Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

BarnApartmentFront
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Big C! RIP Kim, see pg. 218

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am laughing with you to that "who is that old disheveled woman on that horse"???

Yep, once past a certain age, you really don't want to see any more pictures of you, anywhere, but it is what it is.

Sounds like a lovely horse that one, glad that you got to enjoy the wonderful day so fully.

Hope you got some rest once home.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
      I am laughing with you to that "who is that old disheveled woman on that horse"???

Yep, once past a certain age, you really don't want to see any more pictures of you, anywhere, but it is what it is.

Sounds like a lovely horse that one, glad that you got to enjoy the wonderful day so fully.

Hope you got some rest once home.
      Ain't that the truth Bluey!!! The mind just does not comprehend!

Comment

• Kim, your post made me
        I was thinking of you all day, hoping you were having fun.

Comment

• {{Kim}}

So happy to hear what a wonderful day you had! Must have felt just amazing to get back on a horse.

You? You'll always be "beautiful" in my eyes for how you've handled this phase of your life
          Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

• So glad you had such a good time!

Was the ride smooth like I'm assuming it would be? I've only ridden standardbred pacers and trotters as far as gained horses go, the pacers were the smoothest rides I've ever had.

Where's the pictures??????
            Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

Comment

• YAY!! I'm so very glad that you had a lovely time and that you get to go back for lots more!!! Sounds like a great day!I have never ridden a Paso Fino but have ridden a Peruvian Paso. So easy to sit - it felt like I was doing a sort of fast little hula in the saddle. And the guy I rode, the more you let the reins out the faster he gaited. We wound up just blasting around the arena a zillion mph and unless you looked up at the scenery you would have had no idea at all how fast you were going. What a trip!
              "Cats aren't clean; they're covered with cat spit."
              - John S Nichols (1745-1846,writer/printer)

Don't come for me - I didn't send for you.

Comment

• Yeah for the old disheveled woman on the horse. ON THE horse.

Glad you had a wonderful day.

Susan

Comment

• Sannois - I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day!

And, skydy - thank you for all the music links! I am having fun listening to them.

SCM1959

Comment

• Originally posted by SCM1959 View Post
                    Sannois - I am so happy that you had such a wonderful day!

And, skydy - thank you for all the music links! I am having fun listening to them.

SCM1959
                    Just trying to keep Sannois dancing! or at least tapping a foot and smiling... or smoothly falling asleep...

Here's a quiet tune for the evening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjGcIhxGP3c
                    and another from all of us (don't cry )https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

Comment

• Sannois, are you a religious person? I can't remember. Don't want to offend you with an excellent, amusing, but "atheist" tune. It is not a rude song...

Comment

• Proof that "old" people can rock; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7tFeVLNH5E

Comment

• So glad to hear you had a beautiful day out, I would love to ride a Paso, sounds like a blast.

Now we are working at 2nd level, I really want a mirror in the arena, to check our form.........then I remember the old - fat problem, and have second thoughts.
                          "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

• I'm so glad you had a good ride! He sounds like a nice horse.

Comment

• Kim, so glad you had a great time! Also glad to hear that you can go back for more!

I think most of us grimace at pictures of ourself from time to time and think, what the hell was I doing?

KBC you could also have someone video you. Or rig up a video system/stationary camera. Mirrors are nice for "real time" but I also learn a lot about my riding through video.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBC View Post
                                So glad to hear you had a beautiful day out, I would love to ride a Paso, sounds like a blast.

Now we are working at 2nd level, I really want a mirror in the arena, to check our form.........then I remember the old - fat problem, and have second thoughts.
                                Get the mirrors, you get used to that odd person in the mirror being you.

When we were learning to become riding instructors, we were each other's mirrors.
                                Part of our education was to give running comment on how each other and our instructors were riding.
                                Then we spent every minute not on a horse talking about how things went on the horses.
                                Developing an educated eye was one of the more important steps in our program.

Today, with videos?
                                The world is our oyster, we can see by ourselves.
                                We still need to be hearing different opinions than our own.

Now, when we are just having fun with horses, not trying to learn and teach as the main goal, as in this nice paso ride here?
                                I would not worry what our looks are, channel Horace, go carpe diem!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanteringCarrot View Post
                                  KBC you could also have someone video you. Or rig up a video system/stationary camera. Mirrors are nice for "real time" but I also learn a lot about my riding through video.

Not it sure I can cope with the trauma that often....the second 2nd level we tried, when she wrote "none shown" and gave me a crappy mark.....I was so upset, until I watched the video....what do you know, great neck in, not a lot of shoulder!
                                  "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

• Fabulous update, it sure sounds like a wonderful day was had by all

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                      Sannois, are you a religious person? I can't remember. Don't want to offend you with an excellent, amusing, but "atheist" tune. It is not a rude song...
                                      I am spiritual, I do not follow a religion. But I believe in a higher power, and I am not offended at all!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by CanteringCarrot View Post
                                        Kim, so glad you had a great time! Also glad to hear that you can go back for more!

I think most of us grimace at pictures of ourself from time to time and think, what the hell was I doing?

Well maybe but in my mind I am still the young 42 yr old in my profile photo, I cannot believe how old I look, and I don't feel that old even with this disease, the mind just cannot comprehend aging.

Comment

• Sounds like such a fun day, I am glad it all came together
                                          ~Veronica
                                          "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
                                          http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

Working...
                                          X