• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

SHN Payback Participants - IRS Status has changed Update page 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laura wrote:
    If you look at our Charter in MD, it says in the seventh article that there are THREE directors.
    That article also says:
    “SEVENTH: The number of directors of the corporation shall be _three_ which number may be increased or decreased pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation. The name(s) of the director(s) who shall act until the first meeting or until their successors are duly chosen and qualified is/are _Margaret S. Ingles_.”

So, again – please provide a copy of the bylaws mentioned above and the BOD minutes from the first meeting mentioned above. Either the documents exist or they don’t. This isn’t a difficult thing to answer.

But, as long as you continue to pretend you don’t know that you’ve been asked to provide this documentation, I suspect the answer will continue to not come…as has been the case for over a month now.

Beth

Comment

This is turning into a 3 ring circus on two different forums. There is nobody in the AHA world who is going to believe that Peggy Ingles is a master mind of evil, a slippery manipulator of numbers b/c she has documented all her rebuttals.

I have no idea where Patience stands in this dispute - so far, she's been silent. One cannot defend a cause with faulty arguments or dead silence.

I know all the parties involved and I thought if Laura and Peggy could find common ground this battle could have been avoided - well,
      I was wrong - from where I stand, it's imploding. The instant the word COI comes into play - it's damn hard to shake that loose from people's thinking whether perceived or real. When COI was first mentioned on the ABH forum not ABN - I dismissed it - after all is said and done,
      the COI will be what sticks in everyone's mind ----- :-(

Comment

[QUOTE=ljshorses;4723828]Very well put Darlyn, right now it's all heresay and no one knows the "actual" truth. I know the program was run by Peggy for 2 years without issue so I am naturally going to wonder why now there is a problem. QUOTE]

No, Peggy did not run the program for two years. It was and is run by a BOD.
        The Inverted Y
        Thoroughbred and Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
        2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
        www.allanglos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Grataan View Post
          OH REALLY?

Are you not Laura J. Wood of Brooksville, FL, owner of the 2009 US National Champion HA/AA SHIH Stallion SIGNAL BEY?

http://issuu.com/arabianhorseworld/d...se_nat_results view page 1, class 7 (second column towards the bottom)
          That is NOT A PAYBACK CLASS! Which is just my point. If I wanted to have this program just to benefit me, it would been as that was my ONLY in-hand class, and it was only about the third time he has ever even shown in the class.
          The Inverted Y
          www.allanglos.net

Comment

• Original Poster

[QUOTE=allanglos;4724339]
            Originally posted by ljshorses View Post
            Very well put Darlyn, right now it's all heresay and no one knows the "actual" truth. I know the program was run by Peggy for 2 years without issue so I am naturally going to wonder why now there is a problem. QUOTE]

No, Peggy did not run the program for two years. It was and is run by a BOD.
            Show the proof of this BOD with minutes of the first meeting and adopting of BY LAWS. Its a simple request.
            http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
              I thought you said she resigned? So which is it, she was released, or she resigned?

WHAT BOD? The BOD was Peggy and Laura. So she voted herself off the island?

No possible way you are not following that dicsussion. I sure would be, even if it took 10 minutes to load a page, or I had to borrow someone's iphone, etc.

So it is with the MD registered non-profit?
              She did resign from all admin duties. She was released from the BOD.
              The BOD was not Peggy and myself. Is there some reason you refuse to accept that Peggy even sent out in a press release the Patience was a director of Payback?

I am not following that discussion, at all. You might have time to spend 30 minutes to load each page or more. I do not. That is why WE POSTED OUR EMAIL ADDRESS. So if anyone had any questions, they could easily ask us directly.

An iphone, are you kidding? They don't work in Kuwait.

The MD and FL organizations ARE THE SAME!
              The Inverted Y
              www.allanglos.net

Comment

Okay... So what happens to 2010 customers? What if I wanted to buy a breeding to support the program? Who's ligit and who's not?

What a mess.
                www.EquusMagnificus.ca
                Breeding & Sales
                Facebook | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by allanglos View Post
                  She did resign from all admin duties. She was released from the BOD.
                  Dates please.

