Stallion Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

koi pond
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

STAY AWAY FROM RYAN HALL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAY AWAY FROM RYAN HALL

I leased my chromed out Arabian mare to a girl who wanted to breed her and make half arabian warmbloods. I am a veterinary student without the time and resources to make foals right now so I thought it would be a good deal for all involved... Little did I know, my mare wasn’t receiving adequate nutrition! She left on Mar 31, 2019 with a BCS of 7/9 and had always been an easy keeper... She finally made it back to my house today Sept 5, 2019 (no thanks to Ryan) with a BCS of 2.5/9.

Ryan would message me back sometimes, but never sending the exact pictures I asked for (the horse was a 10 hour drive away).. She’d send one of her face or behind a fence. She claimed she was trying to breed her and was unsuccessful in it. She never mentioned that my mare had been in a pen with other horses having strangles!!! Or that my mare had lost so much weight. I am sick today getting her back and just don’t want anyone to make the mistake I did.

Windsong April Aria

I am very sorry to hear about what happened with your mare. I am certain that now she's returned to your care her condition will improve expediently..but how devastating for this to have happened.

ETA: Do you know if this is the same Ryan Hall who is (or at least, was) affiliated with the stallion Høgholms Cobra One? I want to make certain I'm not mixing people up..

Comment

I saw posts circulating on FB about this, and am glad a thread has been started here.

Gracefire - I am so sorry about your poor mare, but glad you got her back. And good for you about having the guts to put the word out about this situation... it was apparent as of last year that this might happen

I have been casually researching stallions for quite some time for a mare that I want to breed again (I have a lovely yearling filly right now from her), and has made a few posts on these forums about TB and very high percentage TB stallions I wanted more info on.

The user name Cobra One, or H Cobra One, or some variation (I think that it was Ryan Hall’s username as of last year) commented and recommended RFF Abracadabra. A cremello (I think) young TB stallion who is currently owned by a Trakehner breeder in OK.

So I looked up some public info on the stallion, and found video of him on Facebook, and information about him being presented to Old NA/ISR for initial beeeding approval late summer of 2018.

The video was was really surprising to see. It showed a young rider on a very green horse, and the horse was obviously very tense and upset by the rider. The rider was trying to jump the poor guy, and it was obvious the horse wasn’t remotely ready for what he was being asked to do... he needed a proper foundation schooling on the flat, and someone with basic knowledge and professionalism to carefully start him over fences... when he was ready (after he was happy and relaxed and better balanced in his flatwork) From the video, it looked like the poor young horse was being overfaced by an inexperienced rider, and over jumping pretty regularly. There were more photos on Facebook showing the stallion going out to an event... and these were alarming. To me... it looked like a young horse who was NOT confident about what he was being asked to do. He clearly is athletic and very nice looking... but he deserves a slower start by someone who is more mature and fair to a young horse, and not pushing him too fast.

The poster here on the forums trying to market this stallion claimed in their initial comment to me that he would be competing at the 2* level as an event horse by Spring of 2019. They made that comment last fall. It was an absurd claim on its face. The horse was way too green. I pushed back a bit and questioned the claim. I also questioned why the stallion had failed to get breeding approval from Old NA/ISR when he was inspected initially in late summer of 2018. His Facebook page mentioned that he was too green or something, and didn’t have much prep time. I didn’t get an answer that made sense to me from the Cobra One poster... as they had also claimed the stallion would be doing two stars the next spring

Anyway, I didn’t think much of it, until a few months later I saw a promotion circulating on Facebook involving not only Hoghm’s Cobra One, but also an older stallion named High Five WW. This was late fall/early winter of last year. High Five has always interested me, because he has some unique bloodlines, and had a great performance career. But as far as I can tell... there are no foals from him in North America from frozen or fresh cooled semen. In fact... a few years ago there were ads online offering free breedings to him... but still... no foals that I know of. I also wasn’t sure where the poor stallion was even located for the last few years. I thought he was in Michigan, and the last group to own him was no longer involved in breeding as far as I knew... but RH was in Oklahoma. At a Trakehner breeding farm. The whole sudden marketing push related to High Five WW via RH? Really confusing and sketchy.

