• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Have you made breeding decisions for 2013??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than a few stallions being discussed on this thread are being offered in the AHHA Stallion Service Auction. You don't have to be a Holsteiner breeder to participate.

Auction runs through February 15th

Wbstallions.net/AHHA_auction/index.php

If I mistyped the address you can also get to the auction via the AHHA homepage at www.holsteiner.com
    www.octoberhill.com

Jumpers Are Our Business.

Comment

• Starting to make some plans. But there is still lots of time to change my mind!

Quinar to the Kannan/Losander/Caletto II mare,
      DiQuattro DSF (Diarado/Quattro/Pilot) to the Namelus R/Polydox/Joost mare
      ??? to the Goodtimes/Calvados/G. Ramiro Z daughter.
      Rebreed to Parco or Zavall (depending on this years foal), Catoki or Crelido? Too many choices.
      Tracy Geller
      www.sixpoundfarm.com
      Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Was there any known success with frozen semen of Nabab de rêve in NA?
        Suzanne
        bloomingtonfarm.com
        Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

Comment

• Rascalino! So excited :-)
          Y'all ain't right!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloomingtonfarm View Post
            Was there any known success with frozen semen of Nabab de rêve in NA?
            Not that I'm aware of and I know a few who tried it multiple times with very experienced vets.
            "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Comment

• Originally posted by Molly Malone View Post
              So I did buy another mare............. lol

and am telling myself I will ride her next year and then think about breeding her.

As Kathy St Martin said "and which 12 step program did you attend?"

So much for riding this year. Almost inevitably one feels, I've just written the check for the stud fee lmfao

Prada (Abdullah PgE*/Carino E*/Habicht) will be going to Halimey Go.
              www.juniperridgeranch.us
              Visit us on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by MCarverS View Post
                After reading the 5 previous pages of crosses from COTHers I am wowed. Each year the crosses that COTHers are breeding get better and better!

As breeding season approaches, our short list includes:

The "Knowns"
                • Julia du Brio (Diamant Rouge II x Kapoc) Peter Leone's former FEI GP mare to Olympic Ahorn

• Kasierin (Kaiser de la Cour x Lantaan) the dam of the Top Jumper foal at the FL KWPN-NA Inspection to Escudo I

• Czola (Alla 'Czar x Chica's Prince) the dam of the KWPN Top Hunter foal in NA for 2012 to Rollando II

• Stamroos W (Heartbreaker x Ramiro) to Vegas (Voltaire x Joost)

The "Know-Nots"
                • Ana Bella (Condios x Ekstein) Monica's former 1.20m jumper. Perhaps Catoki, Quasimodo van de Molendreef or Olympic Ahorn. For Ana, we are looking for something that will add size and power, while keeping some refinement in type.

• Ultra-niki (Calvados x Ulysses m2s) Dam of the Leading Yearling going into the Young Horse Show series 2012 Finals.

. For Niki, we are looking for a refining stallion with blood and good rideability.

Here is a link to video of my 2012 Catoki colt's Inspection.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IozkCYCTypY

I have bred 3 full siblings and really love Catoki. I sold him and his sister in foal to the Celle Stallion Valentino (Now or Never). EM Cela slipped a Quite Easy foal at about 8 months. I can only think of one other year that I did not have any foals. :0( The good news is

EM Donata. Donnerhall/Quasi Roi. To Dante Weltino. ET
                De Luxe. Dirano/Derwisch. To Fabriano
                EM Cela Contender/Sao Paulo. To ?? Or leave open?

Good luck to all with your breedings and foals. 🍀💎
                It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
                ? Marilyn Monroe

Comment

• I have a breeding to any one of Dreamscape Farms horses and decided to breed my mare Keepsake (Fidertanz/Schampus) to Sir Gregory. My other mare Roanne TWF (Rosenthal/Stedinger) I'm leaning toward Don Frederic or Zonik. Both are maidens so plans could change after seeing their first foals in March.

Comment

• Well There's lot of very exciting crosses to be expected this season!

On our side, we finally decided.

We don't feel courageous enough so far to do an E.T. so we decided to go with San Amour for SPS Destemona (De Niro/Gernegross xx), who is in foal right now of her 2nd Fidertanz foal.

Then our new mare Donna Magica (Dormello/Manstein) will go to Floriscount. For a red head with strong gaits :P

Finally, no custom foal secured yet for Serenti (CW by Geronimo II /Poprad (Trak)), so we decided on Diamond Stud for her.

