• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Doing business with JILL BURNELL? BEWARE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do hope potential buyers of in utero foals or youngsters understand that it's not just the health and condition of the foal or youngster when you buy them it's the nutrition the MARE received during the pregnancy. This affects not only what the outside of the youngster looks like but definitely affects the inside of that youngster for the rest of their life.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
      I should have been more clear about that site. The regular ads are still there, but the homepage ads that she's had for a very long time are no longer running there.
      Gotcha. I had no idea as I don't check that site regularly.

Comment

• If she was smart, she'd sell her stallions now for a good amount of money, and get out. Stallions rep would be saved, and she wouldn't be walking the walk of shame any more.

It's too late now to stem this tide of condemnation, that by now obviously has spread like wildfire in the h/j community.

But I am sure she will keep marching on. Pretty hard to downplay something like this, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwill View Post
          If she was smart, she'd sell her stallions now for a good amount of money, and get out. Stallions rep would be saved, and she wouldn't be walking the walk of shame any more.

It's too late now to stem this tide of condemnation, that by now obviously has spread like wildfire in the h/j community.

But I am sure she will keep marching on. Pretty hard to downplay something like this, though.
          If she were smart she wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Crime doesn't pay in the long run but that doesn't stop the stupid criminals from trying it anyway. Hopefully there is a cold jail cell in her future. Go ahead, run that stop sign....
          McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Originally posted by DownYonder View Post
            When she talked to her trainer about it, he told her to breed to "that Redwine stallion" so she would get a "black, blingy foal".
            By all means, don't breed for jumping ability.

Comment

• Copy from the Romantic Star ad: He has fantastic conformation, a sterling temperment and a stunning jump. He's currently showing on the east coast in the hunters. He's approved Hanoverian, GOV, Rpsi and Oldenburg NA. He is IHF nominated and in the Hanoverian Jumper program.

I assume the bolded is a lie. Does anyone know for sure? I can't imagine anybody taking one of her horses on after she screwed the biggest names in the industry.
              McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
                Wouldn't buy direct from Jill, regardless, but you can bet I wouldn't buy any horse produced from that mess unless I knew for sure it was who it was supposed to be!
                Interesting that you mention this, because a friend at the barn was telling me last week about a young Redwine mare for sale by owner, who's show record is completely mistated on the ads. They say in a couple of ads that the mare won a big hunter breeding championship, but actually it didn't. USEF results prove that another horse won it instead.

Comment

• Our FIRST clue should have been that Jill constantly spells temperament incorrectly.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
                  \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Comment

• I just have to ask not to lump everyone on Facebook who happen to be "friends" with others apparently not trusted together. That's not fair, especially when some of us have given our activities in order to focus on young children.

As for the previously mentioned mare? I've wanted her AS A RIDING HORSE (arena determined by her, and her alone) for a number of years. Again, lumping all who may, or may not have "contact" and are interested in that mare is not fair.

The fact remains I would not breed to GFF stallions, and I would be extremely reticent to buy an animal with GFF stallion bloodlines because I simply would not know what I was actually receiving. Among other things. Too bad since at least two stallions are (could be) rather nice, but the risk is simply not worth it (nor is the hit to the pocketbook...which is firmly locked up until a much later date in the future).
                    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Comment

• Kenike,,,are you referring to Emerald Kitty or the other mare in California?. If you are referring to Emerald Kitty, we put her back under saddle, correctly this time, today. She was impressive.
                      My problem with those that have contacted me about this mare,,,other then Stacey and Jill,,,no one else has given me their real name or a phone number.When I try to find out who they are, they are all friends with Jill and or Stacey or using an internet handle. Tough to take people seriously, when they say they want a horse in your barn and they provide no contact information or names or references. Seriously, I don't want to have to hunt down information on someone that says they want to do business.
                      Everybody has photos of this mare on their sites and refer to this particular mare as theirs. She is staying right here. She may be available for custom foals out of her, if she proves to be fertile. For now, I am going to enjoy the heck out of riding her and working with her all fall and winter and see where next spring finds us.... working cattle or jumping?