Comment

The FL corporation has the same name as the MD corporation. It was started on Jan 3rd, a full week before I said I would be stepping down from day-to-day duties. Here is the copy of the Articles http://sunbiz.org/pdf/63751864.pdf

It is a completely separate entity. Call here and ask 850/245-6052.

The FL corporation does not have IRS non-profit status. The IRS has confirmed that the MD corporation's non-profit status can not be transferred to or shared by the FL corporation. Call them and ask: 877/829-5500.

I doubt seriously that the Secretary of State in MD would get involved if there wasn't a violation occurring here. They are busy people.

Peggy Ingles
                    pegasus44@verizon.net
                    410/823-5579

Comment

Okay, here's what confuses me.

Laura has set up an organization in Florida. Okay, fine, she's entitled.

The original organization, according to Peggy, has only two BOD members, herself and Laura. (I'm not interested in the press release Laura keeps bringing up; a press release is not meeting minutes or voting records.)

So... Peggy, how can you continue to run the MD organization when its BOD consists of only you and Laura, and you both need to agree before one can leave or anyone else can be added?

It's pretty clear to *me*, having read both threads, who's got a firm grip on reality, but I'm unclear on the above. (And grateful, suddenly, that none of my stallion's get have yet been shown to a qualifying level, so this is only an academic question for me.)
                      Originally posted by HuntrJumpr
                      No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Comment

ambar - I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking.

Comment

I'm asking, how can you, Peggy, continue to run the original MD organization, with just you and Laura on the BOD of that organization, if the two of you can't come to agreement on anything respecting the original organization?

You need to agree on bylaws if you're to have any, you need to agree on a third director if you're to have one, and I'm guessing neither of these is likely to happen soon (my sympathies), so how can the MD organization remain a going concern?
                          Originally posted by HuntrJumpr
                          No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Comment

OK, I am not finished reviewing some things, but did Laura really say that the email for payback should go to all "directors", and that all should be able to respond? What kind of paranoid, non-professional system is this?!?!

Oh, my, that is just scary! Could anyone actually think that could work?

Comment

Here is the vote from Patience. We had already noted Peggy's vote to remain on the BOD. We had also discussed the situation on the phone.

BODMonday, February 1, 2010 7:53 PM
                              From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "Patience Prine Carr" <Patience4444@cruzio.com>

> I would like confirmation from you, via email, that Peggy is voted out of the BOD
                              > I would like your vote on including Nicole on the BOD.
                              > Thanks.
                              > Laura

> Subject: Re: BOD
                              > To: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>
                              > Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:10 PM

I
                              > tried to find the post the she did on ABN about how she was
                              > resigning but couldn't find it.She now says she isn't resigning
                              > only not being the treasurer but still on the BOD -but if you can
                              > find her post it basically says that she is resigning from
                              > everything until you can find someone else. Nicole sounds great
                              > and has done a wonderful job on the website-it is much quicker now!
                              > Patience

Re: BODMonday, February 1, 2010 8:29 PM
                              From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>
                              laura wood wrote:
                              Is that a "yes"? I don't want to make a mistake and assume.

Monday, February 1, 2010 8:37 PM
                              From: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>View contact detailsTo: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>Yes I will vote yes. Every time she sends me an email it has an attachment that wants notification that I received the email and then when i forward it on it has another attachment saying something strange that the email contains some sort of other encrodement.????
                              The Inverted Y
                              www.allanglos.net

Comment

I wonder that myself. Laura has not, for some time, responded to my emails.

I have no problem finishing this year in a professional manner - I don't have to like her or her methods - but there must be communication. It takes a reasonable person to be able to reason with, but, as you can see, we don't have that here.

I have been trying and trying to get her to agree to a 5 person BOD. She doesn't want that because "no one will ever agree on anything."

A totally new corporation would have to be started in the future for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
                                  OK, I am not finished reviewing some things, but did Laura really say that the email for payback should go to all "directors", and that all should be able to respond? What kind of paranoid, non-professional system is this?!?!