And this is it for 2013 breedings at our farm.
                    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
                    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

Comment

• I'm only breeding one this year and have decided on Lordanos for Viv (Cardento/Calando I/Landjunker) stamm 776.
                      "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Comment

• I am breeding 5 this year and have decided on:

Leilani (Londonderry/Evergreen) to Fuerst Romancier
                        Winterwick (Rhodium/Don Primaire) to Connaisseur
                        Roxsand VA (Rosentau/Weltmeyer) to Sir Donnerhall II
                        Clair de Lune (Bernstein/Asterix) to Freestyle
                        Fawn (Freestyle/Mascaro GF) to Bon Balou
                        Cindy's Warmbloods
                        www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
                        www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

Comment

• Our breeding decisions have been finalized:

Rio's Lucia (Rio Grande/Continue) - Custom Foal to Peter Pan
                          De La Luna (Drosselklang x Don Juan) - Custom Foal to Weltmeyer
                          Lana (Landor S x Graphit) - Custom Foal to Arezzo VDL
                          Past Reflections (P.S Pamiro x Tamarack II) - If not booked for a custom foal will be bred to Banderas.

Can't wait to get things underway!
                          Specializing in Custom Warmblood Foals - www.premiumwarmbloods.com

Visit Our Facebook Page!

Comment

• I'll be breeding SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut) to Sir Gregory. I'm super psyched about this cross, since my first goal with this mare is to essentially try to clone her, so linebreeding to Donnerhall seems the next best thing! Also, I adore my 2011 Sir Gregory filly and would love love love another. Now, getting the mare to settle may be another story...
                            Kendra -- Runningwater Warmbloods
                            Home of EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) and Donatella M (Furstenball/ Jazz Time)
                            'Like' us on Facebook

Comment

• I'm planning on breeding Daniella MO (Dauphin x Sandrina/Sao Paulo) to Furst Piccolo. I'm already holding my breath and crossing my fingers.
                              Mystic Owl Sporthorses
                              www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Comment

• I have my old D-line Hanoverian mare newly in foal to Samarant (Sandro Hit x Brentano II). She's had a fabulous a Sandreo colt in the past so I hope this will be a similarly lovely match.

I have my event-bred TB mare due in late October 2013 to one of Gwen Gregorio's cremello Oldenburgs, Ikarus GF. It's guaranteed to be palomino - my very first!

I have left my other two mares empty this year.

Comment

• We are planning to breed three

1. Sparrow's Tiptoes http://www.fadetogreyfarm.com/mares/sparrows_tiptoes

to Flexible.

2. Sassy Sister http://www.fadetogreyfarm.com/mares/sassy_sister

to Artrageous

3. No Regrets http://www.fadetogreyfarm.com/mares/no_regrets

to Artrageous
                                  Fade to Grey Farm
                                  Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
                                  *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com

Comment

• My breeding decision for 2013:

Flower ( Nabab de rêve out of Harmonie by Calvados) will have two dates, an ET with Catoki and will carry with Capone I

Anime ( Indoctro / Emilion) also to Capone I

Our wonderful Prelude ( Calvados / Voltaire ) back to her unsuccessful date of last year Candillo Junior

Zalanta (Flemmingh / Goodtime) back to Rousseau to try another Dragon Bloom

Wagrusa H ( Silverstone / Le Val Blanc xx) we still have a breeding to Clinton and will try again but we should have a back up, undecided yet.

No decision as of yet for Feather Bloom ( Mr Blue / Calvados)

Now this our decisions ....hoping that everything will fall in place and the fertility gods will bless our plan as we have been quite unlucky in the past two years.
                                    Suzanne
                                    bloomingtonfarm.com
                                    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

Comment

• Adding our new Argentinus x Grenoble mare to the Three Wishes line up- she will be honeymooning with Last Mans Hope !
                                      www.threewishesfarm.com
                                      https://www.facebook.com/ThreeWishesFarm
                                      Expecting 2017 foals by Vagabond de la Pomme, Cornet Obolensky, Zirocco Blue, Catoki and Christian.

Comment

• Rubinstein mare to Don Frederic
                                        Fresh, Frozen & ISO Warmblood Breedings FB Group

Comment

• Ooooh, Back in the saddle, I'd like to see the result of that cross. Lovely.

Comment

Working...
                                          X