• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

SHN Payback Participants - IRS Status has changed Update page 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SHN Payback Participants - IRS Status has changed Update page 7

    http://forums.arabianbreeders.net/to...a-new-website/

    I'm not sure that all of the stallion owners know what's going on. As someone who loves Arabians and loves Sport Horses and really feels this program started out as a great thing - it is now being torn into 2 separate entities without any real explanation from the person tearing it apart, which in the opinion of many is the original founder. I just thought the WB breeders who so awesomely donated to the "original" SHN Payback program should see the whole story and know that their donations are now listed on another website as well as the original website.

    Disclaimer - this is worse than a Soap Opera, and I'm sorry I feel the need to post. But the original program is in trouble =(
    Last edited by stripes; Jun. 10, 2013, 11:38 PM.
    http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

  • #2
    It is sad to see this happen. With a split like this, no one wins. It is important to be able to work together. I think many of us will wait to see how this plays out over the next few months before deciding on next years donation.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am getting so tired of seeing a great program or great registry get ripped apart by the people involved because they can't find a way to work together! The solution is always "I'm going to start a new Registry/Program", instead of picking the best solution, which is fixing the one you already have! The drama gets old fast, and the rest of us all get to the point that we do NOT want to get involved anymore. Oy vei!
      www.DaventryEquestrian.com
      Home of Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
      Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness www.EquineAppraisers.com

      Comment

      • Original Poster

        #4
        Just wanted to say that Peggy, the one that we have all being dealing with, is trying to hold it together. My hope is that the stallion owners will choose to stay with her and keep things going. This program has been great for Arabian Sport Horses. I'm very saddened to see that some people can't be mature enough to put personal stuff aside for the good of something greater.
        http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, I have to say that I am appauled that all three of our stallions have been posted on the shnpayback.org AND the sporthorsepayback.com!!!! Neither website asked for a contract from us, one of the websites not even asking for permission to use our stallions. What if a stud fee had been purchased off of both websites? We have asked that our stallions be removed from both "programs". I'm sorry, but what an embarassing mess. Daventry Farms is definitely no longer in support of any of it.
          www.DaventryEquestrian.com
          Home of Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
          Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness www.EquineAppraisers.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stripes View Post
            Just wanted to say that Peggy, the one that we have all being dealing with, is trying to hold it together. My hope is that the stallion owners will choose to stay with her and keep things going. This program has been great for Arabian Sport Horses. I'm very saddened to see that some people can't be mature enough to put personal stuff aside for the good of something greater.

            it would appall me to see on the frontispiece of a futurity website 700 words about how "someone else sucked so bad but we are holding it together...oh by the way send money,donations blah blah blah to hold our futurity together...."

            what?

            little lesson in consumer confidence 101...

            no one wants to hear your dirty business on the first glance....if you have so much dirty business that it overwhelms what you are trying to do,perhaps the whole thing should be put on hold til you fix it...no ??

            Tamara in TN
            no cameras anywhere
            Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
            I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

            Comment

            • Original Poster

              #7
              Originally posted by Tamara in TN View Post
              it would appall me to see on the frontispiece of a futurity website 700 words about how "someone else sucked so bad but we are holding it together...oh by the way send money,donations blah blah blah to hold our futurity together...."

              what?

              little lesson in consumer confidence 101...

              no one wants to hear your dirty business on the first glance....if you have so much dirty business that it overwhelms what you are trying to do,perhaps the whole thing should be put on hold til you fix it...no ??

              Tamara in TN
              no cameras anywhere
              That is my point. Anyone who has used this program knows that Peggy Ingles is the heart of it and would never do what the new program has suggested.

              the SportHorsePayback.com is the original program, Peggy had to change the domain due to Laura's take over. To Daventry, I hope you read this and reconsider the original Payback - you did sign a contract with that Payback program, the one based in MD. with Peggy Ingles as the adminstrator. It is a wonderful program that has served many very well.

