• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

SHN Payback Participants - IRS Status has changed Update page 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Originally posted by Daventry View Post
    I just want to say that after trying to deal with the Director/Founder, Laura Wood, regarding this program and her website the last two weeks, I have found her to be incredibly unethical and dishonest. I have asked REPEATEDLY that our stallions to be removed from the website with no luck. My contract with this program back from 2009 states nothing about giving my permission for the stallions to remain on the website. Will be speaking to our lawyer this week. Seriously, what is wrong with people?
    Very unfortunate. I have lost count of how many people feel exactly the same as you do about Laura. She had a great idea and she is the one who is causing it to crash and burn due to her unwillingness to be reasonable. I wish this program would die so it stops all the negative talk. Its does reflect badly for us Arabian competitors.
    http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Daventry View Post
      I just want to say that after trying to deal with the Director/Founder, Laura Wood, regarding this program and her website the last two weeks, I have found her to be incredibly unethical and dishonest. I have asked REPEATEDLY that our stallions to be removed from the website with no luck. My contract with this program back from 2009 states nothing about giving my permission for the stallions to remain on the website. Will be speaking to our lawyer this week. Seriously, what is wrong with people?
      Contact her hosting company directly and file a complaint based on her using images she does not own, and she is collecting monies towards using those images.

Start the conversation with her hosting company (in this case, it's GoDaddy, I already did the research for you) and explain the situation. It's entirely possible they'll yank the website (especially if there are multiple complaints, hint hint)
      "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

Comment

• Bump. This is important information, albeit embarrassing to us Arabian folks.
        PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)]

Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique

Comment

• just a thought.... modify the thread title with "Update" or something to get more viewers...

Comment

• Original Poster

Good idea. I changed it to reflect the IRS change in status. Its such a bummer this program has to be so shady in its dealings - it really is a great idea.

Comment

• OMG!!

I wish I had read this thread back in 2013 when I purchased a breeding for my mare through SHN to Kadence. I have been dealing with Ms. Wood for 9 months now in an attempt to receive a refund, as the agreement was not fulfilled due to my mare passing away.

From everything that I have read, this program has been in disarray for years now and I still don't understand how it is in existence. All of the stallion owners should be contacted so that they may be able to pull their stallions from this disreputable organization.

Comment

• Well I am also being ignored by Laura Wood and waited about the same time as you for a refund. I have retained an attorney and just secured her physical address to have her served. Let me know if you would like the info.
                http://www.theconnectedrider.com/
                Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/connectedrider
                Follow us on Instagram:
                https://www.instagram.com/the_connected_rider/

Comment

• Originally posted by livinthelife07 View Post
                  I wish I had read this thread back in 2013 when I purchased a breeding for my mare through SHN to Kadence. I have been dealing with Ms. Wood for 9 months now in an attempt to receive a refund, as the agreement was not fulfilled due to my mare passing away.

From everything that I have read, this program has been in disarray for years now and I still don't understand how it is in existence. All of the stallion owners should be contacted so that they may be able to pull their stallions from this disreputable organization.
                  Originally posted by Arabiandressage View Post
                  Well I am also being ignored by Laura Wood and waited about the same time as you for a refund. I have retained an attorney and just secured her physical address to have her served. Let me know if you would like the info.

You might have better luck on the Arabian horse forums (arabianbreeders.net) or on the Arabian sport horse FaceBook groups.
                  PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)]

Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabiandressage View Post
                    Well I am also being ignored by Laura Wood and waited about the same time as you for a refund. I have retained an attorney and just secured her physical address to have her served. Let me know if you would like the info.
                    I am sorry you have had to endure such a dishonest program and a dishonest person. As a Stallion Owner, I have tried many time to get Ms. Wood to delete our stallions from her website and have been completely ignored. What is wrong with people? I guess she figures any publicity is good publicity. (where is the vomit emoticon?)
                    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
                    Home of Welsh Cob stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
                    Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness
                    www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• Original Poster

