• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Doing business with JILL BURNELL? BEWARE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What matters is not any of our opinions. The facts matter.

She has and there is proof that she has defrauded many many private persons and businesses. Some of those instances even resulting in active warrants for her arrest.

The MHS who is a governing authority found the following and it resulted in the removal of at this time 4 horses. "On December 27, 2012 MHS Animal Services officers found serious neglect, injuries, unsafe and inhumane living conditions for horses living on the property."

Those are facts let her spin the opinion any way she likes.

"I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Comment

• Lynnwood, the SHE you are referring to is Jill Burnell, yes?

Comment

• well I just tried to check the MHS, its down. probably updating stuff!

Comment

• Hey I can't seem to find the link for the stallion services donated for people holding GFF contracts. Help Anyone?

Comment

• Post # 2500 has a list of all the stallions offering services to ppl holding GFF contracts

Was it deleted? Where did it go? Post #2500 is not the list and I can't find it..
            Last edited by Nootka; Jan. 8, 2013, 04:59 PM. Reason: Poof it is gone?
            Draumr Hesta Farm
            "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"
            Member of the COTH Ignorant Disrepectful F-bombs!*- 2Dogs Farm

Comment

• Have you guys seen the COTH article where the local humane society has siezed 4 horses from her?
              What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nootka View Post
                Post # 2500 has a list of all the stallions offering services to ppl holding GFF contracts

Was it deleted? Where did it go? Post #2500 is not the list and I can't find it..

I can't find the post either.
                New Blessing Farm
                Standing the Oldenburg stallion Legaczy
                www.newblessingfarm.com
                "The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground".

Comment

• Hmmmm wonder why it was deleted? I was starting to think I was a bit stupid since I coulnt find it
                  Draumr Hesta Farm
                  "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"
                  Member of the COTH Ignorant Disrepectful F-bombs!*- 2Dogs Farm

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverreed View Post
                    Have you guys seen the COTH article where the local humane society has siezed 4 horses from her?
                    You obviously haven't been following or reading this thread, have you?

Yes, we've all seen and read it.
                    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Comment

• I don't know abou the donated services, but the auction has it's own thread:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...-Donation-Page
                      "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Comment

• Originally posted by Nootka View Post
                        Hmmmm wonder why it was deleted? I was starting to think I was a bit stupid since I coulnt find it
                        Lots of people were having a hard time finding it buried in the thread. A few people are trying to figure out where the best place is to post it so Mare Owners can contact Stallion Owners directly.
                        www.DaventryEquestrian.com
                        Home of Oldenburg, Westphalian & RPSI approved pony stallion Goldhills Brandysnap
                        Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals & Equine Expert Witness www.EquineAppraisers.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Daventry View Post
                          Lots of people were having a hard time finding it buried in the thread. A few people are trying to figure out where the best place is to post it so Mare Owners can contact Stallion Owners directly.
                          Daventry - could you start a thread...that way post 1 will have the info. And thanks for all you are doing. That way wronged parties can find the info.

The current silence of MHS speaks volumes about lawyers getting involved. I figure we will know when we know. It appears MHS has no intention of taking a mis-step. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• The MHS page came right up when I tried. Nothing new on it.
                            https://www.kintera.org/site/c.aiIOI...iH4JBKKPjFdJXG

Comment

• I find it interesting that out of 30 horses, the MHS could only find two that they felt were being neglected.
                              I've seen no pictures of the horse to show body condition or needing hoof attention. Yet most of you seem to think all the horses are going to be seized in a day or two because they are in deplorable condition.
                              Where's the proof? Why not name the confiscated horses? Why the secrecy?
                              I've admired Jills stallions from afar wishing I had something worthy of breeding to one. She's been in the industry for years and if she'd wronged so many people, why has no one bothered to sue her?
                              The average Joe would try to recoup something!

I could just as easily come here with ten different screen names posting hyperbole of what a rotten person she is, but how many of you have seen actual proof? There's two sides to every story... I would hope we're still an "innocent until proven guilty society"....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pixtwo View Post
                                I find it interesting that out of 30 horses, the MHS could only find two that they felt were being neglected.
                                I've seen no pictures of the horse to show body condition or needing hoof attention. Yet most of you seem to think all the horses are going to be seized in a day or two because they are in deplorable condition.
                                I've admired Jills stallions from afar wishing I had something worthy of breeding to one. She's been in the industry for years and if she'd wronged so many people, why has no one bothered to sue her?

I could just as easily come here with ten different screen names posting hyperbole of what a rotten person she is, but how many of you have seen actual proof? There's two sides to every story... I would hope we're still an "innocent until proven guilty society"....
                                Interesting...............................

Comment

• If you've read all 155 pages of this thread, you'd have seen that we are way beyond the "innocent until proven guilty" portion. Many, many facts have been posted about all things Jill Burnell.

As for only taking 4 horses, I would imagine that they would take those deemed to be in the worst condition first. That doesn't mean that the other aren't neglected as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsenut93136 View Post
                                    Sorry disagree wholeheartedly. Plenty of pile ons. Plenty of rumors and false statements. Some corrected some not. Combine that with lots coming from stallion owners with competing stallions and of course a court is going to see conflict.
                                    There is also plenty of internet evidence out there of JB trashing others' stallions. No one here has ever posited that the Gray Fox stallions weren't worthy of breeding to. Jill's own blog tears down other breeding operations.

Comment

• Jill has WARRENTS and OPEN JUDGEMENTS - People have taken her to court, and won!

That guilty part would be the judgments in the public records regarding the trainers, feed stores and vets she has stiffed.

There are many here that have come forward and were wronged. Taking Jill to court is time consuming, and as all of her default judgments prove, even if you WIN Jill Burnell will not pay - that is why there are recorded judgments against her!

She HAS been proven GUILTY. That is why she has a warrant.

Horse neglect is a new detail to this saga. Seems that letting her farm get foreclosed on, then moving to a property without adequate facilities for horses hasn't worked out quite as planned.
                                      APPSOLUTE CHOCKLATE - Photo by Kathy Colman

Comment

• Originally posted by Pixtwo View Post
                                        I find it interesting that out of 30 horses, the MHS could only find two that they felt were being neglected.

Post #1.... well she has been in this business for a long time but part of the reason why shes been in it for so long is because she's been feeding a lot of people a line of crap for a very long time. There is plenty of proof, photographic and personal stories, that Jill has been running a very shady business for a very long time...including disposing of broodmares who dont suit her anymore, a dead foal pile, nutrition issues, deplorable lab conditions, shipping postiving test semen accross the border against federal law with no documention. The list goes on and on. There is a LARGE amount of people who have been wronged by Jill, theyve kept in the shadows and are dealing with this outside of public eye for legal reasons and the day for those convictions to start adding up will come. Obviously a large legal case is brewing and things are being kept out of public eye while everything is being compiled, gathered, and put together to be presented. Interesting, yes. Any legal case takes an abundance of time to persue.

Comment

• I have read all 156 pages... I've seen a lot of people saying they were wronged. I've not seen a vet on her or a feed store saying she didn't pay them.
                                          I've not seen any concrete evidence of any wrong doing...
                                          How many of you contributing to this thread has seen actual evidence?

Comment

Working...
                                          X