Comment

• What's amazing is if you look up foals for sale by bloodline on that site, over 20 Redwine foals come up.

I think that is a flooded market!!!!

The nutrition thing is something to worry about if anyone bought these foals in utero or weaned. You may not see the effects right away but wouldn't bone and cartilage growth be compromised?

I have heard many hunter trainers have negative comments about hunter breeding and it just being a beauty pageant.

It may be for beauty, but I would hope no one would only breed for that.

Comment

• So just FYI I decided to start my own forum.* It is for horse owners and breeders who choose to make up their own minds regarding GFF and their stallions.* Stick to facts and frown upon fairytales that grow beyond the truth and are fueled by haters and other small time breeders who see this as a way of upping their sales.
                          Though many of you claim to not want to bash Redwine or any other GFF stallion that is what you are doing.**Your filly only got her jump from Pablo, right*Diane? And folks like Laurie, Annie and Diane seem to be trying really hard to ensure that no foal from a GFF stallion will be of any value in the future. *God forbid something happens and you need to sell one of your fillies. Why not attatch a dreaded label to it, right Diane?Laurie is safe right?* Let's write down that date,,oh yes only foals born AFTER 4/5/11 will be subject to the witchhunt.* And screw the fact that some of these offspring will exist because the owners had contracts with Jill that they wanted filled.* They do not have the luxury that Diane, Kathy and others may have to just write it off and take a monetary loss.
                          So in my forum I will then I will*encourage those who don't like the politics of this group to boycott the stallion owners posting on this thread and the small time breeders who keep fueling this beyond what it should be.* For as it was said long ago there is more than just a touch of jealousy that is keeping this thread from staying fact based.
                          I am truly sickened by some of the comments I have heard from people I have been told were "upstanding" citizens in the breeding world.* If you think what Jill has or has not done is bad turn your mirror around and look at yourself.* Those of you who can say you have not lied or exaggerated, good for you.* For the rest you should be ashamed.

Comment

• Whoa, I just figured out who Roy Parker is!
                            McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Originally posted by Laurierace View Post
                              Whoa, I just figured out who Roy Parker is!
                              Hah, do tell! (PM me?)

(This is way up on my list of bizarre internet discussions...)
                              You have to have experiences to gain experience.

1998 Morgan mare Mythic Feronia "More Valley Girl Than Girl Scout!"

Comment

I'm rather curious too..

Comment

• I just happened to see the FB post which has since been deleted.
                                  McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

Do tell!

Although I am pretty sure I have figured it out also.

Comment

• Roy, being generous I would guess 50% of those people with contracts they want to fulfill will end up being out their money anyway. If they walk away now they don't risk infected mares or spend collection and shipping fees. Sort of like Russian roulette with a half full gun. Pretty steep odds as I see it.
                                      McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

Copy from the Romantic Star ad: He has fantastic conformation, a sterling temperment and a stunning jump. He's currently showing on the east coast in the hunters. He's approved Hanoverian, GOV, Rpsi and Oldenburg NA. He is IHF nominated and in the Hanoverian Jumper program.

I assume the bolded is a lie. Does anyone know for sure? I can't imagine anybody taking one of her horses on after she screwed the biggest names in the industry.
                                        Does he show under a different name? It looks like he's only been to one rated show, in 2009, but the database doesn't account for a horse shown under multiple names. But the one showing in 2009 is certainly him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyParker View Post
                                          So in my forum I will *encourage those who don't like the politics of this group to boycott the stallion owners posting on this thread and the small time breeders who keep fueling this beyond what it should be.*
                                          The problem with your idea of encouraging others to boycott the stallion owners posting on this thread is that someone will surely ask one of them "I read that you're being boycotted. Why is that ?" and then the stallion owner will need to explain all about GFF, and then of course THIS thread will have to come up,
                                          and then you'd have to explain to those people who read your forum about boycotting certain stallion owners why you wanted to do that, when they aren't the problem at all.

See...it would go around in just one big circle, and that won't help you. You'll just end up where you started.

Comment

Working...
                                          X