Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

BarnApartmentFront
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Big C! RIP Kim, see pg. 218

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jingles and cancer obliterating prayers coming your way.

Susan

Comment

Cancer survivor here, 3 years out from breast cancer. ZuZu was a great cheerleader for me and now for you!
      My advice...accept help and companionship going to your appointments if it is offered. I should have done that more. I had 33 small radiation treatments consecutively. The techs there were the best most positive people you could wish for!

As others have said, the treatments and care available now are great.

It also helped me to see a couple survivors where I work, just doing fine. I call them "those who have walked this path ahead of me".

Like you, OP, I felt like "I've had a pretty good life. More than a lot of people" but "I still want more" and that's okay. I kept my eye on the positive people. Had also had a volunteer in one of my programs that had had 5 different types of cancer, but kept coming back! All about the attitude.....

Comment

Good thoughts and jingles sent your way Sannois!
        As my sister the MD would say, "colon cancer is one of the "best" cancers one can have" - meaning, it's highly treatable.
        Stay positive, you will beat this!
        Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Comment

Well the bad news is... well it's obvious, the bad news is that you have your scary cancer diagnosis, but the good news is that you have inspired at least one COTHer to schedule a colonoscopy.

For those who are procrastinating, a colonoscopy is a snap. The only bad part is drinking that icky stuff. Next time, I'm going to ask my doctor if I can fast an extra day beforehand and just have the citrus stuff (which is delicious) and maybe half of the icky stuff.

The good part is that after you have done the cleanse you feel like you've just been on a healthy diet, all light and thinner. I walked out of the procedure feeling normal, nothing odd, painful, leaky or gassy down there there afterwards -- just felt normal, and I don't recall needing any recovery time at all.

This year my doctor sent home the Cologuard kit which I procrastinated with for a few months. That was stupid because it couldn't have been easier; the kit includes a collection bowl with a hangar that attaches to your toilet and you poop normally, do a couple of easy packaging steps and send it off. The mailing package and postage is all provided so you just drop it off at I think it was UPS. The most difficult thing about it (and the word "difficult" is a stretch) was remembering to do it early in the week so that the package doesn't arrive on a weekend or holiday.
          "Random capitAlization really Makes my day." -- AndNirina

Comment

Cologuard only tests your genetic percentages.
            Not if you do or don`t actually have it.
            Go, Baby, Go......
            Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Comment

The last discussion I heard about Cologuard was that if it is positive, you MUST go ahead with a colonoscopy. However, if it is negative, it doesn't mean you are squeaky clean. It cannot detect a precancerous polyp, either. It might be useful for someone who absolutely refuses a colonoscopy - but then, if it is positive, what are you going to do?

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by PeteyPie View Post
                Well the bad news is... well it's obvious, the bad news is that you have your scary cancer diagnosis, but the good news is that you have inspired at least one COTHer to schedule a colonoscopy.

For those who are procrastinating, a colonoscopy is a snap. The only bad part is drinking that icky stuff. Next time, I'm going to ask my doctor if I can fast an extra day beforehand and just have the citrus stuff (which is delicious) and maybe half of the icky stuff.

The good part is that after you have done the cleanse you feel like you've just been on a healthy diet, all light and thinner. I walked out of the procedure feeling normal, nothing odd, painful, leaky or gassy down there there afterwards -- just felt normal, and I don't recall needing any recovery time at all.

This year my doctor sent home the Cologuard kit which I procrastinated with for a few months. That was stupid because it couldn't have been easier; the kit includes a collection bowl with a hangar that attaches to your toilet and you poop normally, do a couple of easy packaging steps and send it off. The mailing package and postage is all provided so you just drop it off at I think it was UPS. The most difficult thing about it (and the word "difficult" is a stretch) was remembering to do it early in the week so that the package doesn't arrive on a weekend or holiday.
                So you scheduled one?? Go Petey!!! awesome.
                HUGS!!!!
                Wicky is right, same with those Hemocult tests, those only tell if blood is present, not why.
                I cannot stress enough how freaking easy it was.
                I actually felt so sorry for my doc, he looked wrecked. He is a very nice man.

Comment

Do you have people who can help you through this?

Comment

• Original Poster

Did some therapeutic leaf burning out back this evening. LOVE to do that in the spring.
                    But the weather is supposed to turn nasty again this weekend. What the heck, MArch came in like a lion in Michigan and now is going out like one?

Comment

The magic that are COTH jingles headed your way
                      McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

just wanted to say ... I thought of you several times today ....and I'm sending Jingles.
                        Treat others the way you want others to treat you ~ on your threads !

Comment

Thinking of you and sending you some hugs and jingles. It is nice to hear your ex is supportive. Mine was better after we got divorced too, so much so that we remarried.
                          My BIL had stage 3 or 4 colon cancer. He was diagnosed three years ago and is now cancer free. He looks great and has returned to his life as it was before he was diagnosed.
                          Hang in there, you will get through this!

Comment

Sending hugs and jingles, and healing thoughts.
                            You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by Sannois View Post

So you scheduled one?? Go Petey!!! awesome.
                              HUGS!!!!
                              Wicky is right, same with those Hemocult tests, those only tell if blood is present, not why.
                              I cannot stress enough how freaking easy it was.
                              I actually felt so sorry for my doc, he looked wrecked. He is a very nice man.
                              Oh, sorry, no, not I! Someone else said they did.