It all seemed alarming. Two jumper stallions with problematic histories being marketed and “managed” by her. One of whom (Cobra One) I believe she owns? And then all the video of the green horses she was riding at the Trakehner breeder’s farm, including the young TB stallion... well... it’s positive to hear that the Trak breeder went in a different direction. Sensitive young horses with a lot of blood will probably do better with a relaxed start, and solid quiet flatwork... not being pushed to jump at an inappropriate phase of training!

Anywwy... it seems RH moved to Iowa at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019... and was now affiliated with ANOTHER breeder with lots of unbroken young horses around. The young stock with this breeder looked VERY rough in many photos Some of the ads on Facebook mentioned the sale prospects being “eligible” for registration with different stud books. This was at BEST an ignorant representation... the primary sire listed in ads was not approved by any registry to my knowledge.

One photo used over and over in marketing showed a mare jumping a round bale. Though athletic... I can’t be the only person who wondered if the poor mare was panicked and injured herself during whatever “free jumping” session and photo shoot was behind that particular image.

Anyway... thats a rundown of what I have observed from afar with curiosity... and alarm. Hopefully Cobra One got a soft, safe landing. There are reports he is in Virginia... and other reports he was left at the farm in Iowa... concerning.

I’m curious if anyone knows where High Five WW is, and if he is ok and just grazing and having a peaceful retirement somewhere... hopefully so.

I think the condition of the adorable bay Arab mare pictured is INCREDIBLY alarming. She was at the farm in Iowa last? Wasn’t there at least pasture for her? My experience with Arabs and Arab crosses is that they are INCREDIBLY thrifty. I hope animal control in Iowa is notified ASAP, and other mares at that farm are checked before winter comes. I hate to think of starving broodmares heading into a bitterly cold midwestern winter... just awful.

Comment

I believe the Ryan Hall we are discussing is one in the same.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article...-for-ryan-hall

There is no excuse for such poor condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinda Kooky View Post
          I believe the Ryan Hall we are discussing is one in the same.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article...-for-ryan-hall

There is no excuse for such poor condition.
          Additionally, this is also her. https://www.usef.org/forms-pubs/-xAe8G_jLmQ/hall-ryan

Per the USEF she is suspended for a month beginning 11/1/2019 due to inadequate horse care at a show.

and to follow up on my own question, it seems that she is (or was) at least somehow affiliated with Cobra One though may not own him.

Comment

Originally posted by Edre View Post

Additionally, this is also her. https://www.usef.org/forms-pubs/-xAe8G_jLmQ/hall-ryan

Per the USEF she is suspended for a month beginning 11/1/2019 due to inadequate horse care at a show.

and to follow up on my own question, it seems that she is (or was) at least somehow affiliated with Cobra One though may not own him.
            Correct... it’s one and the same person. She was a former member of the NAJYRC team. It seems that experience, plus the popularity of her “eventing my donkey” social media posts launched her “career.” Somehow, she acquired these older stallions (Cobra One and High Five), got some leases on more than one mare, and was up and going as a “breeder.” Other reports and a few photos are circulating on Facebook now about a foal that died this spring, and other broodmares in her care that were not fed properly. Other folks also seem to be looking for mares they leased her.

No one seems to know what the actual story is with respect to who truly owns Cobra One. Apparently mares were being bred by live cover by him. Ryan Hall is only 19... and her background is not deep with respect to the sort of knowledge and experience necessary to responsibly manage a full grown warm blood stallion doing live cover breeding.

I have no personal connection to the breeder in Oklahoma or the farm in Iowa who chose to partner with Ms. Hall... but it’s a head scratcher of a decision, and doesn’t bode well for all the horses involved.

