Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

Entry1
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

RosMel Sport ponies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simkie View Post

Um, you could drive her Don't you need a driving pony???
    Careful! It is my birthday tomorrow and I have not been above spoiling myself this way in the past..

But she is on the wrong side of the continent... and I have had my eye on an Innkeeper filly for a while.

These are some cute ponies, though. I went and shared them with a few friends that are closer.. still jingling for a safe landing for all; it's nice that someone is trying to do some work with them to make them more saleable.
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

But ponies are so small! They must be cheap to ship beowulf

You TOTALLY need a pony for your birthday!!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday beowulf ! Treat yourself - you're worth it!

Comment

• Original Poster

Just to add a push to Beowulf's potential birthday pony, I was told via PM that the owners of the center who purchased the ponies are in their 70s and their trainer is looking to retire, so reasonable offers would likely be accepted.

Happy belated birthday!!
          Rhode Islands are red;
          North Hollands are blue.
          Sorry my thoroughbreds
          Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Comment

I tried to make an offer on one, and they were out to lunch on the price. No guarantee of papers, original price stated by trainer was not the price they were actually wanting, etc.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by endlessclimb View Post
              I tried to make an offer on one, and they were out to lunch on the price. No guarantee of papers, original price stated by trainer was not the price they were actually wanting, etc.
              I was told to speak directly with Mike. I think. I'll have to double check the PM, but I think it was Mike.
              Rhode Islands are red;
              North Hollands are blue.
              Sorry my thoroughbreds
              Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Comment

I will be assisting this week with taking pictures and video of the Rosmel ponies that were discussed above that are going to be put up for sale. I haven't seen most of them since they were weanlings and yearlings, so I can't comment on their temperaments or their sizes until I see them. I believe most are mediums. I do know that all the young ones do not have papers as they were never registered. We will be contacting the former Rosmel Pony Farm to see if we can get papers.

There are six stallions, eight mares and a gelding available. There should be enough genetic variation to breed some of them, if someone is interested in breeding ponies. (I know sire and dam of all of them.)

If anyone is interested in more info, PM me.

Comment

The WPCSA is giving amnesty to part-bred, half-bred and purebred welsh this year in order to register older ponies at a reduced rate. If DNA is on file (or you can pay for that too) for these ponies and their welsh parent(s) then these ponies could be registered by the purchaser for what I think is a reasonable fee especially if it's a decent quality pony.

Hoofy I know you requested a PM but I don't mind publicly asking for more information especially about heights. I've been a welsh cob breeder but I''m still interested in a B or B cross of the right type/age/height.
                  Ranch of Last Resort

Comment

I won't have exact heights until Thursday at the earliest, but I can classify them as small, medium, large.

Stallion - 2012 - Large - Gray
                    Filly - 2015 - Large - Gray (need to measure this one - might be a large medium)
                    Stallions - (2) - 2010 - Mediums - Liver Chestnut, Chestnut w/Chrome (this one is stunning)
                    Colts - (3) - 2015 - Mediums - Black, Gray, Chestnut
                    Mares -(4) - 2001, 2006 (2), 2007 - Medium - Gray, Bay, Palomino, Chestnut
                    Mare - 2001 - Small - Strawberry Roan
                    Fillies - (2) - 2014, 2015 - Smalls - Chestnut, Chestnut/White Pinto
                    Gelding - 2001 - Medium - Bay

Comment

Thank you I'll send you a PM.
                      Ranch of Last Resort

Comment

Working...
                      X