• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Breast Reduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast Reduction

(I think all of those well endowed can agree it's a bit of a disability as far as riding is concerned.)

I'm getting a breast reduction at the beginning of October!! I'm a little apprehensive, but overall darned excited. I can't wait to, literally, get this weight off my chest. I know other people have done it, any tips or suggestions?
    Pam's Pony Place

Pam's Pony Ponderings

Lucky you. Were you able to get your insurance to pay for it??

Comment

• Original Poster

No, insurance won't pay for it. It's a "specific exclusion" under our policy. I have wonderful family who are helping me pay for it.
      Pam's Pony Place

Pam's Pony Ponderings

Comment

Best thing I ever did.. You will not want to lift anything for about two weeks, and after that things will get a bit easier, but lifting above your head will still feel a little 'strained'. M biggest problem was with sleeping. I like to sleep sort of stomach/side, and it was uncomfortable for about a month.

Luckily, our government healthcare pays for the surgery, as well!
        What you allow is what will continue.

Comment

Had one about 18 months ago, one of the best things I ever did for myself. I was starting to get bone spurs in my neck and upper back so my health insurance paid for it. They took off 5 lbs total, and it looked instantly like I had lost 25 lbs. It is so wonderful to both look "normal" (instead OMG look at her chest), and not having the girls swinging so low.

It took me about 3 months before riding faster than a walk was comfortable, but it was more about finding a comfortable athletic bra than the bouncing itself. You will have to sleep on your back for awhile. I would recommend it to anyone who is need of one, just make sure you have an excellent surgeon and check him out.

You will have obvious scarring, but as long as you aren't a topless dancer, I think you'll find out it's all worth it. Good luck!!

Comment

My insurance paid for mine but I did have a few hoops to go through, mostly a few months of PT for sore shoulders and back with the therapist saying that there was no point to continuing PT as long as I had the big boobs.

Insurance also paid for PT.

I did mine a week before Thanksgiving so I got out of most of the cooking. Normally I am the designated cook. I wasn't allowed to ride or lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 6 weeks.

FWIW I didn't find the surgery to be very painfu at all.l
            I wasn't always a Smurf
            Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
            "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
            The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Comment

I am so jealous!!! I've always wanted to do this. Unfortunately, now that I have a bunch of autoimmune issues, I don't have any surgery that isn't absolutely necessary as surgery of any kind puts me into a really nasty tailspin. I haven't been able to justify this one as I'm just at the annoyance level, not the back problems level.

Rebecca

Comment

It was the best thing I ever did! Can't recommend it enough! It was several months before I could even tolerate a bra though. Unlike most people who lose some feeling my nerves became HYPER sensitive. I always did march to the beat of a different drummer!!
                Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Comment

i oh so wish i could afford to do this. i have headaches from mine,shoulder pain ect.. i hate them, and would be on a table next week if i had the money you guys that have had it done are lucky
                  www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Comment

Any hints/tips?

Those of you who have had this done, please give me some hints, tricks, or tips of how to go about getting insurance to pay for this.

I have really good insurance, but don't think they would pay if I just went in for this.

I WANT TO HAVE THIS DONE SO BADLY.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maxxtrot View Post
                      i oh so wish i could afford to do this. i have headaches from mine,shoulder pain ect.. i hate them, and would be on a table next week if i had the money you guys that have had it done are lucky
                      Go to your GP and complain about the pain. If you are like most of us you take a couple of Advil and keep on going.

I didn't realize how much the pain and stiffness was impacting my life until I went to a demo
                      for some exercise program (can't remember which) and the instructor kept saying "relax your shoulders" and I couldn't. I did months of massage and PT before the PT finally gave up and told the insurance company that I wasn't going to get better until I had the reduction.

I would suggest a female PT though
                      I wasn't always a Smurf
                      Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

Comment

I have a lot of upper back pain from mine so my doctor has already said that he would sign off on it whenever I am done having kids(at LEAST another 8 years :-( My wonderful husband is very supportive and so it's great to know that I have something to look forward to!

Comment

You need at least 6 months of "history"/documentation of issues. (Pain in back, neck, etc.). It will help if you also are seeing a chiropractor as well as your GP. Most plastic surgeons offices who do a lot of these surgeries know what documentation they will need to get the insurance to approve it, and will get it from your doctors once you sign a release.

Comment

• Original Poster

Just wanted to update you all. It's just about three weeks post-op and the difference... oh the difference. I don't feel like I have a cat sleeping on my chest all the time. I felt like a teenage boy the first week: all I wanted to do was fondle my new, gorgeous, small*, perky boobs. I've never had them; I was saggy as a teen. If anyone near Denver ever wants a surgeon recommendation PM me. Seriously, they are freaking gorgeous.

Three more weeks or so until I can consider sitting on my pony and take them for a test drive. It's been six weeks since I've been on her (I broke my finger, she was lame) and I'm getting a bit impatient. But I'll be a good girl. I want to keep these suckers looking good for as long as possible.

*small being relative. Went from a G/H down to what should be a C when all the swelling is gone.
                            Pam's Pony Place

Pam's Pony Ponderings

Comment

Glad to hear it all went well. I'm about 4 years out and LOVE mine
                              I wasn't always a Smurf
                              Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

Comment

I am a measured 36 K (yes, K....European size H) even after having lost 95 lbs. My health insurance will cover doctor's appointments prior to as well as chiropractic work, but I don't know what hoops I have to jump through to see if my insurance will cover it. I will not ask the insurance company - instead, I will ask my doctor.

When puberty hit, I seemed to *pouf* have DD breasts when I was twelve years old (and only weighed 98 lbs.)

I am very much looking forward to a breast reduction one way or another, and I was relieved to find this thread!
                                If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
                                DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
                                Originally posted by talkofthetown
                                As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Comment

Originally posted by HydroPHILE View Post
                                  I am a measured 36 K (yes, K....European size H) even after having lost 95 lbs. My health insurance will cover doctor's appointments prior to as well as chiropractic work, but I don't know what hoops I have to jump through to see if my insurance will cover it. I will not ask the insurance company - instead, I will ask my doctor.

When puberty hit, I seemed to *pouf* have DD breasts when I was twelve years old (and only weighed 98 lbs.)

I am very much looking forward to a breast reduction one way or another, and I was relieved to find this thread!
                                  Ask about PT and massage therapy for your back and shoulders and try to get a female PT
                                  I wasn't always a Smurf
                                  Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH

Comment

One of my best friends just had this done. She went from a full DD (probably bigger but didn't admit it!) to a C. She is a tiny little thing, maybe 5'1'' and 110lbs and says its the best decision she has ever made. They look fantastic, very little (if any) scarring and she was up and at 'em very quickly, I was expecting a much longer recovery.

Comment

My daughter, my cousin and my best friend all had reductions done.
                                      They LOVE the new figure.
                                      And my daughter who went from an F to a high B...her first words when we unwrapped them for her first post-op shower were, "OMG, they look pretty! I have Playboy boobs!" and she started crying, she was so happy.

She teaches dance and does choreography part time, her new body is a huge benefit now.

With all 3, insurance covered them. All had histories with chiro and/or other expenses directly related to having enormous breasts. The insurance companies were all happy to pay for the reductions instead of paying for life-long back and shoulder problems.
                                      You jump in the saddle,
                                      Hold onto the bridle!
                                      Jump in the line!
                                      ...Belefonte

Comment

OP- Congrats and glad to hear all went well!!

I had my BR in April of 2007 (G/H to large B/smallC) and it was the best thing I have ever done. I would encourage anyone considering one to go for it!

Comment

Working...
                                        X