• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Doing business with JILL BURNELL? BEWARE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eagle74 View Post
    "I don't even have a sister in law"

This is going to be fun to watch how many posters suddenly disappear as the rats are always the first to leave a sinking ship!

Here's a suggestion for future reference: Why not set up a "rate my breeders" section on COTH were people can review actual transactions with actual names? Like, rate my professor, Dr, Dentist, Angies list, etc

Seems like a better process than accusations of dead, drugged, abused animals doesn't it?
    Good idea. Guess who will be at the very bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by smsjobe View Post
      Hello everyone,

It has taken me quite some time to read through all the postings on this thread and although my situation has been mentioned briefly in a few postings I think it is appropriate to give my personal account.

In late March/early April of this year I decided to re-home my young horse, a mare by Rio Grande. She was the first horse purchase of my adult life and I had very high hopes for her. Unfortunately, after having her under saddle for less than a year, an injury surfaced that rendered her un-fit for riding. Since I could no longer ride her and I don’t have property of my own to keep her on, I made the decision to find a good home for her as a broodmare to live out the rest of her life. I put ads up for her and received several emails, but I tried to be fair and observed the “first come, first serve” policy. Quite a few people contacted me but JB was the first to do so. She initiated the discussion with me over email under the name “Alex” mere hours after the ad was posted. “Alex” then gave me call, introducing herself as Jill, but I did not give it any thought because so many people had contacted me I figured I was getting my names mixed up. Over the phone, she painted a very beautiful picture of her farm, breeding program, and care of the horses. She told me my horse would live out the rest of her life in luxury. Talking with her gave me the confidence that my horse was going to a good home. Not knowing anything about breeding and being a trusting person (to a fault), I made the decision to send my horse to JB. I want to emphasize, this all happened in a matter of hours after I put up the posting.

Within two days JB sent me a payment (via paypal) for the very reasonable re-homing fee I had asked from her. A hauler was scheduled to pick my horse up one day later. Between the time that I accepted her payment and the hauler was scheduled to pick up my horse I came upon the knowledge that Jill would not be a good home for my horse. Specifically, I found out she has an active warrant for her arrest and a public notice of a trustee’s sale due to default of payment on the property deed that the she and her husband own, the same address as seen in her payment to me.

This is in fact the same property that my horse was going to be living on. Under the guidance of my agent/trainer and others, I rescinded the oral agreement I had with Jill under the grounds of false representation of a good home. We never had a written bill of sale. I made multiple attempts to return the money to Jill but each time she rejected it. I tried twice via PayPal, but the second time she reported my account as fraud and I was put on a hold. I also emailed her and asked her where I can send the money, but received no such response.

The next time I heard from Jill after sending that email was a month later being served the claim that she made for $10,000. Never did she try to contact me regarding this demand, as she states and signed in the claims paperwork as doing.

The time arrived to have our scheduled court date and although I brought a bank check made out to her and offered it to her, she refused, saying she would only take over 5 times the amount she had paid me. Of course, I was not going to agree to this. The judge dismissed the case in the county she filed in because it was the wrong county – neither of us even lived within its boundary. I understand now why she did not file in Sonoma County, for fear of being served with judgments she has out for her there. She has threatened to serve me in the county I reside in and I welcome it. I have a herd of people behind me, ready to stand up against her.

Although it will be fun to see the look on JB’s face when a crowd of people enter the courtroom to try to get back what she owes them, I honestly wish it had not come to this. I just wanted to find my horse a home and know that she would be safe and well cared for. I do consider myself lucky that my horse never actually ended up in her hands. This experience has unfortunately taught me that some people are not really how they present themselves and that in future dealings, I will be far more pro-active in doing research about someone with whom I am doing business with, making sure that they can uphold their end of the contract, rather than just simply taking their word for it.

I hope that those who still support JB and GFF can understand and accept that many people have been wronged by her. We are not making this up. I believe she is one of the most dishonest and manipulative people in the horse business and I am not afraid to spread the word. Thanks for all the support and please feel free to PM me if you would like to be part of my case against JB.

Stephanie
      Stephanie, I have been thinking about you since this thread started and wondering what the current situation was. My heart truly goes out to you. You absolutely did the right thing and got crapped on for it. It should have never happened to you.

You are absolutely right as to why Jill filed in a different County. Only an idiot would think they could file somewhere else. "IF" she does file in your County, please, please let all of us know. I'm betting you'll have quite a few supporters there, and people looking for their money!
      www.DaventryEquestrian.com
      Home of Welsh Cob stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
      Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness
      www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Daventry View Post
        OK, come on Moderators. Can you not check the IP from the PM sent to horsechick and see if it matches any of the other "house guests" or "alters" lists that were already given to you?

I was sent a pm re one of the "alter" addresses and the source of it depressed me. Since I can't verify the name....No name.

Amazing to me how one person ...in the world or at least NA world of serious, hard working breeders, there can be this one...and to me quite sociopathic human being...take in so many despite the building red flags....from the frgging beginning!!!! Drink the cool aid keeps running through my head....cultish!

