• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

*RESOLVED* "stolen filly.....i need help!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyParker View Post
    Seriously 3dogs your ignorance is showing. If everyone were to be honest for a second hard as it may be there is no way that RW has a "poor jump", lord knows he improved the jump on my mare,,,all of you on here bashing who are trying to sell your RW or GFF prodigy are idiots. You may not like the way GFF does business, but the offspring look oh so much better than most that I've seen from the small breeder out there. Yes I see an occasional one I like, but if I can choose from 15 at GFF OR someplace like Hilltop I would do that. Whoever said breeders don't read COTH is pretty much correct. Outside of my friend who alerted me to this NONE of the others in my equestrian circle have read this. And then to see you all get pissy about Brandon's Arbor Day winning BYH at Devon and attack him (Rappazini) and his pants (multiple people),,,it just reeks of jealousy, yes I said that previously too. Just kinda hard not to when listening to women whine about poor me and my horse didn't win. Pathetic.
    Certainly Jill, and wow I read that last line as a direct slap / insult to Laurie and her filly who was recently at Devon. Isn't wasn't she a client of yours well at least a client of your stallion. Wouldn't you also WANT her filly to do well and promote your stallions ?? What a load of bat shit.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Comment

• Originally posted by SueL View Post
      Then why did a trainer whose opinion I very much respect tell me he rode Redwine in Germany when he was for sale pronounce him "limited" (in scope) and very pretty and "ok" for the right mare? I've seen the videos with John French (who always improves the jump) up and I was under-whelmed. I won't call him a jump killer and he can bring some nice things to the right mare - pretty, good mind - but you'll not be getting a four foot horse from this stallion. MHO
      His jump is meh and his owner is worse. So if you like his type and want a better jump breed to his sire Rotspon. Who is his superior in every way and easily circumvent the JP issue. IMHO

Comment

You may not like the way GFF does business, but the offspring look oh so much better than most that I've seen from the small breeder out there. Pathetic.
        No, what is pathetic, Jill, is that you seem to think it is okay to lie and cheat and steal and commit fraud.

And sad that so many people continue to enable you by breeding to your stallions, buying your foals, sending you mares, etc.

Unbelievable that you seem to think it is okay to continually rip people off. Just Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by hackinaround View Post
          His jump is meh and his owner is worse. So if you like his type and want a better jump breed to his sire Rotspon. Who is his superior in every way and easily circumvent the JP issue. IMHO
          I'm not breeding to him nor would I ever look to the "R" line for jump. But your advice is much appreciated.
          "Horsemanship is not merely a matter of bodily skills, but is based on scholarship and, therefore, is a matter of the mind and intellect." Charles de Kunffy

http://www.equiimages.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SueL View Post
            I'm not breeding to him nor would I ever look to the "R" line for jump. But your advice is much appreciated.
            Was not aimed at you just a generalized statement Was quoting you out of agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by hackinaround View Post
              Certainly Jill, and wow I read that last line as a direct slap / insult to Laurie and her filly who was recently at Devon. Isn't wasn't she a client of yours well at least a client of your stallion. Wouldn't you also WANT her filly to do well and promote your stallions ?? What a load of bat shit.
              I don't think even Jill/Roy is dumb enough to insult my filly, she speaks for herself. I assume she was talking about someone else in the classes.
              McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Hackinaround and Laurierace, I think that "Roy's/Jill's" comments were directed at me, the small breeder! I've foaled out/raised 8 here over 6 years and have produced, horse by horse, from foalhood:

1. Hanoverian Jumper Breeding Program Elite Mare Candidate, also National Res. Ch. USEA Future Event Horse (07), USDF Reg. 1 High Score 3 yr old Mare (DSHB) (07), Res. Ch. AHS Hunter Breeding Year End Winner, two time DSHB Qualifier for Reg. Championships, Hanoverian High Score Winner USDF Show. Now this mare is an Elite Han. show jumping AA show champion (HITS Ocala '12) successfully jumping L. 5 & 6.

