• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

The race is on... 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The race is on... 2006

On 'The race is on' thread we keep seeing all of these beautiful babies, so who has bred or planning to breed this season? It seems like I know some of the mares from the other thread because I got to hear so much about them, I would be interested in hearing what stallions they are going to.
    I have already tried to breed Kitten (Half Feline a TB) to Chacco Blue with frozen. No luck so she just got bred last weekend to Paparazzo, fingers crossed this one worked.
    Lucky (Copelansluckyjet TB) got bred the same day as Kitten to Paparazzo also.
    Mabel (Little Big Moe TB) is up at the vets right now being bred to Toronto with frozen.
    When Suerte (Trakhener) foals she will go to Rotspon
    So who else is ready to join this race?
    Genevieve
    www.glenhillfarm.com
    www.learntolikepink.com my journey with breast cancer
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petalu...2907692?ref=ts

I'll be the first to join!

Lady bred to Pikepass (don't know if she's preggo yet)

But I haven't decided who's getting bred to whom yet for the others!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/riverroad727

Comment

Me!!! Well, no one has been bred yet, but I am leasing a lovely TB mare named Devil's Sis (Abby) from Genevieve G. She is going to Literati, Genevieve's stallion, if she'll cooperate. I am also breeding my TB mare Emily (Gipsy Dream) to someone, but I am undecided at this point as to who. She's going to be a tough one to get in foal, so I don't care when she gets pregnant, just that she does.

Ok, who else??

Comment

• Original Poster

now we need to convince okggo to come over and she can make a list!
        (was that subtle enough, I am not above begging if it will help!)
        Genevieve
        www.glenhillfarm.com

Comment

Okkkkkgggggggggggooooooo...please, please, please, will you make a list? (Said in my best whiny voice.) I am not above begging either. We can do a foals of 06 site & post our ultrasound pics, or rather blobs until they get here.

Comment

• Original Poster

we could post insemination pics! or we could get a dandy shot of your mare kicking my stallion during live cover!
            Genevieve
            www.glenhillfarm.com

Comment

Pics of the Equitainer containing the swim team perhaps? Or the frozen straws for those of you going that route.

By the way, how are poor Literati's "boys" doing? I hope fine. Evil little witch...

Comment

I've changed my mind fifty million times already. I bred Gold Stepper to Paparazzo, will find out next week.
                On the Deck to Grandom.
                Metsonized to Balta Czar.
                Watch Me Run to Rio Grande.
                Raintime to Popeye K.
                Variety Scene to Don Alfredo.
                I have a couple still undecided.
                www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

Comment

I have a pic of my '06 baby. Isn;t it adorable? I love all the white markings... and isn' going to be HUGE?

Popeye K X Jade (15.3 Old. by Jupiter)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh, but you forgot Betty the Beast!! Can't leave her out. We'll calculate her due date 400 days from her breeding date.

Grayfox, if you really can't decide on Quincy she can just stay with me for while!
                    (Just kidding...not really .)

Comment

I'll play
                      Pin Up (Polish Arab) bred to Mirabeau due 3/7/06
                      Chips of Clay (AWS-TB/Selle cross)to Maxamillion
                      To Be Frank (TB RPSI appr)to Art Deco
                      BA Aprils Folly(Polish Arab RPSIappr)to Art Deco
                      Amayzing (Anhaltiner E, Oldenburg) to Sempatico
                      Epic Believer (Epic Win TB, AHS appr)to Contucci
                      Light Jo V (TB RPSI appr) to Happy Hour
                      Labet (App/ Knab appr)to Applause (Knabstrupper)
                      Almosta Star (3/4 Welsh 1/4 Arab) to Misty Mountain Brynmor

"Frank", "Chessie" Chips of Clay, "May" Amayzing, "April", "Lucy" Epic Believer Have been bred but don't know if they took...breed Josie tomorrow.
                      www.lazyjsporthorses.com

Comment

Chef, what a cute baby. He looks like a hack winner to me.

Spacely I didn't forget Betty the Beast but I thought the thread was horses that are bred this year to foal next year. Betty is bred this year and will foal in 2007.
                        www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

Comment

Oh, that's right, I forgot Betty is really an elephant in horse clothing. 22 months gestation.

Comment

We bred Rohanna to Don Schufro today. Oh PLEASE let this work!!!! Dancing for fertility....

Another should be ready to breed in a week's time - a Weltbekannt/ Rubinstein mare to be bred to Stedinger. My best and oldest mare, Rubizza, is doing nothing but confusing us so far, though. I hope to breed her to Sandro Hit if she ever decides to ovulate.

