Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100 Name That Foal Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrissymack
    started a topic $100 Name That Foal Contest

$100 Name That Foal Contest

It's that time of year again! Pinehurst is holding its annual

Name That Foal contest!

The selected show name will be announced after the foal is born, and the winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to Pinehurst Saddlery!

To enter the contest, fill out the entry form on the "Current Breeding" page of the Pinehurst Stables website with your suggested show names for the upcoming foal.

ONLY entries made using the Official Entry Form on the Pinehurst site will be counted.

The website will be updated regularly reflecting the names submitted. Repeat names will not be counted.

Be creative! You may enter as many times as you would like!

Good luck!

• alliekat
    replied
    Love that name!!
    Congrats to Jenny

Leave a comment:

• chrissymack
    replied
    After an easy foaling on day 341 this past Tuesday morning, and the resulting beautiful, BIG bay colt, we have spent much time reviewing the many great name suggestions for Pinehurst's Name That Foal Contest.

After much deliberation, the winning name was announced today: Pinehurst's Prodigy

Congratulations to Jenny Moore of Canton, NY, who will recieve $100 to Pinehurst Saddlery for her winning name suggestion!

A big thank you to all who entered!

Leave a comment:

• chrissymack
    replied
    Seems great!

Day 327 (i think?) now; we took her off regumate on day 325; milk thickened slightly since but we haven't backtracked to showing up on the calcium and pH tests. Blood tests were all normal, so we'll hope whatever scare we had around 283 was nothing.

...I still think she may go a little earlier this year. She's ENORMOUS!!! With huge edema, too. Seems to be starting to get a little more uncomfortable, and a little more apathetic/subdoed in her stall. (she's good at those "i need another handful of hay or treats or rubs" looks) Poor thing. She hardly fits through the stall door!!

NOW, if I could somehow figure out a way to make our mare stare cameras work Fix one problem, causes another. Always something!!

Leave a comment:

• Fairview Horse Center
    replied
    Glad to hear your girl is still doing ok!

Leave a comment:

• chrissymack
    replied
    There have been some fantastic names already- so keep the entries flowing in!

All submissions must be in PRIOR to foaling. We're at day 326...the countdown is on!!!
    Last edited by chrissymack; May. 5, 2009, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• khailee
    replied
    That's a really good idea for a contest!

Leave a comment:

• chrissymack
    replied
    It doesn't auto-update, so most likely you will see your suggestions on the next upload...I try to update every night when I get the chance.

The DEFINITE no names don't go on the list, but if there's even a slight chance of considering it, we put them on there!

Leave a comment:

• SpringOakFarm
    replied
    Well, the form worked for me - but I don't see my names on the list...so maybe they were already rejected or maybe it didn't work.

I dunno...

Leave a comment:

• VTHokie
    replied
    It looks like my names made it on the list, so I guess the error message didn't make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• chrissymack
    replied
    Hmmm...maybe just try again??

Our inbox has been flooded with submissions already, so it seems to be working. I ran a test, and it went through OK. Perhaps it won't allow 2 to be sent at once, or the server was too busy when you tried.

Leave a comment:

• SpringOakFarm
    replied
    Here are my submissions - given that it starts with the farm name Pinehurst's...I like "P" words for the second part:

Parishioner, Pension, Playwright, Preconception, Perogative, Palfrey, Pardoner, Parfay, Pendulum, Pinafore, Privity, Propinquity

and my favorite is Perseity which means independent existance...

I was able to fill out the form and submit my names with no problems.

Leave a comment:

• eyesontheground
    replied
    Ditto...

And now I have lost all of my super cool ideas

Leave a comment:

• VTHokie
    replied
    When I type in the info. and click submit, I get an error message from Yahoo that says the page does not exist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X