2. Hanoverian Res. Ch. Hunter Breeding (08), National Champion Future Event Horse Yearling, also high ribbons in USDF Sport Horse Breeding. Now this gelding is a many times AA show hunter champion currently winning in the Pregreens.

3. USEF National Hunter Breeding 4th ranked Yearling (09), USEF National Hunter Breeding 3rd ranked Two Yr Old ('10), two time Sallie B. Wheeler winner of his age class, IHF class winner, many BYH awards, winner at Devon, AHS Champion in HB, was just Res. Ch. Young Hunter at Upperville and still owned and being developed by me.

4. USEA Future Event Horse National Two Year Old Filly (East), also hunter breeding placements, now sold and showing in the hunters.

5. Yearling filly just beginning her hunter breeding career with good placements at Keswick and Upperville in her first two shows.

6. The others sold as babies and are in good homes that will develop them.

The 1. through 5. horses have been developed and shown by me before going under saddle.

Prior to this I showed APHA horses with national rankings in USDF, two-time USCTA (now USEA) Horse of the Year, USEF (then AHSA) Zone Champion at Training Level Eventing, #2 USEA Rider, #5 USEA Horse, multiple APHA Superiors & ROMs, National Top Ten Rankings in everything from Barrel Racing to Working Hunter, first place finishes at the APHA World Championships, etc. Two major articles in the Paint Horse Journal ('95 and '99). All this in mainly one horse that I developed.

The point being that every one of mine has been carefully developed and raised and has found a discipline that works for them. There has been no waste. At GFF maybe a few babies out of 40 foaled per year will make a mark in the performance world. That is the "shotgun approach" of a puppy mill where the foals are bartered to pay off debt and acquire owners.
                Last edited by dianehalpin; Jun. 12, 2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• You weren't even at Devon Diane, it would be hard for you to win there. Small breeder does not equate backyard breeder any more than large breeder equals a quality operation. Don't waste your time worrying about asshats, the horses speak for themselves and anyone who can't see that doesn't know what they are looking at.
                  McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• No, we won at Devon in 2009! LOL, Laurierace!

Comment

• Thanks Diane et all

The Roy cover so silly. The protests so overdone! The facts so overwhelming. As for Devon? No clue who BG is, do know Aloha sadly even LESS talented than RW, think HB judging all over the place, and that's all to say.
                      "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Dogs View Post
                        Thanks Diane et all

The Roy cover so silly. The protests so overdone! The facts so overwhelming. As for Devon? No clue who BG is, do know Aloha sadly even LESS talented than RW, think HB judging all over the place, and that's all to say.
                        Ah, short and sweet and to the point; I love you
                        Already excited about our 2016 foals! Expecting babies by Indoctro, Diamant de Semilly, Zirocco Blue and Calido!
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227

Comment

• Wow! The use off GFF and Hilltop in the same sentence is laughable.

Comment

• Hey - you do all know that by using "GFF" instead of GreyFox Farm and JB instead of Jill Burnell, that any google searches and spiders wont pick up this thread?

Maybe the best way to get the word out definitively and consistently is to make sure the heading contains Jill Burnell and Grey Fox Farm and that everything is spelled out in the various posts as well

Just something to think about ...
                            www.TrueColoursFarm.com
                            www.truecoloursproducts.com

True Colours Farm on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueColours View Post
                              Hey - you do all know that by using "GFF" instead of GreyFox Farm and JB instead of Jill Burnell, that any google searches and spiders wont pick up this thread?

Maybe the best way to get the word out definitively and consistently is to make sure the heading contains Jill Burnell and Grey Fox Farm and that everything is spelled out in the various posts as well

Just something to think about ...
                              If that's your concern how about using the correct name of the farm?

Grey Fox Farm is not the subject of this discussion. They are reputable H/J trainers. And there is a Grey Fox Farm in FL that does eventing. Neither farm is involved in this drama.