I have had a colonoscopy and my doctor prescribed the Cologuard next. As long as everything continues to be clear he said he's going to vary the tests, colonscopy every other time.
                              "Random capitAlization really Makes my day." -- AndNirina

Comment

Hang in there Sannois and don't imagine the worst until you hear it. It's a waste of your time to freak out if later you find that it's not so bad. I've been there... waiting... wait until you know to really think and plan.

For anyone hesitating , it's really not as awful as you think it will be. A night on the toilet (have some movies available) and you sleep through the scope. No biggie. The hardest part for me was finding transport (no family in State) as they won't let you drive afterward and there are only so many people I can ask to drive me to and from a colonoscopy.

Thinking of you.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                  Hang in there Sannois and don't imagine the worst until you hear it. It's a waste of your time to freak out if later you find that it's not so bad. I've been there... waiting... wait until you know to really think and plan.

For anyone hesitating , it's really not as awful as you think it will be. A night on the toilet (have some movies available) and you sleep through the scope. No biggie. The hardest part for me was finding transport (no family in State) as they won't let you drive afterward and there are only so many people I can ask to drive me to and from a colonoscopy.

Thinking of you.
                                  Yes this is awful. not being able to find transport.
                                  And they are a stickler about it. When I was in the office Wed. they have a big sign, Driver MUST stay with patient the entire apointment. meaning you cannot just drop someone off and pick them up.
                                  My discharge instructions, no driving for 12 hours.. Well ha, I could have driven from the appointment.
                                  Ex drove me back to his house, I hopped in the jeep and drove home.
                                  I am sure it is a liability that they are protecting themselves.
                                  The sad thing about my current situation is I felt okay most of the time, BEFORE the Colonoscopy, Now, Eh not so much. Monday I am calling the office. Like one of you great folks told me, must be proactive.

Comment

And they are a stickler about it. When I was in the office Wed. they have a big sign, Driver MUST stay with patient the entire apointment. meaning you cannot just drop someone off and pick them up.
                                    My discharge instructions, no driving for 12 hours.. Well ha, I could have driven from the appointment.
                                    The sad thing about my current situation is I felt okay most of the time, BEFORE the Colonoscopy, Now, Eh not so much. Monday I am calling the office. Like one of you great folks told me, must be proactive.
                                    It is better to follow instructions.

After being put under, no matter how lightly, some times we don't know anything for several hours later, even if we act like we do and could make important mistakes that driving could cause a wreck.

My first time, guess they gave me too much of that stuff and they tell me I was awake right off and fine, we went to eat, then I picked up my mail at the post office and they drove me home.

That evening I looked at the table and there was the mail?
                                    How did it get there?
                                    I didn't remember any of that, leaving the clinic, going to eat and getting my mail or what I did all afternoon.
                                    Did I fed my horses properly and cleaned after them?
                                    I checked and yes, they were fed and cleaned after, but I sure didn't remember any of that at all.
                                    No telling what would have happened if I was driving and had to make a quick decision when I was just not really there?

Next time I told them about that and they gave me less stuff and I was awake right afterwards and fine, no amnesia the rest of the day, like the first time.

One reason for someone there all the time is that some times, they have to do other that requires someone making decisions.
                                    The third time, I had previous abdominal surgery for a mass that ended up not being cancer.
                                    That surgery scrambled my innards so the gastroenterologist "could not get up in there".
                                    They woke me up, my friend had to drive me to the hospital where they finished the colonoscopy the old way, with a barium enema and contrast x-rays.
                                    That is not as good, but second best to find anything there that should not be.

They have reasons for what they do, they have seen it all, so provide for any that may come up.
                                    Better follow directions.

Comment

Driving to the Dentist the day after I had 23 teeth pulled was a realllly bad idea.
                                      Son took me to the surgeon and went to a friends house 1/2 mile away.
                                      Procedure was supposed to take 2 hours.
                                      When they called him 45 minutes later he asked them if I was in an ambulance !!
                                      Nope, they only had to pull 2 teeth and the rest just rolled right out.

I was washed out but coherant for about 3 hours. Except I was forgetting that I had asked him that question or told him the same something 15 minutes earlier.
                                      But the next 36 hours got scary bad coming down from the drugs.

Had to be a FAMILY member, my surgeon refused to allow his proliferol patients to get in a cab with a stranger.

My not wonderful GI guy got heavy handed and left me with bleeding internal abrasions.
                                      But now with medicare coverage starting I can go to the hospital across the street for my next one and walk home.
                                      Can`t do that when your insurance covered GI group is 45 minutes away.
                                      Go, Baby, Go......
                                      Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Comment

Sending some Saturday Jingles ~ hoping you feel better soon
                                        and
                                        YES please call first thing Monday to report your discomfort ....

Jingles & ((hugs)) laced with strength and comfort for Sannois today ~ AO ~
                                        Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Comment

Hope you're feeling better soon...it's a great time to call in a few Mental Health Days!

Take a few days off and get some bird houses hung outside!
                                          Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

Comment

Working...
                                          X