• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Doing business with JILL BURNELL? BEWARE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy! I just found an unclaimed RockStar in the fridge! I'm good for the rest of the work day! Oh boy!!!! Roys here! Yee Haw!

Comment

• Originally posted by mactanscott View Post
      I have been following this thread thanks to a friend. I had no intention of posting, but after so many have come forward I am starting to feel guilty for remaining silent.

I feel like I am one of the lucky ones, b/c I have a beautiful healthy colt to show for all the headache. But I never got my breeding certificate, I was told excuse after excuse, was lied to, and then ignored.

The people at GOV and AHS are wonderful and were more than willing to help me register my foal. I would however be responsible for an extra fee since the stallion's dues had not been paid.

I was furious at Jill for the way she treated me, for not fulfilling her own contract, and most of all I was mad at myself for not doing my due diligence. Lesson learned!!!

I got on here a few days before my colt was born to refresh my memory on a milk prediction test and happen to see a thread on her. Obviously it was too late for me at that point, but if I had known what I do now, I would never have gotten involved with her.

So kudos to all of you that have posted! It's comforting to know I am not the only one out there. I am over it now, have moved on, and loving my colt (whoever his daddy may be). And whatever the cause for Jill's erratic behavior, I hope she will receive the help she needs. I can't imagine she is living a happy life.
      mactanscott, get a hold of equinedriver (that's her username on this forum). She has offered to take down everybody's names and get something started. You may have gotten over it and moved on, but there are soooo many other unsuspecting people who are going to be doing business with Jill Burnell this year that don't know any of this information. Do not be embarassed. Please, why not try and make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else ever again.

Until everyone stands together and decides they've had enough, this is going to continue.
      www.DaventryEquestrian.com
      Home of Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
      Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• RunwayZ you keep saying NO ONE is saying the horses are abused.* But you are as well as many others.* Jill is bringing herds of horses to get USEF points, Redwine's sperm is no good (um check the # of foals on that)"

Hey hey hey, I never said any of this, I am happy with my Redwine baby! If you read my posts I have stepped up and said repeatedly that there is no horse abuse.... just no damn shelters!

I guess we will just have to wait and see who makes "the list".

Comment

• Oh and no, what happened to the woman that posted "slander?"

Comment

• Doing something constructive

For those of you that have posted that you got scammed and have "moved on", it really won't take that much effort for you to assist in putting a stop to her fraudulent activities. An hour at most. Contact me and send me copies of your contracts, cancelled checks, bank wire orders, emails etc. and I will package them for the FBI and Attorney General. After they receive the packet, you probably will get a phone call from the investigator to discuss your case, which was about 30 min for me. After that it has been nothing but me keeping track of deadlines, following through to find out what happened and then bugging them until they take the next step. I can easily set up an email list to keep everyone up to date after the case is opened. The power will be in the numbers.............

This really is the only way to put a stop to it. Getting on here and bitching about her a couple times of year is very entertaining, but it won't do any good except to maybe make you feel better after a good vent.

Comment

• Originally posted by runwayz View Post
              Oh and no, what happened to the woman that posted "slander?"
              Nothing! You can't post slander. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by ldaziens View Post
                Does anyone actually KNOW the husband has or inherited money?

I ask because Appsolutely looked up the new place, and it is seller financed -- meaning that poor seller is about to get completely fudged over no doubt.

My guess is that the seller got conned like everybody else, and that really sucks.
                The seller carry back was for around $250,000 if I remember right. Looking at the transfer tax, the sale was for around $490,000 - so it looks like they must have plunked down a good $250,000 in CASH.

Nice to know all of those debt are still owed, but they have that much cash laying around...

Edited to add... the new property is in the name of both the husband AND Jill. That means any liens etc one has against her can be attached to the property. They will not be able to sell the property or refinance without paying off those attached liens. In other words, even if the hubby has all of the money, Jill now has assets in her name which could be attached.
                APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman

Comment

• Originally posted by equinedriver View Post
                  For those of you that have posted that you got scammed and have "moved on", it really won't take that much effort for you to assist in putting a stop to her fraudulent activities. An hour at most. Contact me and send me copies of your contracts, cancelled checks, bank wire orders, emails etc. and I will package them for the FBI and Attorney General. After they receive the packet, you probably will get a phone call from the investigator to discuss your case, which was about 30 min for me. After that it has been nothing but me keeping track of deadlines, following through to find out what happened and then bugging them until they take the next step. I can easily set up an email list to keep everyone up to date after the case is opened. The power will be in the numbers.............

This really is the only way to put a stop to it. Getting on here and bitching about her a couple times of year is very entertaining, but it won't do any good except to maybe make you feel better after a good vent.
                  Yay, finally one tenacious bi@#h to save the day. I mean that with all due respect!

Make us proud.

Comment

• Had to pee...what'd I miss?

Comment

• Just as I suspected, there's two sides to every story!