Comment

• Original Poster

Yes this person is one in the same. She has had access to many many stallions and many mares. I have had many reports coming through my facebook about other individuals concerned for mares they leased to Ryan. I will try and research where High Five is, but I am pretty sure Cobra is still on-site in Iowa at Dry Run Farms. I am not trying to drag them through the mud as much as Ryan because they worked hard to get my mare back to me as soon as they could but of course, they could’ve been more diligent and put less trust in Ryan! I, too, am at fault for trusting Ryan too much but she seemed to have such a good resume!

I have been told Ryan is out of the horse industry, from her grandma on my facebook.. but I find this hard to believe as one week ago she was telling another mare owner that she was moving to VA and taking the mare with her (as well as probably Cobra). One week ago I also received a message, but it was from Ryan’s mother and said to call her and talk to her if I had questions.. I opted not to do that since my mare was already on her way back to me.

Apparently, Ryan Hall also goes by other names. I will look into what those are as soon as I can do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracefire View Post
                Yes this person is one in the same. She has had access to many many stallions and many mares. I have had many reports coming through my facebook about other individuals concerned for mares they leased to Ryan. I will try and research where High Five is, but I am pretty sure Cobra is still on-site in Iowa at Dry Run Farms. I am not trying to drag them through the mud as much as Ryan because they worked hard to get my mare back to me as soon as they could but of course, they could’ve been more diligent and put less trust in Ryan! I, too, am at fault for trusting Ryan too much but she seemed to have such a good resume!

I have been told Ryan is out of the horse industry, from her grandma on my facebook.. but I find this hard to believe as one week ago she was telling another mare owner that she was moving to VA and taking the mare with her (as well as probably Cobra). One week ago I also received a message, but it was from Ryan’s mother and said to call her and talk to her if I had questions.. I opted not to do that since my mare was already on her way back to me.

Apparently, Ryan Hall also goes by other names. I will look into what those are as soon as I can do so.
                I did some digging of my own about High Five. He apparently is at a place called “Mocha Ranch” and in the possession of someone named Oksana Williams. Looks like the location is somewhere in North Carolina. He seems decently fed and cared for, so that’s positive. However... the web page does not look like a professional or knowledgeable breeder. Pleasant enough... but definitely not a professional. There are photos of a foal at this ranch... so who knows what is going on.

Hopefully Ryan Hall is not enroute to NC with plans to breed and “train” MORE horses.

There are 2 Facebook aliases apparently that she has used with other folks. Lily something or other, and Hannah Jones I believe.

The whole thing is very bizarre. The owner of the Trakehner breeding in Oklahoma was the other person sanctioned by USEF in the link up thread. The videos of the way that young cremello stallion was being ridden were really unfortunate. Not OK. There is other video on their site of a nice looking Buddenbrock son that they got inspected by Old NA. Hopefully he makes his way to either a riding home with a knowledgeable person who can develop him appropriately, or a responsible breeding home. He does seem like a nice stallion.

Other posts on Facebook about the mare jumping the round bale revealed she was 20, and possibly in foal when that photo was taken. Absolutely appalling.

Situations like this make me sad, and make me go out and feed my mares treats, and give them a few extra kisses and some grooming. I’m stunned about Ryan and what has been posted so far though... she’s oeetty young to be into this sort of situation in such a deep way. It makes me personally think that all the social media attention she got early on for the eventing donkey schtick was somehow related to mental health problems - not sure if it’s a chicken or egg thing... - but she seems to have some mental problems.

Hope you get some time to groom and feed and love on that adorable Arab mare of yours Grace. She is a cutie... glad you got her back.

