Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_1001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Big C! RIP Kim, see pg. 218

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Big C! RIP Kim, see pg. 218

    There, I said it. Cancer. And evidently I have it.
    It was suggested by folks on the Colonoscopy thread to start a separate thread.
    I was hesitant because it seemed to me that I was looking for sympathy. Nope, Just support from wonderful COTHERS. Who after 18 years are my virtual family.
    I would like to hear from anyone who has or has ever had cancer, or was close to someone who did, or does.
    It was discovered yesterday during a colonoscopy. Which was a piece of cake.
    I do not know what stage or anything yet. But it is not something that was just started. I am waiting to hear from the Docs office for the surgeon apointment. and CT scan.
    What I want most is to tell people who say it can never happen to me and I do not need to get tested, BS.
    I just turned 60, and I was the poster child for never going to the doc. Been healthy my whole life never an ilness or surgery. However, I had these odd symptoms that were mild and not bad for the last several years. I only made this appointment when things got painful this winter. Hopefully I can beat it..
    I used to say Ahh, 60 is old enough, I have no family, I have lived a good life. Well, not a good thing to say.
    I feel very different now.
    Like I said I have gotten some wonderful advise from the folks on the colonoscopy thread.
    The most important is to stop planning my demise before I have all the facts.
    I welcome all your comments info and experiences.
    And please please please. if any of you are thinking this will never happen to me, think again. the test is so not a big deal. Cancer is another story. Thanks for letting me vent.
    COTHERS have always been the most supportive bunch I know.

  • #2
    First off, **hug**. Second, you'll get through this.

    I'll write more when I can focus.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, that's not the world's happiest outcome, true. But it's also something many MANY people face down just fine. I don't have specific experience to offer you, but I'll be keeping track of your posts, and you have my best wishes.
      -- Member of the COTH Appendix QH clique and the dressage-saddle-thigh-block-hating clique.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wait to worry until you know more what to worry about.

        Then we will all worry along with you.

        Next seems to be more diagnostics, easy ones, it seems, no more hose one end ones.
        That is something to be thankful for.

        Comment

        • Original Poster

          #5
          Originally posted by Bluey View Post
          Wait to worry until you know more what to worry about.

          Then we will all worry along with you.

          Next seems to be more diagnostics, easy ones, it seems, no more hose one end ones.
          That is something to be thankful for.
          Yes, but I forgot to write this on the other thread. after all that clean out yesterday morning. I decided I would step on the scale. I weighed 8 lbs less than I did a week before. LOL Sadly I am sure that has changed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sannois View Post

            Yes, but I forgot to write this on the other thread. after all that clean out yesterday morning. I decided I would step on the scale. I weighed 8 lbs less than I did a week before. LOL Sadly I am sure that has changed.
            Wow, you must have really cleaned a lot out, good for you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hugs. My mom's best friend is alive and thriving 20 years of a diagnosis of colon cancer (and not super early) in her late 40's

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm glad you got a diagnosis, but sorry it was this one. My BIL had colon cancer a few years ago, had minor surgery, and is doing great still.
                A Fine Romance. April 1991 - June 2016. Loved forever.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am so sorry to hear this, Sannois. Hugs for you.
                  Sheilah

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sannois

                    You got peeps here who are on your team. Chin up. Get more info. We Will know where we are
                    .
                    Do not tell me it can't be done, if I, a raccoon, am doing it. We are all the spider woman raccoon now.

                    --Raccoon proverb.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A friend's mother was diagnosed with stage 4 rectal cancer a few years ago. She had surgery, no colostomy, and has been cancer free through all of the testing since.