Comment

• This thread is great fun for sure BUT

The fact remains that she is the USEF # 1 HB Breeder
                        Redwine is the # 1 HB sire, Aloha is # 3

# 1 HB Yearling in the US is by Aloha, # 8 by Redwine
                        # 1 HB 3 yr old in the US is by Redwine, # 3 is by Redwine ( and looks to be owned by the person who started this thread )

The rest of you are where in the rankings?

A lot of this sounds like sour grapes. If you were all so upset then why didn't you file criminal charges against her?

I have no dog in this fight because I don't do feed and lead. Just wanted to make that clear.

Comment

• "Just as I suspected, there's two sides to every story!"

Whatcha referring to Eagle74?

Comment

• Originally posted by S A McKee View Post
                            This thread is great fun for sure BUT

The fact remains that she is the USEF # 1 HB Breeder
                            Redwine is the # 1 HB sire, Aloha is # 3

# 1 HB Yearling in the US is by Aloha, # 8 by Redwine
                            # 1 HB 3 yr old in the US is by Redwine, # 3 is by Redwine ( and looks to be owned by the person who started this thread )

The rest of you are where in the rankings?

A lot of this sounds like sour grapes. If you were all so upset then why didn't you file criminal charges against her?

I have no dog in this fight because I don't do feed and lead. Just wanted to make that clear.
                            WHO CARES THAT SHE IS LISTED AS #1HB. NO ONE BUT JB.
                            Again, what do the above statistics have to do with her criminal activity and the fact that she rips people off left and right? Nothing!

Comment

• These threads are so much FUN!

Rewind: racehorse gal with 3.2 acres in No Cal is shrewd looking at the bizarre world of "hunter breeding" in NA. Shrewd racehorse gal get's partner and then a hapless dressage breeder sent to find first stallion. No need to again comment said stallion had been marketed and not sold for about a year...in Europe.

Shrewd racehorse gal has done her homework! Pretty sells! Partner and racehorse gal buy horse! First stallion! Only partner sues not THAT long after...oh darn, forget what bugged the "partner"....the beginning....

Oh lord....I was living in No Cal at the time....flags flapping then.

Love the posts by those with ...what ? Total of 11 posts? The posse!

Anyone remember the photos from the Inspection at JB's "farm"? Oh those vanished REALLY fast when it was creepy evident how NOT a little horse paradise the "farm" was.

I have always said ...JB a marketing genius...only wish/ hope it could be directed AWAY from living creatures!
                              "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Comment

• Originally posted by eagle74 View Post
                                ...I've been to GFF 6 times in the last 5 months ( see attached photos ) and have seen zero evidence of any abuse or mistreatment of any Horse... I can't vouch for the inside of the house as I never went in but to be honest, it isn't anyone's business but Jill's!
                                "Mike". You stated above that you have never been inside the house. However - when Jill is preparing a biological product (in this case, semen) in what is obviously a non-sterile area - heck, it's not even CLEAN - then yes, the condition of her "lab" IS the business of the breeders purchasing the semen she ships to them.

The photos of the inside of the house were verified as being her house by registration papers & letterhead which appear earlier in this thread.

I have no dog in this fight, I speak from being acquainted with Thoroughbred breeding farms. Their labs - which they mainly use to view the motility of sperm or look at the quality of stallions' semen, since TB breeding is live cover - are immaculate.

Comment

• Screw the wine.... I'm ready for a margarita! I have no other comment. Commence in my entertainment...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Daventry;6509752]

And to the person who said they didn't think Redwine's conception rate was an issue...I have heard privately from an overwhelming number of people with open mares. But I have no idea what the total number is and if it's even relevant as it is likely human error after seeing the lab.
                                    QUOTE]

I thought it was very fishy that my mare caught on our first shipment of Apiro semen in 2008, and then in 2009 I tried three times with Redwine and had no luck. Each cycle was uneventful and normal.
                                    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

Comment

• And for those of you now on the topic of the "lovely" ranch. Do you even have a clue?

Again, enraged hormones spewing inaccuracies

Comment

• Idaziens, why wouldn't you be pissed off at the Mortgage Companies for allowing this to go on? It's perfectly legal! I'll beat you to your next attack, I've owned my home since 1989 and have never missed a payment! Like I said before, Tom Sullivan did it and claimed it's a business decision.

Why do you care, are you owed money? Then have your day in court and get it settled!

http://chasehomefinancesucks.com/201...st-you-and-me/

Comment

• Originally posted by equinedriver View Post

And I have offered my Equine Appraisal services free of charge to anyone who may need it.

So here are two people who have nothing to do with this willing to step up. Hopefully it is enough encouragement for the rest of you to get on your feet and band together!! These once a month JB threads have been fun, but eventually, I gotta get some work done!
                                          www.DaventryEquestrian.com
                                          Home of Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
                                          Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X