Comment

• Original Poster

Yes, I’ve learned she goes by both names; Lilly Linder and Hannah Jones. I had a bad feeling, but thought I was just being overly sensitive. I’ve never met Ryan/Hannah/Lilly but people that have met her said she was unkind to foals, persistent when people declined on a horse she was working with/marketing, and pushed young horses too hard. A couple of quotes from individuals that have experience with her:

“I went up there a year or so ago to see two colts their owner had, but Ryan was this lady’s “assistant”/sales manager or something. I don’t think she knows how to properly work with or treat young horses whatsoever. She chased the living hell out of those foals for no real reason. I opted to not get either foal because of how they were treated. She then insisted on messaging me for weeks after I politely tried to tell her I wasn’t interested- completely blew my phone up with messages and pictures of the two colts.”

”I was considering doing business with her until 2 foals died very close to each other in time (she posted about it). She also was not helpful about getting information on a broodmare foal situation, but when she didn’t respond to my email and I mentioned it to her, she kept messaging me nonstop on Instagram so I lost interest.”

”I was going to buy a foal off of her and completely backed out, very shady. Had a vet check done on a yearling there they were trying to sell me for $10,000. The vet told me to run, said that Deborah and Ryan are running a sham to people. And the conditions of the farm are absolutely atrocious.”

”She bid in a sport horse online auction and won several stallion breedings, but never paid.”

“I have connections to a Tb rehoming program in KY and they had adopted out 2 Tb mares to her early this spring. They had asked her for updated pictures a few months back and they looked awful. So I went and got them for them. The poor things were so thin, had flies coating their lower legs and one now has a bony lump on her face.”

“I have connections to a Tb rehoming program in KY and they had adopted out 2 Tb mares to her early this spring. They had asked her for updated pictures a few months back and they looked awful. So I went and got them for them. The poor things were so thin, had flies coating their lower legs and one now has a bony lump on her face. Her training methods also kinda freaked me out she would send me video of him running / chasing free jumping him in cirsingle and side reins”

“Just wanted to let you know- Ryan is the reason I had to work for 3 years to retrain my horse that she told me to buy because it was so amazing and such a good deal. I love my horse but it was so rough. And I also went to the farm she “managed” in Oklahoma and over half the horses were malnourished or lame and still being bred. Lots of mysterious foal deaths. I went to go pick up a bunny that because of Ryan was about to die and was so neglected it was disgusting and terribly upsetting. The other 2 with it died because of her horrible care. They were in a 2x4 cage and inches of feces and urine was caked on the floor and I had to smash it to get it out, and he was so skinny, hair patchy, and terrified of people. Also had just been fed carrots- so bad for bunnies, and rarely had water. I do think there is something mentally wrong with Ryan. She can’t properly communicate with people and just comes across as rude and unemotional.”

”I worked for Ryan when I was in Iowa. I’m so sorry this happened to you, they had multiple horses die so I’m glad to know yours mad it out alive at least. She is extremely shady and her and her mom have been holding my saddle and other equipment hostage since March. I left after 5 days of working there due to the mistreatment of the animals.”

Comment

Holy moly... I’m following the FB thread.

The video clip of the injured horse... someone needs to call the authorities in Iowa immediately to have that investigated. Words fail. What in the world happened to that poor animal?

Second... the public claims the young lady has made who apparently worked for RH for 2 weeks at this farm in Iowa... the claims about how she could “supplement” her income? Uhhh - someone should report that to Safe Sport. I’m pretty sure it violates the existing policies. I know of an older male trainer treated a teenaged, female employee the same way, he’d get investigated and sanctioned. The policies should apply to anyone and everyone who is supposedly a “professional.” And perhaps the addition of a Safe Sport complaint, on top of the other horse welfare complaints will get USEF to move a bit faster, and extend that suspension a bit, and force this young girl out of the horse business together...

Comment

I find this very sad for all involved. I once left my two retired horses at a reputable Ky TB breeding farm, in exchange for me training one of their 3yr olds. I kept in contact regularly, but was never really told the truth...5 months later I checked on them in person and my previously-fat 15yo mare was a rack of bones and had suffered a mysterious hip injury. Never have I felt so upset-- with "trusted" farm owners, and with myself for letting it happen (though 700 miles away, how was I to know?). My mare got better, but the hip injury has wrecked her top line and she hasn't been riding sound since. It is disgusting and something you'll never really "get over", and it's made me extra paranoid about whom I trust with horses.