Oh, my, that is just scary! Could anyone actually think that could work?
                                  It works just fine. This way everyone is up to date on all activities of Payback and everyone can pick up a duty if someone else is unable to. We are all equally prepared to continue the duties to keep Payback running. Before, if Peggy got ill or something else should have happened, we would be dead in the water as no one had any visibility on the day to day activities.
                                  The Inverted Y
                                  www.allanglos.net

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by allanglos View Post
                                    Here is the vote from Patience. We had already noted Peggy's vote to remain on the BOD. We had also discussed the situation on the phone.

BODMonday, February 1, 2010 7:53 PM
                                    From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "Patience Prine Carr" <Patience4444@cruzio.com>

> I would like confirmation from you, via email, that Peggy is voted out of the BOD
                                    > I would like your vote on including Nicole on the BOD.
                                    > Thanks.
                                    > Laura

> Subject: Re: BOD
                                    > To: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>
                                    > Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:10 PM

I
                                    > tried to find the post the she did on ABN about how she was
                                    > resigning but couldn't find it.She now says she isn't resigning
                                    > only not being the treasurer but still on the BOD -but if you can
                                    > find her post it basically says that she is resigning from
                                    > everything until you can find someone else. Nicole sounds great
                                    > and has done a wonderful job on the website-it is much quicker now!
                                    > Patience

Re: BODMonday, February 1, 2010 8:29 PM
                                    From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>
                                    laura wood wrote:
                                    Is that a "yes"? I don't want to make a mistake and assume.

Monday, February 1, 2010 8:37 PM
                                    From: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>View contact detailsTo: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>Yes I will vote yes. Every time she sends me an email it has an attachment that wants notification that I received the email and then when i forward it on it has another attachment saying something strange that the email contains some sort of other encrodement.????
                                    Show us where Patience was voted in as a BOD. And would you please actually answer the questions that have been directed to you with valid answers showing the proof behind them. All this skirting around the issue just muddies up the waters.
                                    http://www.tamarawiththecamera.com

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus44 View Post
                                      I wonder that myself. Laura has not, for some time, responded to my emails.

I have no problem finishing this year in a professional manner - I don't have to like her or her methods - but there must be communication. It takes a reasonable person to be able to reason with, but, as you can see, we don't have that here.

I have been trying and trying to get her to agree to a 5 person BOD. She doesn't want that because "no one will ever agree on anything."

A totally new corporation would have to be started in the future for sure.
                                      Peggy, you and I both KNOW that WE discussed the best way to have the BOD, and WE decided on three people and WE decided on the third being Patience, and WE then submitted for the Charter with three. Why you put only your name down on the charter as a director is a mystery to me. You knew at the time there were three and who they were. If this charter is your arguement for Patience not being on the BOD, then I am not on it either as I am not listed on the charter, which was submitted AFTER we had our Board of Directors. So, which is it, three or just you? Because according to the charter, your statements that it was just two of us on the BOD is false if this charter is your proof.
                                      The Inverted Y
                                      www.allanglos.net

Comment

Maryland Code Title 2, Subtitle 4, Subsection 2-404 ELECTION AND TENURE OF DIRECTORS

(a) Initial directors.- Until successors are elected and qualify, the board of directors consists of the individuals named as directors in the charter.

Maryland Code Title 2, Subtitle 4, Subsection 2-409 MEETINGS OF DIRECTORS
                                        (a) Place of meeting; remote communication.- Unless the bylaws of the corporation provide otherwise, a regular or special meeting of the board of directors may be held at any place in or out of the State or by means of remote communication.

(b) Notice of meeting.-

(1) Notice of each meeting of the board of directors shall be given as provided in the bylaws.

(2) Unless the bylaws provide otherwise, the notice:

(i) Shall be in writing or delivered by electronic transmission; and

(ii) Need not state the business to be transacted at or the purpose of any regular or special meeting of the board of directors.

And, as we all know, there are no by-laws nor was there an election.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                                          Show us where Patience was voted in as a BOD. And would you please actually answer the questions that have been directed to you with valid answers showing the proof behind them. All this skirting around the issue just muddies up the waters.
                                          Hey, you asked for proof that Patience voted and that it wasn't just me removing Peggy. What else do you want?
                                          The Inverted Y
                                          www.allanglos.net

Comment

Working...
                                          X