racing career at age 4, I believe. Is a Washington State bred in New York now. I have no idea what she looks like or how big she is. This is just asking for thoughts on her paper.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Holy Moly

Well if this is a test I find it to be every bit as good as you think. It is not often my notes go to two pages and Raise a Native would be considered the weakest point of the pedigree...often it is the only good point in a potential sport pedigree...at times two or three with inbreeding.

To start at the top
    Full Pocket with Olden Times and his double Rock Sand and Fairy Gold...this mares pedigree is loaded with doubles of good good stuff.
    Djenne with her Double Tourbillon. Loaded with Bayardo, Teddy, Bay Ronald as is the whole pedigree.
    Then I have a soft spot for Summer Tan and Sickle though it may be a pesonal weakness without any proof.
    Bulldog
    Forli with Foxglove
    Tudor Melody with Gainsborough and Sun-In-Law and more Dark Ronald.
    Matelda Pharis x2, Darl Ronald, and Bay Ronald
    A sprinkling of Roi Herode
    Damascus with Teddy, My Babu(Tourbillon), and Blue Larkspur
    Aesthetic Mamoud, Sir Gallahad, Phalaris, Blue Larkspur.
    PAGE 2
    Raise a Champion with Raise a Native, Case Ace and American Flag.
    Then Ack Ack. Turn-To, Princquillo and The interesting horse The Shoe With Khaled and Iron Reward. I love Iron Reward with Beau Pere(Son-In-Law) and War Admiral, Teddy.
    Then some Nasrullah and Bulldog(Teddy).
    Another personal favorite with more reason...Grey Dawn. Herbager(Son-In-Law), Mahmoud, Case Ace, Blue Larkspur.
    And finally what a dam line for Sport! La Buterne to Lady Juror. She has Precipitation(HurryOn) Abernant Foxhunter, Hasty Road, Solario, Blue Peter.

Even if she is a shrimp she should be a pony mom. PatO

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks, Columbus, for your analysis. It validates what I thought.

Since she's just starting racing and could well be a flop, it would nice if there were a soft landing for her later.

Comment

While I'm no TB pedigree expert, I LOVE anything with Herbager, especially through Grey Dawn. Seems they are all gorgeous movers.

PS. Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Herbager?

Comment

• Original Poster

Herbager ought to be Errbaajay

Comment

This filly and a fulll sister to this filly, both no-sale'd for €5k at the Tattersall's Derby sale last week.

T'isn't often you'd be seeing Menelek in a pedigree anymore, not a full TB anyway.

Comment

I loved that Lavarico on paper! There was a filly at the Derby sale out of a half sister to Moon Fleet who didn't sell at 6500 by Heron Island I believe.

I did not go as Mr. Equilibrium is on his last week of vacation before going back to Saudi and the last thing he wanted to do was hang out with horses all day! I've had a hard enough time getting him to take care of the ones he owns!

The August NH sale is a treasure trove of fun pedigrees and the prices are much nicer than the Derby Sale obvioulsy.

Terri
              COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Comment

1st gen/sire and dam: eh. nothing of note.
                2nd gen/ Full Pocket is very nice to see up close.
                3rd gen/Raise a Native and Grey Dawn are super jump lines (Full Pocket lines already accounted for above)
                4th gen/in additon to the above lines are Forli, Damascus, and Ack Ack.
                all in all some nice old family in the first 4 generations. While there are lots of goodies farhter back I presonally need to see upfront/recent talent (first 4 gens) when I look at a pedigree. I am not so interested in 5+ gens back.
                Providence Farm
                http://providencefarmpintos.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                  I loved that Lavarico on paper! There was a filly at the Derby sale out of a half sister to Moon Fleet who didn't sell at 6500 by Heron Island I believe.
                  Terri
                  Can't believe I missed that one, very nice indeed...
                  http://www.tattersalls.ie/sales/june2010/00000248.pdf

Comment

I wish I'd gone to see her but I just expected her to make decent money at the Derby Sale.

Viney,

I had a big reponse typed with my research but the computer ate it! But then I thought why in the world would you need our help!!!! But I did rather like her pedigree and love the Grey Dawn II. I know there were other highlights but I can't remember now. Good luck in tracking her.

Terri
                    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Comment

I would add she is out of the 9-C* dam line which is supposed to be very prepotent for sport horses...
                      Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
                      " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
                      Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Comment

What trainer is she with? If they show up in Saratoga, I can take a peek at her, see what she looks like. Maybe take her for myself, if she's that nice.
                        Different Times Equestrian Ventures at Hidden Spring Ranch
                        www.DifferentTimesEquestrianVentures.com

Comment

I think she has a very attractive pedigree, and is a good one for us to keep an eye on.
                          Timex, if you see her, let us know!
                          A Fine Romance. April 1991 - June 2016. Loved forever.

Comment

Working...
                          X