              My point with posting this here was that I knew stallion owners had not been properly informed of what was going on. And I thought both sides should be presented.
              http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah she posted that same "Shn payback has a new website" thread here a while back.

                eta: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ht=shn+payback
                Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
                Sam: A job? Does it pay?
                Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
                Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have known Peggy and have supported HER program for years. This is a case of someone wanting a peice of the action and trying to take it over from the one who started it all. Shame on you (whoever is behind the take over), I am embarrassed to be associated at all now and it's due to the mishandling of this situation. All should be adults and do what's right for the program and stop this silliness. I bought a breeding and have done so for years but will only deal with Peggy on this so next year I may keep my money and my support. Such a shame because it WAS a great program.
                  www.lazyjsporthorses.com

                  Comment

                  • Original Poster

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ljshorses View Post
                    I have known Peggy and have supported HER program for years. This is a case of someone wanting a peice of the action and trying to take it over from the one who started it all. Shame on you (whoever is behind the take over), I am embarrassed to be associated at all now and it's due to the mishandling of this situation. All should be adults and do what's right for the program and stop this silliness. I bought a breeding and have done so for years but will only deal with Peggy on this so next year I may keep my money and my support. Such a shame because it WAS a great program.
                    Sad isn't it. I think what irks me the most is that 2 out 3 of the new BOD has profitted greatly from this program and the first classes announced for Payout at SHN are classes they themselves will have horses in - HUGE COI.
                    http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have tried to keep SO's informed, as I consider them the "boss."

                      This coup attempt is not only illegal, but unethical on so many levels. It will get rectified and a great prize money program, perhaps in another name, will rise from this. All previous enrollments will be honored.

                      I am very grateful for everyone's support, now and in the past.

                      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any concerns.

                      Peggy Ingles
                      pegasus44@verizon.net
                      410/823-5579

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stripes View Post
                        That is my point. Anyone who has used this program knows that Peggy Ingles is the heart of it and would never do what the new program has suggested.

                        the SportHorsePayback.com is the original program, Peggy had to change the domain due to Laura's take over. To Daventry, I hope you read this and reconsider the original Payback - you did sign a contract with that Payback program, the one based in MD. with Peggy Ingles as the adminstrator. It is a wonderful program that has served many very well.

                        My point with posting this here was that I knew stallion owners had not been properly informed of what was going on. And I thought both sides should be presented.
                        My takeover? How can I takeover a program that is run by a Board of Directors? The new website at www.shnpayback.org was required to keep the program going, as Peggy had sabotaged our old website by removing multiple pages and by killing the credit card purchase ability. Since she had registered the domain in her name instead of doing the proper thing and registering it in the company name, and since she would not give us access to our own website, we were forced to open a new website. The website at www.shnpayback.org is still the original program, is still recognized by the IRS as the original organization, is still registered in MD, and is still run by a BOD. The only "takeover" is Peggy trying to launch her own website without the BOD's knowledge or approval. Her new website is not run by a BOD but only by Peggy. Any money she collects she is putting in her own personal account for who knows what purpose. She has no stallions donated to her new program, but is trying to take ours.

                        Further, the SHN Payback program was never "administered" by Peggy. It was and is run by a Board of Directors and Officers. What duties Peggy did have, she resigned from.

                        Her refusal to follow the laws of the State of MD regarding non-profits is why we have secured an attorney, who will be protecting the rights of the stallion owners and the corporation.
                        The Inverted Y
                        Thoroughbred and Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
                        2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
                        www.allanglos.net

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think the main problem here is that the program grew very big very fast. As Peggy was trying to set up paypal and correct credit card usage issues as well as make sure all was legally registered, some BOD members got nervous and jumped before looking. I think if they were to organize and work together none of this would of happened. I think that this was a fear reaction and lack of communication. If I ever support this program again I would really like to see one website and members working together not attacking each other. The "takeover" in my opinion was unprofessional and detrimental to the program as a whole.
                          www.lazyjsporthorses.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I read the entire thread on ABN and I find it extremely interesting that Laura has the time to come and post HERE but refuses to answer stallion owners' questions THERE on a thread SHE STARTED HERSELF.

                            LOL.

                            I'm so glad I didn't enroll Treasure when he qualified.
                            Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
                            Sam: A job? Does it pay?
                            Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
                            Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Where is the money now from the sold breedings for 2010?

                              I guess at this point is will all be gone to legal fees, and the winner will just be whoever has control of the money to pay for them.

                              Sad.

