• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Danish Warmblood mare, won her AHS MPT...questions/who would you breed to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dazed, I sent you a PM.
    Mary Lou
    http://www.homeagainfarm.com

https://www.facebook.com/HomeAgainFarmHanoverians

Member OMGiH I loff my mares clique

Comment

I don't have a better suggestion than to say I agree with a leggier, modern stallion, but I was posting to say LUCKY YOU. I like her. If you breed her in the future you will have to repost pictures/video with the foal.
      DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Original Poster

I must say I'm a little shocked at the response on this mare. I guess she is as nice as she and I think she is I was totally expecting ya'll to tear her apart.

Really appreciate all of your responses. If I go through with it there will definitely be photos to be had

Comment

tried to send you a PM, but full

Benidetto is also a great jumper!
          Linda Woltz
          www.walnut-farm.com
          standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

Comment

• Original Poster

Oops, I just saw your post Linda...I will clear out my PM box for yours! Sorry about that.

My reason for bumping this up is Connaisseur. Wondering what people would think of him for this mare. He looks long legged and a little blooded, and with that pedigree wouldn't get rid of the jump either I suspect. Not approved Hano though. I wonder what my registration options would be - anyone know?

Comment

Take a look at Lemony's Nicket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6_9ccOqKw

http://www.hanoverian-stallions-pape...-s-nicket.html

The Lauries Crusador in the bloodline is very prepotent for keeping a more refined (not too heavy) type.

Dan
              www.dmwarmbloods.com
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/DM-War...3105523?ref=hl

Comment

I like the idea of Furstenball. I have seen him close up and schooling and he is just breathtaking and of a medium build/frame. Overall very pretty and elegant and looks to be a very talented dressage horse.

Floriscount is another I would look at for that mare if you are thinking F line.

Jazz is a good idea too if you are breeding more for top sport and if her temperament will fit?
                www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Comment

You did not post the pedigree details, but if I am correct this is really a Hann bred horse, although bred in Denmark (which is not uncommon for the Danes). Weltmeyer, Wenzel and Absatz seem to be behind the sires. Definitely a nice mare for Hann dressage breeding. Stick with the Hanns, as they are 100 times more popular in this country and the pedigree is a Hann pedigree. And for me I think you need to think taller and staying elegant. Move her a bit more to the modern sporthorse side with complimentary bloodlines. Were it me, I would solicit the opinions from the German Han Verband as to a match. Perhaps get in touch with someone from Celle. They have far more knowledge about these lines and what works well on top of them than many of the posters on this site. They will see a possible future with consideration to where it has come from. Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders. You have time, do your research--this mare is well worth owning and having in any Han breeding program. Good Luck
                  Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Take a look at Lemony's Nicket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x6_9ccOqKw

http://www.hanoverian-stallions-pape...-s-nicket.html

The Lauries Crusador in the bloodline is very prepotent for keeping a more refined (not too heavy) type.

Dan
                    Hmm, interesting thought. Not sure I want to do more Weltmeyer that close up. I do like the Holsteiner on the bottom side. After watching the video I feel like he is a little long and hard to compress, which would make him not the best match for this mare.

Originally posted by Donella View Post
                    I like the idea of Furstenball. I have seen him close up and schooling and he is just breathtaking and of a medium build/frame. Overall very pretty and elegant and looks to be a very talented dressage horse.

Floriscount is another I would look at for that mare if you are thinking F line.

Jazz is a good idea too if you are breeding more for top sport and if her temperament will fit?
                    Furstenball is lovely. Anyone here have babies by him? As is Floriscount, what a canter on him.

I don't think the Jazz temperament would suit this mare. While I don't have any aspirations of either a) riding this foal myself, or b) breeding for a lower level/amateur horse, I think the resulting foal would not be particularly easy...