Can't believe this is still going on! I so wish this program would just die and be done with - [edit] Not sure how to warn people so this doesn't happen anymore. Arabianbreeders.net is pretty much over - not many people on that forum anymore. As for Facebook... Laura Wood has been blocked from the main Arabian sport horse page (Arabian Sport Horse Alliance). There really is no way to make her comply or respond. If you feel you have a valid case then sue her, I think that may get her attention.
                      Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 2, 2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• It is so amazing to me how many distortions and outright lies have come up in this thread. You guys just better hope that the object of those distortions doesn't sue you.
                        co-author of
                        Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry
                        www.duelforthecrown.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SportArab View Post
                          It is so amazing to me how many distortions and outright lies have come up in this thread. You guys just better hope that the object of those distortions doesn't sue you.
                          If that is the case, then why doesn't Laura Wood acknowledge my simple request to have our stallions REMOVED from her website? From my understanding, other Stallion Owners have also contacted her with the same request and our inquiries have been completely ignored.
                          www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• My understanding is that your stallions aren't listed in the section that has stallions currently offering discounted breedings, but rather in a section that lists stallions that participated in the past.
                            co-author of
                            www.duelforthecrown.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SportArab View Post
                              My understanding is that your stallions aren't listed in the section that has stallions currently offering discounted breedings, but rather in a section that lists stallions that participated in the past.
                              Yes, that is correct. And since none of our stallions had breedings through the program at any time in the past, there is no reason to keep them included on the list. We want NOTHING to do with the program and have asked repeatedly that our stallions be removed! So if the program and Ms. Laura Wood were honest and upstanding, there would be absolutely no reason not to comply with our request.
                              www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• That they were in the program at one time is simply a fact. To take them off the page would be a misrepresentation.
                                Last edited by SportArab; Apr. 27, 2015, 07:34 PM.
                                co-author of
                                www.duelforthecrown.com

Comment

• Original Poster

LOL, oh my... misrepresentation? really? Laura lives for misrepresentation so I doubt this is the reason for not removing a stallion per the OWNERS request.

If this program is so worried about "misrepresentation" then publish the financials for all the years this program has been operating. Sadly I really wish this program would just disappear - its become a black eye for the breed. The mismanagement since Peggy Ingles was forced out is truly what is bringing this program down.

Comment

• And who is making it a black eye for the breed? The small group of people who want to tear it down because of misplaced loyalty to one person. Since I know the back story as to why that person got booted [edit] I find it amazing that the four or five of you continue to try to destroy a program that helps support the Arab bred sport horse.

As as for my comment about misrepresentatio--that is my personal opinion as I do not speak for Payback.
                                    Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 2, 2015, 08:08 AM.
                                    co-author of
                                    www.duelforthecrown.com

Comment

• SportArab, there are many, many of us who agree with you. MANY. Many of us are rather well known in the Arab world and would prefer not to publicly get involved.

We are well aware of the financial mismanagement inflicted on the payback program by Peggy. Laura (and a few others who have since backed off for either fear of retribution or just plain exasperation) tried but have really failed because of 2 things-

1. Peggy & Cos amazingly effective online attack of their character. I have seen emails and messages and PMs that accuse Laura and a few others of pretty much everything from pillaging to slapping old ladies. It is literally that ridiculous and beyond the pale. It has put a huge black mark on the program. Many withdrew not because of support for Peggy & Co but because they simply want nothing to do with the mess.

2. Laura, while honest in her dealings (and there are many who have had dealings with her over many, many years), is not the best at communicating well. She is certainly not the right person to do repair PR for this program.

To Peggy, please do not assume silence is support for you. It is not. Many of us are well educated lawyers, professors, accountants, and business professionals. We know how to read laws, find filed 990s, and also how to figure out what happened. We know.

It may be best to let the payback program go away. Or, perhaps a fresh and more PR or customer service oriented face is needed to head it up.

Comment

• Original Poster

LOL - AlterWhoKnows - LOL

This your first post...really? Peggy has more than proven that she did nothing wrong. YOU (Laura) are the one that has not made the financials public.
                                        Look this program is full of so many things that are suspect because of the facts. Very late payouts, payouts issued from personal accounts, no communication when requested, really pissed off stallion owners, really pissed off mare owners... all of this is fact and all after Peggy was forced out. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• I'm not Laura. She's banned from the Alliance page. I'm not. That's how I know the last thing posted there was the AM Lord Elope picture posted at 8:38 am yesterday morning, with the 4th person liking it in the last 15 minutes. (PS, it's about 12:35 east coast time right now)

I won't waste time arguing semantics with you, besides, we get along so well IRL and on Facebook. The Donerweiss pictures were lovely, by the way. Just you know I am not Laura, and the others who thought this alter would be a good idea are not Laura either.

Comment

Working...
                                          X