Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

DSC_0001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Big C! RIP Kim, see pg. 218

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sannois View Post

Yes this is awful. not being able to find transport.
    And they are a stickler about it. When I was in the office Wed. they have a big sign, Driver MUST stay with patient the entire apointment. meaning you cannot just drop someone off and pick them up.
    My discharge instructions, no driving for 12 hours.. Well ha, I could have driven from the appointment.
    Ex drove me back to his house, I hopped in the jeep and drove home.
    I am sure it is a liability that they are protecting themselves.
    The sad thing about my current situation is I felt okay most of the time, BEFORE the Colonoscopy, Now, Eh not so much. Monday I am calling the office. Like one of you great folks told me, must be proactive.
    Hugs and jingles. I hope you find out more information quickly and that you feel better. Glad you're calling the Dr monday.

By the way, I turn 50 this year and had pretty much decided to blow off the colonoscopy, but I'm going to have it done.

God knows I could use a good cleansing anyway.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by rubygirl1968 View Post

Hugs and jingles. I hope you find out more information quickly and that you feel better. Glad you're calling the Dr monday.

By the way, I turn 50 this year and had pretty much decided to blow off the colonoscopy, but I'm going to have it done.

God knows I could use a good cleansing anyway.
      Good going Rubygirl. in truth if I had gone when I was 50 I might not be doing this thread.
      And as for a good cleansing, it is that, and I actually felt great the morning of the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Sannois View Post

Good going Rubygirl. in truth if I had gone when I was 50 I might not be doing this thread.
        And as for a good cleansing, it is that, and I actually felt great the morning of the test.
        Losing 8 lbs is a good incentive, how nice is that.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Bluey View Post

Losing 8 lbs is a good incentive, how nice is that.
          LMAO!!! I think it is probably back, although I am not eating much so who knows.

Comment

my Dad had 2 bouts of colon cancer, surgery for both and has lived another 30 years!
            Last edited by IndysMom; Mar. 31, 2018, 08:01 PM.
            Not my monkeys, not my circus.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Joanne
              What are your symptoms?
              I am afraid it will be TMI. Suffice it to say, Doc said it is partially blocking.
              You can PM me!
              Last edited by Sannois; Apr. 1, 2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Original Poster

Happy everything day. Not doing anything special today, Feel a bit better, so finally going to do some vacuuming. LOL
                Another reason why I hardly vacuum, the 2 old cats, Especially Handsome. He is so afraid of it. even after 16 years.
                You can not even pick it up not running without him retreating under something. I always feel bad for him.
                If I have not said it lately you guys are awesome, Maybe the jingles helped make me feel a bit better, They sure lift my spirits.

Comment

{{{HUGS}}} undoubtedly THE scariest DX ever for anyone!

BTDT X2 for Breast CA - 18yrs apart - but going on Year 2 post surgery & feeling great.
                  Another old friend has a rare thyroid CA & has to travel 3H every few months for therapy. Good News is my place is on the route to treatments, so he & wife stop by to visit.
                  Another (male) friend is also a 2X Survivor - testicle & 30+yrs later, a node on his throat.
                  He told me Cancer is afraid of us & comes to us to hide.
                  *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
                  Steppin' Out 1988-2004
                  Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
                  Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

Thinking of you this morning and sending more jingles. Give the cats a cuddle. Cats are good medicine :-)

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
                      {{{HUGS}}} undoubtedly THE scariest DX ever for anyone!

BTDT X2 for Breast CA - 18yrs apart - but going on Year 2 post surgery & feeling great.
                      Another old friend has a rare thyroid CA & has to travel 3H every few months for therapy. Good News is my place is on the route to treatments, so he & wife stop by to visit.
                      Another (male) friend is also a 2X Survivor - testicle & 30+yrs later, a node on his throat.
                      He told me Cancer is afraid of us & comes to us to hide.
                      Awesome 2dogs!! So many success stories I hear, Gives me hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Sannois
                        A little observation here. I emailed a few friends that I have known for years, We are in contact, though not frequent, long distance from each other.
                        Funny I got no reply. I think some folks just cannot deal with the C word, even if it is not their own.
                        The odd thing is, they both sent me birthday letters. LOL
                        Oh well. I reached out.

The bad news ...
                        '
                        'Hold on Harriette' ..... a gentle heads up * people get get strange about most of life's serious struggles. It's a sharp learning curve to adjust to their often times rude/ insensitive comments or lack of communication ... it hurts .
                        While most often it is that they just are stymied and scared ... sometimes they just can't respond and again it hurts ..,,

I'm glad you reached out as one's support system is essential but just be forewarned.