                      You can get through this.
                      You can't fix stupid-Ron White

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sannois View Post
                        There, I said it. Cancer. And evidently I have it.
                        It was suggested by folks on the Colonoscopy thread to start a separate thread.
                        I was hesitant because it seemed to me that I was looking for sympathy. Nope, Just support from wonderful COTHERS. Who after 18 years are my virtual family.
                        I would like to hear from anyone who has or has ever had cancer, or was close to someone who did, or does.
                        It was discovered yesterday during a colonoscopy. Which was a piece of cake.
                        I do not know what stage or anything yet. But it is not something that was just started. I am waiting to hear from the Docs office for the surgeon apointment. and CT scan.
                        What I want most is to tell people who say it can never happen to me and I do not need to get tested, BS.
                        I just turned 60, and I was the poster child for never going to the doc. Been healthy my whole life never an ilness or surgery. However, I had these odd symptoms that were mild and not bad for the last several years. I only made this appointment when things got painful this winter. Hopefully I can beat it..
                        I used to say Ahh, 60 is old enough, I have no family, I have lived a good life. Well, not a good thing to say.
                        I feel very different now.
                        Like I said I have gotten some wonderful advise from the folks on the colonoscopy thread.
                        The most important is to stop planning my demise before I have all the facts.
                        I welcome all your comments info and experiences.
                        And please please please. if any of you are thinking this will never happen to me, think again. the test is so not a big deal. Cancer is another story. Thanks for letting me vent.
                        COTHERS have always been the most supportive bunch I know.

                        Last spring Mr P had a higher than usual PSA. He elected to retest in a few months. It was still high. Another blood test, a 4K was mid range. Had a biopsy in Nov, Gleson score 3 + 4. Oncotype testing said that active surveilence was not an option, choice of radiation or surgery. Had the robotic prostatectomy a few weeks ago.

                        Best news: Clean margins.

                        I wish the same for you.

                        And {{{{HUGS}}} it's been a stressful 6 months. He's 71 and no, it's not old enough.
                        I wasn't always a Smurf
                        Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
                        "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
                        The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok, found you.
                          I`m still in.
                          *************************
                          Go, Baby, Go......
                          Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Good of you for having the procedure and here's hoping you get answers and directions from your Doctor ASAP. A High school friend just completed chemo after two surgeries for colon cancer and he is doing very well. Baby steps and prayers for you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My dad was diagnoised back in 05'. He has been clear of anything including polyps since 2012! As far as cancers go, if you're going to get it, colon cancer is one of the "best" (I know, there is no such thing when it comes to cancer) and is highly treatable with one of the best remission rates out there.
                              Talking to some people is like folding a fitted sheet.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Sannois View Post
                                I weighed 8 lbs less than I did a week before.
                                Holy Crap!!!

                                Sorry, couldn't resist...I'll shut up now.
                                Mean Girls grow up to be Mean Women

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  {{Sannois}}

                                  FWIW, not colon cancer but cancer survivor of 59 years

                                  It can be beaten!

                                  I have never gotten the feeling you were looking for sympathy but support for deciding to get the procedure done, support for the prep, support for the anesthesia and now support for the next steps.

                                  We're here to hold your hand as much or as little as you feel you need (and that can change day to day).

                                  It is scary but that's what we're here for!
                                  Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Sannois

                                    I can't stress enough how fond we are of you, and how many friends you have here. Whatever it is diagnostically we are here and will be with you.

                                    Do not tell me it can't be done, if I, a raccoon, am doing it. We are all the spider woman raccoon now.

                                    --Raccoon proverb.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      I am glad you got a diagnosis, but sorry it was this. No personal experience with cancer but have seen many patients come into the ER who were fighting and doing well. Have met many a survivor. You will be there, too.

                                      Right now I am giving you a huge (((((hug))))) and wishing you strength, optimism and positivity. We are here to lift you up.
                                      "Cats aren't clean; they're covered with cat spit."
                                      - John S Nichols (1745-1846,writer/printer)

                                      Don't come for me - I didn't send for you.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Oh Sannois, what a shock. Sending virtual hugs to you and prayers of strength and healing. (Substitute jingles for prayers if prayers are offensive to you...its positive energy either way.).
                                        There was a cother here that had a long thread about rectal cancer...may be in favorites now. Was user name Blackmare, or little black Morgan or something likethat?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X