Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

JR-1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stallion Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stallion Suggestions

Hello All,

I’m looking for help selecting an approved AHS/VHW Hanoverian stallion for my Elite eligible Hanoverian mare. Her sire is Graf Top, her damsire is Raphael.

I’m looking to produce an amateur friendly foal of moderate size. I want to improve hind end drive and use and overall movement. I’d like to keep jumping talent.

Can you suggest some stallions who might help me achieve my goals?

I am only looking at AHS and VhW approved stallions.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Are you aiming for hunters or jumpers or eventing? Or dressage mainly, but want to be able to jump too? if you're looking to improve 'movement', than your answer really matters, as ideal movement won't be same through all the disciplines.
    Are you looking for fresh only, or would you consider frozen?
    "moderate size" varies wildly between individuals, and a lot depends on how big your mare is.
    What's her conformation like? What are you looking to improve there?

There are several nice R-line AHS stallions that pass on good ammie-friendly temperaments. Not sure if they'll improve the hind end drive, but many have offspring successful in the H/J rings as well as in dressage.

Another option might be Widmark. He brings in the power of the W-line, but many of his kids are really excellent jumpers. I believe he was in the top 50 last year for USEF hunter sires. I have a Widmark mare that's very brave and an excellent jumper, but definitely has a lot of power and drive. Sometimes too much. However, I don't know much about her damline, so I can't comment on what came from Widmark and what came from her mom.
    A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world.... oh, sorry.... that's wine...wine does that...

http://elementfarm.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X