Stallion Spotlight

Vitalis_img_4461skawx LL_Fotos

Real Estate Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Breast Cancer....My Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Retired4now....thank you so much for sharing your story . I wish you the very very best ?? The one thing that surprised me that I have found is different between Provinces, Manitoba. Alberta and B.C. pay for all our cancer medications no matter how or where we take them but other Provinces may not have them covered! I hope the other Provinces change this!
    I have cancer but cancer doesn’t have me!

Comment

• Eclipse please keep us up to date. I'm thinking of you.

Retired4now, hang in there and please keep in touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by eclipse View Post

Nope, you're never prescribed HRT with estrogen for breast cancer.....always what's called a "SERM" selective estrogen receptor modulator! It completely shuts down all estrogen in the body and is given to pre menopausal women. After menopause you may be able to stay on it, or more than likely you get moved to an Aromatase Inhibitor, to stop the estrogen that is still produced in the adrenal glands and fat cells....there's Arimidex, Femara, Aromasin. The latest schedule is also to stay on for a total of 10 years instead of 5 in total! I'll stay on forever if need be
        I am post menopausal and am on Arimidex, for at least 5 years, probably 10. It's a small price to pay for being alive.

If you're Er/pr negative, then your cancer is not driven by estrogen or progesterone so doesn't generally get these medications (you may end up with chemo etc even at stage 1) but there's also thE HER status to take into account as well (Herceptin etc)! This is why breast cancer has no cure ...yet! Every persons is different and requires slightly different treatment. But, now, because of medication like Tamoxifen we have hope!
        I am so grateful to researchers who discover what drives cancers, those who find ways to circumvent or address the often multiple issues associated with even a single type of cancer, those who are willing to take part in clinical trials and those medical teams that understand how the medications work and integrate with one another, then can explain it clearly to lay people like me. Herceptin has been a game changer for those of us with HER2+, HER2 used to dramatically shorten the expected lifespan of breast cancer victims.

Comment

• Altermyne and Retired4now...wishing you both the best.
          Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

Comment

Retired4now....thank you so much for sharing your story . I wish you the very very best ?? The one thing that surprised me that I have found is different between Provinces, Manitoba. Alberta and B.C. pay for all our cancer medications no matter how or where we take them but other Provinces may not have them covered! I hope the other Provinces change this!
            Ontario will also pay for all surgeries,treatments and medications unless the patient has other coverage through work or another insurance company. In that case Ontario will also pay the difference for what the employer/insurance company doesn't cover.

I don't know about Nova Scotia but will be finding out soon if I end up relocating. I'm on chemo meds(biologics) for RA and may be going onto DMARDS soon, I've been told Nova Scotia does cover it but I don't know the specifics yet.

Comment

• Original Poster

Canadiantrotter.....I am so glad to hear that, I had seen on a report that some provinces were not covering chemo, medications etc unless they were administered in hospital which surprised me so I'm hoping that's changed! In Alberta it's all covered no matter what.....even if you have employee coverage, your cancer meds automatically go on Alberta Healthcare, you just go to the hospital pharmacist to pick them up (employee benefits do not have to pick up an6 portion of cancer drugs) ! If we have to be on chemo and or radiation, the only meds we have to have extra coverage for are anti nausea and pain. There's an add on plan to Alberta healthcare we can get, and if you fall under a certain wage it's free!

Comment

• Chiming in really late *jingles*

Comment

Canadiantrotter.....I am so glad to hear that, I had seen on a report that some provinces were not covering chemo, medications etc unless they were administered in hospital which surprised me so I'm hoping that's changed! In Alberta it's all covered no matter what.....even if you have employee coverage, your cancer meds automatically go on Alberta Healthcare, you just go to the hospital pharmacist to pick them up (employee benefits do not have to pick up an6 portion of cancer drugs) ! If we have to be on chemo and or radiation, the only meds we have to have extra coverage for are anti nausea and pain. There's an add on plan to Alberta healthcare we can get, and if you fall under a certain wage it's free!
                  I think it may be the same here but because I am not familiar with all the different companies and their employee benefits I cannot say for sure.

I know someone that has Hep C and that his government employee would not cover the expensive trial treatment and neither would OHIP. He was told to apply to Ontario's Trillium Healthcare and they covered it.

Comment

• Original Poster

Quick update....Just got my next Surgery date....June 18. I could've gone in May, but chose to wait so I can at least get one horse show in LOL Riding is going well, I'm back to jumping 3ft and the only issue I'm noticing is I'm doing a weird twist with my opposite shoulder....probably compensating for the muscle weakness! Hopefully this will be the last surgery, but it will all depend on whether my oncologist lets me get the right side implanted to match, or wants to wait a year! Otherwise, all is good with the world!

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear that you are able to ride and that you're feeling well.

I hope that this will be the last surgery for you.

Comment

• Great update, hope you have a wonderful show!
                        "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

• That's wonderful news! I hope your next surgery goes well and you're back to 3 ft in no time.

Comment

Quick update....Just got my next Surgery date....June 18. I could've gone in May, but chose to wait so I can at least get one horse show in LOL Riding is going well, I'm back to jumping 3ft and the only issue I'm noticing is I'm doing a weird twist with my opposite shoulder....probably compensating for the muscle weakness! Hopefully this will be the last surgery, but it will all depend on whether my oncologist lets me get the right side implanted to match, or wants to wait a year! Otherwise, all is good with the world!
                            Are you doing PT exercises every day?
                            That should help even your body and that will help while riding.

It doesn't only affect riding, as someone I know, not a rider, said that losing all that weight in front made her walk funny for a bit, until she was used to the new weightless front.
                            She was happy with the results, said it literally took a weight off her shoulders.

Sounds like you are doing super great.

Wish you best at the next surgery also.

Comment

• Original Poster

I have had some PT but was able to do everything they were throwing at me with no issues, so the therapist decided to have me just do some specific exercises at home. I will go back after my next surgery again! I haven't actually lost any weight in the front as I only had one breast removed and an expander immediately placed ....if anything the 1lb I've gained I'm blaming on the expander as it's a little heavier than my natural breast. I was never large breasted, so was able to stay the same size....the silicon implant should be much more comfortable, although the expander isn't as bad as I thought! But yes....I do believe the weird twisting is definitely a balance issue. I wore a shoulders back yesterday around the house, and I definitely noticed I'm holding my shoulders slightly different. My therapist and plastic surgeon also think I will benefit more from PT after my exchange surgery as then I'll have my nice silicon implant instead of this slightly heavier expander so things will feel much nicer and more natural!

Comment

Working...
                              X