Last edited by 3Dogs; Aug. 23, 2012, 07:01 PM. Reason: Grammar
        "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Noms View Post
          I may be completely wrong, but I think he is just frantically trying to help his GF out, deciding whether she should "pull the trigger" as he phrased it. I really don't think he cares one hoot about JB. Hes is tring to protect the GF.
          I say this with love in my heart, Noms:
          You may be completely wrong.
          Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Comment

• I was just looking at Redwine's page on JB's site.

Is it true that he is approved GOV as stated on her website?
            The virtual "woodshed" seems the only remedy for willful fools .

Comment

• And here we go with the PMs... Jill get a grip, you did this to yourself.

My lawyer said I should ask for a retraction to all the horrible and untrue things you've said about my business in an attempt to harm me and my business before we proceed.. Here it is.
              Jill Burnell

Comment

• Originally posted by ldaziens View Post
                I say this with love in my heart, Noms:
                You may be completely wrong.
                HAHA, will not be the first time. And I am starting to backpeddle on my earlier statement.

Comment

• Hmmmmm, the "SIL" turns out to not be the "SIL"! In a court of law, isn't it a fact that if you are caught in a lie, then everything else you have said is discredited?

Yep, keep beating me up for asking for straight facts!!!!!

Comment

• COTHalter: did you reply ---> Bring it on??!
                    The virtual "woodshed" seems the only remedy for willful fools .

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Dogs View Post
                      I was sent a pm re one of the "alter" addresses and the source of it depressed me. Since I can't verify the name....No name.

AHA!

Can I guess? I have a really really GOOD guess lol....

I don't breed, don't show and am therefore not worthy on a PM but I can state I hope each and every one of you who has sustained a loss dealing with Ms Burnell gets full retribution and the support of the law.
                      HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Comment

• Originally posted by COTHalter44 View Post
                        And here we go with the PMs... Jill get a grip, you did this to yourself.
                        Oh and here I thought I was the only lucky one!
                        Cornerstone Equestrian
                        Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire) 2005 KWPN Stallion
                        RPSI, KWPN reg B, and IHF nominated
                        www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

Comment

• "My lawyer said I should ask for a retraction to all the horrible and untrue things you've said about my business in an attempt to harm me and my business before we proceed.. Here it is.
                          Jill Burnell"

Well, let's see who contunes to jump on the bashwagon now!!!

Comment

Hmmmmm, the "SIL" turns out to not be the "SIL"! In a court of law, isn't it a fact that if you are caught in a lie, then everything else you have said is discredited?

Yep, keep beating me up for asking for straight facts!!!!!
                            Who says?

This is not a court of law Mike. But nevertheless you have thoroughly discredited yourself here.
                            "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
                            Rainy
                            Stash

Comment

Here's a suggestion for future reference: Why not set up a "rate my breeders" section on COTH were people can review actual transactions with actual names? Like, rate my professor, Dr, Dentist, Angies list, etc
                              There already is one...Rate My Horse Pro where Gray Fox is listed on their Equine Court section.
                              "The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli"

Comment

• Hmmm, so Jill has PM'd someone saying she has no sister-in-law, but apparently her friends and supporters "in the know" talk about her sister-in-law. I smell a rat.

Originally posted by Lowdown Farms View Post
                                I AM absolutely disturbed by this posting! First and foremost, why should anyone believe anything written from you and your husband that have been recently released from prison AGAIN. You showed up at the Burnells home and stole numerous items including a camera and other things last week.

Originally posted by LadyGilly View Post
                                I spoke to Jill's brother yesterday and he confirmed that all of her horses have been moved to the new property. There aren't any man made shelters there yet, but he did confirm that it's 40 acres of pasture. I purchased a colt from Jill in 2008 and had a good experience; she returned my calls promptly, the colt arrived in good weight after a trip across coasts, and I was very happy with him.
                                Originally posted by RoyParker View Post
                                SIL starts a thread obviously tee'd off by something and includes a pic of a skinny horse and "fears" for the animals etc etc.
                                People try to give you facts.* They are run off the board because GOD FORBID someone want to try and introduce facts.*
                                www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Joanne View Post
                                  I was just looking at Redwine's page on JB's site.

Is it true that he is approved GOV as stated on her website?
                                  Joanne ...can't answer re Gov but not aware he went through any stallion testing for Gov so ??? He keeps being listed as "Hanoverian" but no, he may have born in Hanover but I never found he was approved "Hanoverian". Devil in the details!
                                  "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Comment

"My lawyer said I should ask for a retraction to all the horrible and untrue things you've said about my business in an attempt to harm me and my business before we proceed.. Here it is.
                                    Jill Burnell"

Well, let's see who contunes to jump on the bashwagon now!!!
                                    I have not done any bashing and there are witnesses that can corroborate my statements. I say bring it on! I know it's an empty threat anyhow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daventry View Post
                                      Hmmm, so Jill has PM'd someone saying she has no sister-in-law, but apparently her friends and supporters "in the know" talk about her sister-in-law. I smell a rat.
                                      Well played Daventry!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noms View Post
                                        Well played Daventry!
                                        Helps when you have an eidetic memory. Just took me a few seconds to find the posts I needed as evidence.

I no longer hear the faint sound of a train whistle blowing...but the faint sound of walls starting to crumble. The fact that a bunch of PM's are now being fired off attests to that.
                                        www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• Also received a similar message demanding retraction, of what I'm not sure, on another forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X