That said, I do have a little personal experience with Ryan. I groomed for her on xc at Midsouth CCI* in 2017. I had never met her before, but she needed help on xc day and I was happy to lend a hand. I met her at her stall. I noticed her trainer or groom was tacking the horse while she sat on a tack trunk. (Personally I do ALL my own tacking, even at CCIs, but I know some riders prefer to use that time to focus on course plan, get "in the zone," so whatever). She made a couple whiny comments to her mother, but I chalked it up to a teenager feeling anxiety/nerves before a big xc course. I noted that she had fairly modern, expensive tack, but was not super well-prepared for the vet box (scrambling to find enough buckets, scrapers, etc). Again, I passed it off as inexperience at the level (though I knew she had been to Young Riders and should have had a little more prep?).

Her CCI horse was an experienced older guy. They went clear, but the horse finished with a slipped boot and a very nasty scrape on his front cannon. Ryan seemed a bit clueless as to where it happened, blaming a stiff brush fence; from my experience, no kind of brush was taking off that much skin, and it had to have happened at a solid table or something. But, again, youthful inexperience, and debating was not my job, just taking care of the horse. I got the vet immediately, we wrapped the leg with pressure and got the horse cooled down quickly. Ryan had a prelim HT horse to ride, so she went back to the barn immediately and I stayed with the horse and rode back to stabling with him in a trailer. Ryan was getting on her other horse when we got back, and I told her mom I would stay with the horse and vet. Ryan asked if the horse would be able to SJ the next day (they were top 5) but vet advised her to scratch. I helped vet as she stitched the horse up.

Ryan messaged me about a week later to say thanks and let me know the horse was healing well. I got a couple marketing invites from her since then, but otherwise have not heard from her.

Nothing about my day with her suggested inhumane treatment or lack of funds for proper care; that day, stalls were well-bedded and horses were in sufficient condition...but that was just one day of observation. I found her a bit young and immature, but many 17/18yr olds are, and she rode well for the level, so I wasn't exactly impressed but not horrified, either. However, people aren't always what they seem, and we often don't know the real circumstances behind the scenes. Pethaps she has personal issues, or family issues, or something going on in life to spiral out of control. That NEVER excuses neglect or abuse of an animal!! I hope she accepts responsibility for what happened, and suffers appropriate consequences. But I also hope she learns something, and becomes a better, more mature and responsible person. I'm not joining a lynch mob-- maybe one day she'll earn another chance, and I hope she looks back on those poor neglected horses like that cute Arab mare with shame and guilt if she ever earns the privilege of having horses again. She certainly wouldn't get any of mine.
                      A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.
                      ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia Horse Mom View Post
                        Holy moly... I’m following the FB thread..
                        What FB thread? Link?

Comment

COTH won’t allow my account to post links lately for whatever reason. Look up the name Grace Kendra Goeglein... there is a public post on the account about this with 189 comments on it the last I saw. It’s been widely shared in a number of groups.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Warm...orSaleOrLease/

Cobra is (was) owned by Oksana Williams. I tried communicating with her when she first placed the horse with Ryan. She never answered back. Crickets.

The Cobra One FB page has a Jul 24 post that says he's in VA.

Ryan used to be a working student for Ellen Doughty-Hume.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...n-doughty-hume

Now I know where these novel plots come from.
                            The cue card kid just held up an empty cue card. For a minute there I thought I had lost my sense of humor. --- Red Skelton

Comment

pony grandma that thread is way to long to dig through. But I do want to say “Oh snap!”

OP I am glad you got your mare back.

Comment

Yes... the Ellen Doughty-Hume connection. Unreal.

Anyone else have info about Dry Run Farm and the owner there? It seems like there is more than a bit to account for on their part as well.

