Sport Horse Spotlight

calucci_cf_sq

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USEA video on judging FEH, conformation and movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USEA video on judging FEH, conformation and movement

https://vimeo.com/377807373

I really liked this video released yesterday by USEA about judging FEH. It was helpful to hear what the judges should look for, especially about gaits and movement. Regarding "flashy" trot, they noted to watch how the horse moves behind, and not be fooled by expressive front end action. Look for ability to collect and extend, but value correctness as much as bounce.

I appreciate what Robin Walker said about the trot/canter-- a fancy trot will win you points in dressage, but the bulk of an event horse's job is done at canter. And it's too much work to have to "manufacture" a good canter for the horse's whole career. When the horse has a naturally good canter, it makes everything easier.
    A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

I can't wait to make time to watch this. I have always heard "buy the walk and canter, you can improve the trot".

Comment

Same here - commenting so I can easily find this later. Thank you for the post & link.

I've always been the type to buy the walk (OTTBs) - I don't always get to see the canter since most of my projects are OTTBs I pick from the track. The walk's a pretty reliable indicator of the canter. The trot is not. The plus side being.. most OTTBs have great gallops.
      AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

It was a good video but it was pretty basic.

Comment

Working...
        X