Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Hart_Barn 1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Escudo II babies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escudo II babies

Anyone have any Escudo II babies.....I have one and was wanting to see some others!!!
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

I had two this year and expecting one next year. Both the colts I had this year sold and sold quickly, they are that nice!! Here are some pics of those 2, can't wait for next year's. I can't say enough good things about these boys. They have an excellent temperament as well as good looks. The seal brown colt is out of a Scimitar Hanoverian mare and was sold as a jumper prospect. The black turning gray is out of a Royal Appearance mare and was sold as a hunter and stallion prospect. They have very correct conformation and are just lovely so bred another mare to him this year and maybe next too.
    Attached Files
    www.lazyjsporthorses.com

Comment

I had one on the way, but the mare lost it at around day 35 :*(

We shall try again next year.

LJSHorses, gorgeous foals! Its neat that you have one out of a Royal Appearance mare, as I am seriously considering breeding my Royal Appearance/Grannus mare to him next year
      Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
      Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
      Facebook Page.
      Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

Comment

Originally posted by Dressage_Diva333 View Post
        I had one on the way, but the mare lost it at around day 35 :*(

We shall try again next year.

LJSHorses, gorgeous foals! Its neat that you have one out of a Royal Appearance mare, as I am seriously considering breeding my Royal Appearance/Grannus mare to him next year

Go for it!!! I love, love this cross. Although both boys exceeded my expectations, Endeavor (Royal Appearance) is by far the barn favorite. He is a super laid back, lovely colt who is very respectful and easy to work with. His mom can sometimes be well...let's say not like him. In fact, poor little guy is seperated from mom at feeding time because mom is aggressive with food. He goes in his own stall and has never been upset by it. Just love him. The mare is a lease or I would repeat the breeding. I am though breeding to Royal Appearance next year so maybe I will have a Royal Appearance broodmare again someday way off in the distance (after show career and of course will need the right plumbing, lol).
        www.lazyjsporthorses.com

Comment

• Original Poster

I love my filly.....she is a corker!!
          Gorgeous and very strong topline......if possible even stronger then my Pablo baby by the same mare (Nebelwefer/Marbod) that I adore. I am not a premium member and I haven't had the time to photobucket her pics yet. Will post when I can. I bred back to Escudo but my mare has twins!!! AARGH .....vet coming back tomorrow to recheck....fingers and toes crossed. That immunall is some powerful stuff that Edgar sells....that is all I can say.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Comment

I hope I can remember how to do this. I have a really lovely Escudo 11 filly out of a Meilenstiefel/Brentano 11 mare. She is gorgeous, very outgoing and very correct. Have no idea what happened to the print color. Anyway, here is Emelia..................

I take terrible pictures.
            OMGIH, I loff my mares clique

Comment

OOps, I did the wrong one.
              OMGIH, I loff my mares clique

Comment

...I have a Royal Appearance mare!!
                Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

Escudo II colt

I absolutely love my Escudo II colt! He is out of Tigris, by Nicholas, out of MS Daybreak, by Dederick. I am taking him to the Sullivan Farm Inspection on 7/22. Here are some photos of him at three weeks of age. He is now three months old, and HUGE! He is an absolute love bug, and very willing and smart!

I will get more photos at the inpsection. He loves to show off!

www.emeraldspringequestrian.com
                  LLT

Comment

Always love to show my boy off

I'm head over heals for him. He's more than I hoped for. A SUPER mover and I can't believe how big!!

He's only 3 days old in the pix. This Saturday is his three week old birthday

Conformation shot:
                    http://picasaweb.google.com/jessica....37753138434562

My little future cross-country machine:
                    http://picasaweb.google.com/jessica....37814292869154

Comment

What a lovely group of foals! I went to an AHS inspection yesterday and saw 3 Escudo I's that were just gorgeous, with great personalities. I think Escudo II may give them prettier faces, but it's remarkable the similarity.
                      Last edited by goodmorning; Oct. 12, 2008, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this up now that the youngsters have grown up a bit - how are they maturing? I've seen some photo's of the OP's and shes lovely...how is their movement developing? I'm particularly interested in those that bred for hunters Thanks!
                        Last edited by goodmorning; Oct. 13, 2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

My Escudo II x Nicholas is still a wonderful boy! He scored 84 points at the BWP Keuring and tied for third highest in the USA. He is very large, as well, and very sweet and laid back. His mother is the ultimate Hunter-type. Here are some more recent pictures (three moths old!):

LLT

Comment

I believe Escudo II is the sire of Earl.. Who is my apps sire
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/23t2rv5.jpg
                            www.australiancolouredperformancehorses.com.au

Comment

Earl is definately NOT sired by Escudo II but by Escudo I.
                              www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

Comment

Does Escudo II have a show record?
                                www.glenhillfarm.com
                                www.learntolikepink.com my journey with breast cancer
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petalu...2907692?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot's View Post
                                  ...I have a Royal Appearance mare!!
                                  Well we just bought back our Escudo II colt out of the Royal Appearance mare. Unfortunately our volatile economy was to blame because he had a super home until financial issues ended it. But he is here with us and we will look for another good match for him. Here is a pic from his ISR/Old NA inspection, funny he scored relatively high and they loved his conformation but he is hunter bred and moves with a flat knee which they marked down for. I get so confused, I was told now that all the Warmblood Registries have a seperat Hunter division and we marked that discipline on his card but over and over this year I saw many hunter babies at many inspections marked down for having what they are suppose to have, hmmm.
                                  Attached Files
                                  www.lazyjsporthorses.com

Comment

can you post a link to escudo II pedigree?

Comment

• Original Poster

http://www.rainbowequus.com/EscudoII.htm

He is a full brother to Escudo I

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Comment

Thanks for that..

Comment

Working...
                                        X