I really think you mean GRAY FOX FARM.

Something for you to think about....

Comment

You may not like the way GFF does business, but the offspring look oh so much better than most that I've seen from the small breeder out there.
                                Careful, your ego is showing.

Do you know that every time you put down small breeders, it makes YOU look bad ?

Comment

• This thread is like herpes...it won't go away! But I love it! Oh by the way, my RW filly wants to be a dressage horse, not a jumper! Are there any RW or Aloha offspring out there in the over fences classes yet? Or are they all too young?

Comment

• Bit sad actually but I remember when I was looking for a stallion 3 or 4 years ago and this horse was suggested. I liked him but he wasn't suitable although why now escapes me. I'm in Australia so I’m happy not to be trying to work out papers etc with a breeder who sadly is now known as not 100% reliable. Sad as the horse is actually very nice. Glad the OPs situation is resolved.

Comment

• well again you all appear to have jumped off a big cliff. I am not Jill and I think you all have noticed that Jill does not bother to post on COTH. Why would she want to listen to all the crap?

I have a friend who has also bred to GFF and has had NO problems whatsoever. Bet a head count would show numerous clients that have had very good experiences.

and will stand by my defense of the stallions any day. You all know how much money it takes to properly keep stallions and offspring showing so of course that would not be something she is able to do right now. Lovely for those of you that have the funds to throw at that,,,

baby mill is kinda ridiculous unless you want to start calling other big breeders the same.

but alas time will tell what the offspring does. Yes I do think the success or Arbor Day and Remarkable speak volumes. But of course you all won't even give them that credit.

On to bigger and better things requiring attention. Flame on and pat yourselves on the back. I'd hate to see your egos deflated.

Comment

well again you all appear to have jumped off a big cliff. I am not Jill and I think you all have noticed that Jill does not bother to post on COTH. Why would she want to listen to all the crap?

I have a friend who has also bred to GFF and has had NO problems whatsoever. Bet a head count would show numerous clients that have had very good experiences.

and will stand by my defense of the stallions any day. You all know how much money it takes to properly keep stallions and offspring showing so of course that would not be something she is able to do right now. Lovely for those of you that have the funds to throw at that,,,

baby mill is kinda ridiculous unless you want to start calling other big breeders the same.

but alas time will tell what the offspring does. Yes I do think the success or Arbor Day and Remarkable speak volumes. But of course you all won't even give them that credit.

On to bigger and better things requiring attention. Flame on and pat yourselves on the back. I'd hate to see your egos deflated.
                                        She used to post till she had to start using an alter. Since no one really knows who you are (has anyone jumped in who knows you personally?) why should anyone believe a word you say? Please, if you've had such great dealings with her, provide the USEF #s of the horses you've had registered under your name that you bred from her stallions, or show results, or something to verify your identity.... Cause right now, you're either JB or a convicted horse abuser. Either way, no credibility.

The more people post about her, the more other people will come to realize how dangerous dealing with her is. Once upon a time I thought about using her stallions for a marketable hunter foal, but then I read up and realized what a nightmare that would probably be.
                                        The rebel in the grey shirt

Comment

• Originally posted by JWB View Post

The more people post about her, the more other people will come to realize how dangerous dealing with her is. Once upon a time I thought about using her stallions for a marketable hunter foal, but then I read up and realized what a nightmare that would probably be.
                                          Not really. Most HB show people could care less that is said here. And papers or a lack of them mean nothing for HB .
                                          All that matters is she is the leading USEF HB breeder and Redwine is the leading HB stallion. Aloha is in 3rd place currently. Nothing 'dangerous' about that.
                                          So as long as anyone who shows a Redwine offspring keeps showing and they keep winning then people will buy her foals.
                                          All the advertising she needs is provided everytime one of the HB horses wins.
                                          Many HB people do not care if the the horse has a performance career or ever shows over fences. It's very much like AQHA breeding classes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X