Then I have two more - but they have to foal first. Donatella (Donnerschlag/ Wenzel) is at 327 days today. She'll be bred to Royal Blend (Rotspon/ Lauries Crusader). The last, Blanche (Bon Bonaparte/ World Cup/ Grande) won't foal until at least mid June. I'm debating whether to breed her or try to start early next year. If I breed her, it will be to Fred Astair by Fabriano.
                            Mary Lou
                            http://www.homeagainfarm.com

https://www.facebook.com/HomeAgainFarmHanoverians

Member OMGiH I loff my mares clique

Comment

I'll join!
                              This will be the first breeding experience for me and the first foal for my mare.
                              I'm breeding Cashew to Guaranteed Gold. She unfortunately had a bacterial infection (of course a rare, and resistant one) in her uterus, so we are in the middle of flushes. However, she is still strongly cycling and hopefully we will have her bred on the week of May 15th. Everyone do the fertility dance!!!
                              Caution: Beware the Mare!!
                              ~Member of \"OMGiH I loff my mare\" Clique
                              ~Member of The Blonde Rider Clique
                              ~Member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique
                              ~Founder of the Appaloosa Lover Clique
                              http://community.webshots.com/user/cashew4ever

Comment

Home Again ... I will do the fertility dance for you if you do one for me too.

Today my chestnut sabino TB mare was bred to Viva Voltaire with frozen.

My palomino filly is suppose to be bred to Don Schufro also this year. Her cycles are not cooperating yet. So we have to wait a bit longer to breed her.

I hope both of our girls take!!
                                Serious fertility dancing going on over here!!!

I am also anxiously awaiting a couple of mare that I bred last year to foal. They are due any day now but are holding on and driving me and their new owners crazy. Both are cremellos bred to a black & white pinto Hall of Fame son. We are hoping for buckskin pintos!

Good Luck everyone with your breeding adventures this year!

~Monique
                                www.ChampsGuthrie.com - Brown Silver Dapple AQHA & NFQHA stallion
                                www.SilverSportHorses.com - Quality Silver Warmblood X Sport Horses

Comment

Only one 2006 foal planned for me!
                                  Romantica (EHS Playboy x Romance x Romadour)was bred last weekend to EnAvant's wonderful stallion Scimitar. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Comment

OK, for once I have BIG plans for 2006....

I will have my pony mare, Angel, bred to a welsh cob stud Minyffordd Megastar (they did a Breyer horse of him - how cool is that? LOL)

My Anglo-Tk mare, Encore, bred to Impressionist (TK) this will be a full brother/sister to my 2 year old colt.

And last but certainly not least, we are buying a VERY nice full bred TK mare that will come to us in foal for a Feb baby (Onassis is daddy) and she will be rebred to Impressionist (more than likely). VERY excited about this!!!
                                    Emerald Acres standing the ATA, Trakehner Verband, sBs, RPSI, and ISR/OLD NA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Comment

Well, all my girls will be bred to the "black stallion"...he would never forgive me if I bred one of His "chicks" to some outsider. OMG

El Grand Uno (TB) is due 3/16/06
                                      Wradiant (Wradar/San Remo) is being bred tomorrow

The other six haven't "popped" yet, but it's a race to see who's going to go first and its looks liks Ms. Whirlwind (due 5/31) is trying desperately to jump to the head of the line.

So, yet to breed:
                                      Ms. Whirlwind (TB)
                                      Nana Do (TB)
                                      Franscesca (Old)
                                      Grand Elegance (RPSI)
                                      Grand Addition (Old)
                                      Dream Catcher (Old)

Start shipping to outside mares tomorrow as well!
                                      www.debracysporthorses.com
                                      Home of Sea Accounts xx
                                      AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
                                      "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Comment

Oh fun! Another great thread!

Well now that my two for 05 are on the ground, we are gearing up to breed the two for 06...

Shining Star (aka Betty, but not the infamous 'Betty the Beast') will be leaving this week-end to be breed to Werbellin, for a repeat of the breeding that gave us Woomera. I'm crossing every finger and toe and saying my prayers for a filly. She is 20 yrs old, so this will be her last foal and I would really love a girl version of Woomera. *please*

Sierra Leone, my sneaky pony mare who just had a Donarweiss colt, will be bred on the 30 day heat to Benno's Dream. At least I know I will finally get my chestnut on this one!
                                        Linda
                                        Home of EM Day Dream, SPS Pakesa, & SPS Destiny
                                        Breeders of USDF HOY Reminisce HM and USDF Reserve HOY Legacy HM
                                        http://wbstallions.net/hof-mendenhall/

Comment

Working...
                                        X