• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Holsteiner Verband Korung stallions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by Noms View Post
    This is sad when Wendy's post celebrating a great breeding success, spirals into a banter from the unknowledgeable Holsteiner nay sayers.

    Wendy accomplished this very great thing with Bayhawks inputs, he gave her the advice that if you would only listen to, maybe you could learn from.

    The Holstein breeders have a recipe for breeding, that has taken, how long, to develop, it works.

    Why continue to argue the point. I was going to respond to your original post but ,poof you edited before I got a chance to quote.
    We have to have a little clarity here. Wendy bred this stallion all by herself with no input from me.

    My input came when buying the mother. We discussed the mother and watched her first foal get approved as a Stallion by Clinton. Wendy stated she would like to have a filly from this mare ,and I made that happen. The breeder was a friend of mine so I arranged for Wendy to purchase the Coriano filly. She then did all the breeding herself.

    Comment


    • #82
      Originally posted by Bayhawk View Post
      We have to have a little clarity here. Wendy bred this stallion all by herself with no input from me.

      My input came when buying the mother. We discussed the mother and watched her first foal get approved as a Stallion by Clinton. Wendy stated she would like to have a filly from this mare ,and I made that happen. The breeder was a friend of mine so I arranged for Wendy to purchase the Coriano filly. She then did all the breeding herself.
      Got it, did not mean to take away from Wendy, your input was the mother. A big contribution.

      Comment


      • #83
        Originally posted by Noms View Post
        Got it, did not mean to take away from Wendy, your input was the mother. A big contribution.
        Thanks , it's a really good mare.

        I know her Contender mother as well as her Laval I grandmother.......top line of mares !

        With Coriano dead and Contender out of service , I hope this will give Wendy an edge even if it's needed. I have seen this beautiful Calido since he was born and even today , the Germans are raving about his type. He has enormous presence and beauty. Kudos to Wendy !

        Comment


        • #84
          Originally posted by omare View Post
          "If you have a mare who is 50% outcross with few or no duplicates to existing lines, the available sire pool would be far more than 20%, wouldn't it?"

          I guess my awkward point was that outcrossed mare will be presented to a C line stalllion and have a F1 with a C sire line.

          But it seems it is known how to mix and match the c lines.

          it certainly points out why one must think generationally in order (among other things) not to paint oneself into a genetic corner with your mare line.
          You just need to be aware of the possible genetic box. Look at my mares I listed above. No genetic box in problems whatsoever.

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by Bayhawk View Post
            Yes we do agree then. I understood you were saying there was too much C blood ? There is no such thing in my opinion.

            yes ,they must gap it with A , R , L etc. and then they can go right back to it.

            Diarado is showing up in his daughters. I think he had more on the elite mare show than any other sire. They had top rideability. I haven't been impressed with the sons anywhere in Europe thus far.
            He may turn out to be like Ramiro or Farn who were known in their time as producers of dams of jumping horses rather than known as stallion makers (not to say that they did not have some notable sons, just that there prominence in the breed during their times was in producing strong daughters who carried excellent genetics). I think Diarado's strong suit is his mother's side--now there is your 2 C lines on top of L and a double R. I am sure you would understand more about the mare Roxette than I do, but to me that is a powerful genetic pool.

            For me, when evaluating a stallion as a potential sire for breeding to one of my mares, I always look heavily at his dam's side, and at the dam's side of his sire.
            Discipline is the Bridge between Dreams and Accomplishments

            Comment


            • #86
              Originally posted by Bayhawk View Post
              Yes we do agree then. I understood you were saying there was too much C blood ? There is no such thing in my opinion.

              yes ,they must gap it with A , R , L etc. and then they can go right back to it.

              Diarado is showing up in his daughters. I think he had more on the elite mare show than any other sire. They had top rideability. I haven't been impressed with the sons anywhere in Europe thus far.
              Looking at the first few foal crops, he seems to be producing a very nice type for the hunters.

              Comment


              • #87
                Originally posted by Noms View Post
                Looking at the first few foal crops, he seems to be producing a very nice type for the hunters.
                You know I can't speak to that NOMS.......not my thing but I have seen some really nice Diarado's , but I'm still not convinced. This is why I don't own one nor have bred a mare to him.......YET.

                He was so hyped up and sold for a ton of money and he got lots of mares but I am very aware of his motherline. While it is very,very good....it is also difficult to breed with.

                I prefer to let them do the homework first. In the meantime ,the by-products may be very good for our hunter markets as the things that I don't like about him , seem to attract you. We'll see.

                Comment


                • #88
                  Originally posted by feather river View Post
                  He may turn out to be like Ramiro or Farn who were known in their time as producers of dams of jumping horses rather than known as stallion makers (not to say that they did not have some notable sons, just that there prominence in the breed during their times was in producing strong daughters who carried excellent genetics). I think Diarado's strong suit is his mother's side--now there is your 2 C lines on top of L and a double R. I am sure you would understand more about the mare Roxette than I do, but to me that is a powerful genetic pool.

                  For me, when evaluating a stallion as a potential sire for breeding to one of my mares, I always look heavily at his dam's side, and at the dam's side of his sire.
                  Yep , he may well in fact be a mare producer. All the other stallions from this stamm are. Coriano , Corofino etc. Too early to tell yet but according to the elite mare ring this year it's kinda looking like it.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Originally posted by Bayhawk View Post
                    You know I can't speak to that NOMS.......not my thing but I have seen some really nice Diarado's , but I'm still not convinced. This is why I don't own one nor have bred a mare to him.......YET.

                    He was so hyped up and sold for a ton of money and he got lots of mares but I am very aware of his motherline. While it is very,very good....it is also difficult to breed with.

                    I prefer to let them do the homework first. In the meantime ,the by-products may be very good for our hunter markets as the things that I don't like about him , seem to attract you. We'll see.
                    Haha, I like him very much, however there are a couple of things that stick out as not so good to me as well, but are probably ok for the hunters where the jumps are not that high .

                    Are you waiting to see if they figure out the right mare to take him to?

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      Originally posted by Noms View Post
                      Haha, I like him very much, however there are a couple of things that stick out as not so good to me as well, but are probably ok for the hunters where the jumps are not that high .

                      Are you waiting to see if they figure out the right mare to take him to?
                      Yeah , those in Holstein or familiar with Holstein knew what kind of mare to take him to before he ever bred the first one . Coriano , Corofino , Camiros.....all the same.

                      The rest of Europe should try to ascertain this.

                      Those top mares in Holstein on the elite mare show were from his first foal crop. They knew how to use him right off the bat.

                      I'm waiting for the sons to show up that jump similar to the way he does. Until this happens , I don't think I'm interested.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X