Now for the GOOD news ...

Cothers will communicate and hold you up
                        always....
                        We will post to your thread .... email if you would prefer....call if you'd like .....

We have your back ... don't forget that and whenever your world seems unfriendly

please know

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND /FRIENDS ... here ....

ALWAYS .... promise Sannois ~

Get rest ~

Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Comment

A little observation here. I emailed a few friends that I have known for years, We are in contact, though not frequent, long distance from each other.
                          Funny I got no reply. I think some folks just cannot deal with the C word, even if it is not their own.
                          Oh well. I reached out.
                          Most people don't know how to act or react to someone having cancer. The majority of people go skipping through life never thinking of their own mortality so when suddenly faced with a friend or loved one having cancer...they choke. They're not sure what they can say without coming across as being flippant or uncaring and some are afraid of sounding like a broken record of everything you've already heard.

You might still get some replies after they've had some time to think about what they will or want to say.
                          Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

Comment

Originally posted by Zu Zu View Post

The bad news ...
                            '
                            'Hold on Harriette' ..... a gentle heads up * people get get strange about most of life's serious struggles. It's a sharp learning curve to adjust to their often times rude/ insensitive comments or lack of communication ... it hurts .
                            While most often it is that they just are stymied and scared ... sometimes they just can't respond and again it hurts ..,,

I'm glad you reached out as one's support system is essential but just be forewarned.

always....
                            We will post to your thread .... email if you would prefer....call if you'd like .....

We have your back ... don't forget that and whenever your world seems unfriendly

please know

Get rest ~

Everyone needs a Zu Zu in their life!

Comment

Originally posted by Zu Zu View Post

The bad news ...
                              '

always....

please know

Get rest ~

This. A thousand times this.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianTrotter View Post

Most people don't know how to act or react to someone having cancer. The majority of people go skipping through life never thinking of their own mortality so when suddenly faced with a friend or loved one having cancer...they choke. They're not sure what they can say without coming across as being flippant or uncaring and some are afraid of sounding like a broken record of everything you've already heard.

You might still get some replies after they've had some time to think about what they will or want to say.
                                This is true, I think. I believe that I react the way that I do toward someone having cancer is because I watched my other die from cancer. She was "only" 34. It became an "unclassified" type I believe, and just went wild. It just gave me a different perspective on many things.

Sannois, I am so sorry to here about your diagnosis. However, as you've seen in this thread, it's not always a death sentence! Especially with medical advancements and technology available to us today. I have also heard of success coming out of various clinical trials if you pursue that route. It's hard not to stress over it, but your doctor may very well develop a good and promising course of action. I really do wish you the best on this journey.

Comment

• Original Poster

Yeah, thanks guys, I figured that was the case. Funny, I am not that way at all.
                                  But everyone deals with things differently.
                                  IT was weird, because I had just gotten letters from both of them. LOL
                                  Ah well. What Zu Zu Said.. I have COTHERS!!!

Comment

Oh well. I reached out.
                                    Don't assume anything. It's email. I just checked mine and realized I hadn't checked it since December. Maybe your friends don't check their email daily or even weekly.
                                    "Random capitAlization really Makes my day." -- AndNirina

Comment

It is kind of strange, at least to me...My parents have had skin cancer, no biggie, it was cut out and done. My neighbor growing up had skin cancer, was in a wheelchair and bedridden from chemo and died at 32. He was tough, strong, lots of family support, and like my big bro. (He took me on my first "date", when I was 7 and had my own cancer scares.)
                                      It's tough when you don't know what to say.

Comment

My friend and I have been best buds for 6 years now, we are very close. We don't pamper or mollycoddle each other but we tend to nag each other when we put off health/medical things. She rags on me to go see the doctor about a sinus infection but when I let her know that the growth on my thyroid has doubled in size and I'm going for a biopsy...silence, she won't talk about it. If she had asked, "Are you okay?" I would have been pleased and I was a little bit hurt that she didn't. If this was happening to her I would be talking about it and asking her how she's doing on a regular basis but I've had cancer and am 23 years clean.

My son has a difficult time dealing with my health so to try and lighten the mood I jokingly told him that if it does come back as incurable we won't have to worry so much about de-cluttering before our big move to Nova Scotia...he wasn't amused.

My neighbour recently had a cancerous growth removed from her bladder and came to me for empathy because her beautiful 34yr old daughter that loves her dearly couldn't handle talking about it with her.

Like Callista said, it is hard when you don't know what to say.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis
                                          It's a small world -- unless you gotta walk home.

Comment

Working...
                                          X