It was pointed out on the FB thread that MULTIPLE adults who are far older, and have far more life experience and experience with horses and breeding had been closely associated with Ryan Hall for the better part of the last 12 months, and clearly saw something beneficial in terms of having her act as their trainer of young stock, and managing the marketing for their farms, stallions, etc. They certainly bear some responsibility as well for the welfare concerns going on here.

Comment

Remember, she will need a high protein diet to help regain all the muscle she has lost.

Comment

This girl is, what, 19? How has she left such a path of destruction in such a short time? How on earth has she already had the opportunity to mismanage the careers of multiple stallions in addition to mishandling numerous mares and foals in three or four different states???

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this. She was "manager" here, "manager" there.... yet two years ago she was riding her donkey around her pasture.

I'm so sorry you got sucked into this, OP. It's not your situation I'm questioning; I completely understand these things happen. But I don't understand why breeders with supposedly quality stock keep allowing this kid to manage their horses and facilities. When I was 19, people trusted me with a lot of responsibility, but not without proving myself first.

Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Comment

Originally posted by pony grandma View Post
                                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/Warm...orSaleOrLease/

Cobra is (was) owned by Oksana Williams. I tried communicating with her when she first placed the horse with Ryan. She never answered back. Crickets.

The Cobra One FB page has a Jul 24 post that says he's in VA.

Ryan used to be a working student for Ellen Doughty-Hume.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...n-doughty-hume

Now I know where these novel plots come from.
                                      LOL I loved the ad for the "pappered oldenburgh" mare. Not.
                                      Rack on!

Comment

Originally posted by Texarkana View Post
                                        This girl is, what, 19? How has she left such a path of destruction in such a short time? How on earth has she already had the opportunity to mismanage the careers of multiple stallions in addition to mishandling numerous mares and foals in three or four different states???

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this. She was "manager" here, "manager" there.... yet two years ago she was riding her donkey around her pasture.

I'm so sorry you got sucked into this, OP. It's not your situation I'm questioning; I completely understand these things happen. But I don't understand why breeders with supposedly quality stock keep allowing this kid to manage their horses and facilities. When I was 19, people trusted me with a lot of responsibility, but not without proving myself first.
                                        An 18 or 19 year old managing breeding stallions and breeding operations on two different farms ... crazy... right?

The farms/breeders in question who decided this was a great idea... until they decided it wasn’t a great idea apparently are

1. Horse of Corff Ranch, and Deborah Corff
                                        2. Dry Run Farm, and Keith Rohwer

people can look up both farms, and these breeders on social media, YouTube, etc, and decide what their opinion is of the whole situation.

I will take note of three stories from the comments on the viral Facebook thread linked earlier that are particularly alarming...

1. While High Five WW was staying at Deb Corff’s farm last year, a mare owner who had a contract to breed to him apparently traveled there with her mares for live cover. Upon arrival at the farm, she claims she was told that BOTH of High Five’s front legs were broken, but that Ryan (? she uses “they” it’s a bit unclear) had decided against calling out a vet and had “casted” the stallions front legs herself, and unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to honor the old contract and perform live cover. There is a photo on FB that the mare owner took showing a very ribby High Five standing in a rough looking pipe corral, with two “casts” of some kind on his front legs.

A very odd story for sure. Hopefully it’s an exaggeration of some kind, and the poor stallion didn’t suffer that sort of injury and then get denied veterinary care. I’ve yet to see a comment from Deb Corff regarding it though... this supposedly happened at her farm.

2. While Ryan Hall was at Dry Run Farm, one of the many mares she seems to have accumulated one way or another during the spring of 2019 foaled out. The pictures online show a tiny little palomino foal, and Ryan commented that the mare was intended for use as a recip (apparently she had plans to flush embryos that spring from another mare she seems to have gotten ahold of... or planned on getting ahold of). Anyway, the “recip” came to Dry Run Farm already in foal, and this little palomino baby was the result. The mare who is visible behind the foal is clearly VERY thin in one photo. According to Ryan they liked the foal enough to name it “Dippin Dots” and intended to keep it. But the baby died within days. No explanation is provided regarding why.