Originally posted by feather river View Post
                    You did not post the pedigree details, but if I am correct this is really a Hann bred horse, although bred in Denmark (which is not uncommon for the Danes). Weltmeyer, Wenzel and Absatz seem to be behind the sires. Definitely a nice mare for Hann dressage breeding. Stick with the Hanns, as they are 100 times more popular in this country and the pedigree is a Hann pedigree. And for me I think you need to think taller and staying elegant. Move her a bit more to the modern sporthorse side with complimentary bloodlines. Were it me, I would solicit the opinions from the German Han Verband as to a match. Perhaps get in touch with someone from Celle. They have far more knowledge about these lines and what works well on top of them than many of the posters on this site. They will see a possible future with consideration to where it has come from. Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders. You have time, do your research--this mare is well worth owning and having in any Han breeding program. Good Luck
                    She is Windfall CB x Victory x Allegro. I'll be in touch with the Verband/Celle at some point, great suggestion. She's not mine, I'd only be leasing her, but I think she's pretty worthwhile too

Thanks again for all your time/suggestions all.

Comment

Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders.

What do you expect, for us to put hours of research into the breeding of a stranger's mare? Most of us just help to do a quick brainstorm to help put ideas out there, to help get the ball rolling. It's not typical American, it's typical any breeder out there posting on a public breeding forum. Go to the Horse Gate German forum, it's no different. If you think everyone here is completely clueless and useless then don't ask for advice. Clearly the OP knows otherwise.
                      www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Comment

• Original Poster

Whereas many posters here are just looking at the mare at this spot in time--typical for American breeders.

What do you expect, for us to put hours of research into the breeding of a stranger's mare? Most of us just help to do a quick brainstorm to help put ideas out there, to help get the ball rolling. It's not typical American, it's typical any breeder out there posting on a public breeding forum. Go to the Horse Gate German forum, it's no different. If you think everyone here is completely clueless and useless then don't ask for advice. Clearly the OP knows otherwise.
                        Precisely. Just rolling around some ideas. I can't picture breeding this mare before 2014 or even 2015, no harm in getting some ideas from others who have had babies by some of the stallions suggested or similarly bred mares. I also work with a talented young trainer who has had some good ideas for her as well (and will be able to help me assess potential stallions and the resulting foal should I go through with it). It's pretty easy to see whether the people suggesting various stallions know what they're doing or not - just need to look at what their foals look like and what they've done. Not difficult

Comment

Dan I would be careful with Lemony's Nicket. You have to be pre approved in order to purchase semen. One of my mares was approved last year and at the last minute was told that the semen was no good and that I could purchase some this year. Well this year I initially thought I could purchase his semen. I was told that I couldn't use Lemony's Nicket because my mare is too old? She only aged one year since last year? I was going to use a different stallion , maybe even two, and then was told recently that no semen would be available from the stallion or stallions. Wasted tons of time and energy let alone rejection! I am going to use Dante Weltino and as the others here quite excited about him. I believe that things happen for a reason so hopefully I will get a stellar foal next Spring. Here is a pic of her 2012 colt by Hofrat. Hofrat might be one to be considered also. Used one dose so his semen is good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	9135681Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	9135682
                          It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
                          ? Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoonfarms View Post
                            Dan I would be careful with Lemony's Nicket. You have to be pre approved in order to purchase semen. One of my mares was approved last year and at the last minute was told that the semen was no good and that I could purchase some this year. Well this year I initially thought I could purchase his semen. I was told that I couldn't use Lemony's Nicket because my mare is too old? She only aged one year since last year? I was going to use a different stallion , maybe even two, and then was told recently that no semen would be available from the stallion or stallions. Wasted tons of time and energy let alone rejection! I am going to use Dante Weltino and as the others here quite excited about him. I believe that things happen for a reason so hopefully I will get a stellar foal next Spring. Here is a pic of her 2012 colt by Hofrat. Hofrat might be one to be considered also. Used one dose so his semen is good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37710[/ATTACH]
                            Bluemoonfarms, sorry the Lemony's Nicket did not work out. Approved should have meant approved forever, the genetic's did not change.

I look forward to seeing a Dante Weltino foal at a future inspection.

Dan
                            Last edited by Dan; Mar. 10, 2013, 02:39 PM.
                            www.dmwarmbloods.com
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/DM-War...3105523?ref=hl

Comment

wow, someone needs more fiber in their diet. I think you have proven my point.
                              Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments

Comment

Working...
                              X