                              Comment

                              • Original Poster

                                #16
                                Originally posted by allanglos View Post
                                My takeover? How can I takeover a program that is run by a Board of Directors? The new website at www.shnpayback.org was required to keep the program going, as Peggy had sabotaged our old website by removing multiple pages and by killing the credit card purchase ability. Since she had registered the domain in her name instead of doing the proper thing and registering it in the company name, and since she would not give us access to our own website, we were forced to open a new website. The website at www.shnpayback.org is still the original program, is still recognized by the IRS as the original organization, is still registered in MD, and is still run by a BOD. The only "takeover" is Peggy trying to launch her own website without the BOD's knowledge or approval. Her new website is not run by a BOD but only by Peggy. Any money she collects she is putting in her own personal account for who knows what purpose. She has no stallions donated to her new program, but is trying to take ours.

                                Further, the SHN Payback program was never "administered" by Peggy. It was and is run by a Board of Directors and Officers. What duties Peggy did have, she resigned from.

                                Her refusal to follow the laws of the State of MD regarding non-profits is why we have secured an attorney, who will be protecting the rights of the stallion owners and the corporation.
                                Laura - show us where the BOD of the MD based program voted Peggy off and dissolved the Non Profit. Show us the minutes. Fact is that you started a whole new & separate enitity in Fl. and took the stallion list with you. There was NO BOD even in place to have a vote to vote anyone off. Isn't that how most of this started? Peggy wanted a 5 member BOD and you didn't - I believe you said too many people will not agree. From your actions, I'm guessing you didn't want anyone to disagree with you. As it stands now, your new program has a BOD which 2 of the 3 stand to profit from this program which is a HUGE COI and one that stallion owners should know about. By choosing classes that you know you will showing in is ethically wrong. Your new program will never be legal until you deal with the original and only valid Payback program in MD. Stallion owners needed to be contacted before you did anything! Now their stallions are not only listed with the MD payback where the have legal contracts, but also listed with your Fl. without any contract. You need to stop hiding behind this ridiculous idea of a BOD and step up and start providing proof of your accusations and answering the questions of the people who have a vested interest in Payback.
                                Last edited by stripes; Mar. 3, 2010, 12:55 PM.
                                http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

                                Comment

                                • Original Poster

                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Grataan View Post
                                  I read the entire thread on ABN and I find it extremely interesting that Laura has the time to come and post HERE but refuses to answer stallion owners' questions THERE on a thread SHE STARTED HERSELF.

                                  LOL.

                                  I'm so glad I didn't enroll Treasure when he qualified.
                                  Glad someone caught that little fact. I loved when she claimed to not know about the thread. Too much not adding up for Laura. Peggy has been nothing but up front and transparent. Its pretty easy to see what is going on.
                                  http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I read the other thread too. It seems as Laura may have been caught...I guess she wanted control so as to benefit her horses that show in the program. Not cool to have someone in charge of a program and also competing in said program and handling their competitor's money???? Something smells really fishy here and I better not have issues with the breeding I purchased. It was an expensive one (Rousseau) so my husband, who is a Maryland attorney will now be getting an earful from me. I want him to check into this and Peggy, if you need his legal assistance just say the word, I am sure he would be more than happy to help you. This is such a shame. Peggy has always been wonderful to work with and always quickly responds to all my questions. Laura asked that I stop my payment that I sent to Peggy and reissue a check to her (another breeding that I decided not to purchase)...I didn't like the sound of that. I originally planned on buying two stud fees but will just stay with the Rousseau for now and that unfortunately may be my last check to the program I have supported for years. Thanks Laura for screwing up a really good thing.
                                    www.lazyjsporthorses.com

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Daventry View Post
                                      Well, I have to say that I am appauled that all three of our stallions have been posted on the shnpayback.org AND the sporthorsepayback.com!!!! Neither website asked for a contract from us, one of the websites not even asking for permission to use our stallions. What if a stud fee had been purchased off of both websites? We have asked that our stallions be removed from both "programs". I'm sorry, but what an embarassing mess. Daventry Farms is definitely no longer in support of any of it.
                                      Well darn! It was one of your stallions breedings that I was hoping to purchase when this whole mess blew over. I am glad I waited.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Over my dead body will there be one penny spent on legal fees.

                                        The law is very clear. Both the Sec. of State in MD and the Atty Gen'l in FL are investigating Laura's attempt to transfer anything from the non-profit MD corp to the new FL corp. They have both used words such as "fraud," "misrepresentation," and "felony."

                                        This program ran like a top for two years and had a great future. What a shame for all of our supporters :-(

                                        Peggy

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X