3. Within a very short period of time from the foal’s death, another horse died at Dry Run Farm. A young chestnut TB mare named “Blue.” Apparently her full name was My Bluegrass Belle. I haven’t looked up her JC registration... that’s just what was on FB. In Ryan’s Instagram post at the time, she claims that this mare coliced, and she had to make a “tough call” to have her put down. However, yesterday on the viral FB thread, someone named Riley Reann Dennis posted a video of a horse with a massive bloody wound on the side of its skull. The horse’s visible markings and color correspond with Ryan’s Instagram post showing “Blue” and talking about making a “tough call.” In the video, the horse is lying down in a very dirty area of a barn with a blanket partially under its head. It’s moaning, and obviously dying. A hand comes into the frame briefly and fingers start pushing on the bloody soft area of the dying horse’s head... it’s awful. Apparently Ryan Hall shared the video with Riley Dennis to “defend” her own reputation. The hand pushing on the poor mare’s bloody bashed in broken skull as she is dying allegedly is Ryan’s, and allegedly Ryan was doing this while waiting on a vet to show up and put the horse out of its misery. According to Riley Dennis, there is suspicion on the part of Ryan Hall and others that Keith Rohwer, the farm owner, actually beat the mare’s head in, and Ryan took the video at the time to “prove” that the mare’s skull was bashed in. By demonstrating how soft and “mushy” her head was near the wound. The logic is hard to follow... the video is disturbing.

Interestingly... Deb Corff of all people pops up on a separate viral Facebook post in a different attempt to ?defend? Ryan Hall regarding the “torture” video, and claims that a necropsy was done on this mare after she died and it was confirmed she did have a badly twisted gut. Deb claims that a new barn manager of Keith Rohwer’s had fed the mare the previous night... and Ryan had “found” her the next day. I guess the new barn manager fed the mare incorrectly causing colic? I can’t follow what exactly different folks are alleging or any of their logic. A different person has commented on Facebook that she actually spoke with Keith Rohwer directly about this disturbing incident and video, and his claim is that the mare did indeed colic, and in distress broke out of her stall overnight, perhaps bashed her head in during that process, and somehow made her way to an area of the barn that was in poor condition where they avoided keeping horses. She then thrashed and rolled around in distress in that area while severely colicing, maybe bashing her head in at that time - it seems unclear - but wasn’t discovered by anyone until the next day... presumably because of negligent barn staff including Ryan who were not on top of the horses’ care earlier in the morning.

All I can say as a 3rd party observer is that the video is an AWFUL thing to watch. No horse should die like that. There is no acceptable explanation. If Riley Reann Dennis and Ryan Hall truly believe Keith Rohwer is responsible for bashing that poor mare’s head in... they should call animal cruelty investigators in Iowa and turn it over to them. Ryan Hall should have called when it happened... I don’t understand why she didn’t, and is bringing it up now. Really odd. Animal cruelty does need to be involved if he did actually bash in a horse’s skull though, So that he is banned from owning and breeding horses.

Regardless... It seems like someone is not telling the whole truth about what exactly happened to that poor mare though.

I hope someone with a direct connection to this does actually call animal cruelty investigators in Iowa so that the matter can be properly investigated by authorities. According to multiple people involvedthe mare was eventually put down by a vet and a necropsy performed... hopefully investigators can look into that as well to determine the actual truth of the situation. If Keith Rohwer is a monster who needs to no longer own horses... so be it. If, however, Ryan Hall is actually the one who bears responsibility... she should be accountable. I don’t understand why she took the video though, and can’t fathom how she touched the mare that way as she was dying when the mare was suffering. It’s bizarre.
                                        Last edited by Virginia Horse Mom; Sep. 7, 2019, 06:31 PM. Reason: typos, clarity

Comment

Working...
                                        X