• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Business As Usual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What/whom are they investigating?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Splash View Post
      What/whom are they investigating?
      Suggest you set aside some time and read all of this marathon thread to bring yourself up to date on what all is going on at that sorry excuse for a track
      "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
      Michael Gill-2010

Comment

• I first found this thread by googling a certain trainer. I wanted to see if there were suspensions, drug positives, or anything of that nature.

Well, I found this thread. I did go back and read page by page to the present. It was intriging, informative, and suspensful. It read like a suspense novel to me, only sadly it is real and the victims are the poor horses and racing at Penn.

I am hoping everyday that things change for the better for our equine athletes and the honest people involved in racing here.

It is also a little sad for me that the thread that helped open my eyes seems to be fading a bit.

For those of you in a position to see the goings on please keep the rest of us up to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE THE HORSES View Post
          I first found this thread by googling a certain trainer. I wanted to see if there were suspensions, drug positives, or anything of that nature.

Well, I found this thread. I did go back and read page by page to the present. It was intriging, informative, and suspensful. It read like a suspense novel to me, only sadly it is real and the victims are the poor horses and racing at Penn.

I am hoping everyday that things change for the better for our equine athletes and the honest people involved in racing here.

It is also a little sad for me that the thread that helped open my eyes seems to be fading a bit.
          You can credit that to the moderators.

Comment

I first found this thread by googling a certain trainer. I wanted to see if there were suspensions, drug positives, or anything of that nature.
            ROTFLMFAO! You wanted to see if somebody was an undesireable lowlife and you found him at Penn National!!! That's great, thanks for the laugh!

Originally posted by Dahoss View Post
            You can credit that to the moderators.
            Yeah you're right. Would've been cool if all the censored and delted stuff was still there and all the banned folks were still here. Truth is though that that crackdown was caused by SB and man in black sicking their lawyers on the website with threats of lawsuits and such.
            "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
            Michael Gill-2010

Comment

• Actually I knew the person was a traqiner at Penn. I wanted to see if they had ever had any positives, as it is so obvious the horses were winning every time you turn around, but not doing so well if claimed. Of course, I did learn some other things by finding this thread, I happen to care what happens at Penn, I'm sorry I gave you such a laugh. I was not looking for some sorry ass low life ans came upon Penn National. It is just possible other people care about these horses and this track.

Comment

Actually I knew the person was a traqiner at Penn. I wanted to see if they had ever had any positives, as it is so obvious the horses were winning every time you turn around, but not doing so well if claimed. Of course, I did learn some other things by finding this thread, I happen to care what happens at Penn, I'm sorry I gave you such a laugh. I was not looking for some sorry ass low life ans came upon Penn National. It is just possible other people care about these horses and this track.
                No need to apologize. Making me laugh is a good thing Lord knows the place doesn't give anybody much to be amused about.

Tell you what, check out the Racing Commissioners International website. On there you'll find a lot of recent rulings. Paulick report can be informative as well.

BTW. Can anybody remember the name of that poor old cripple with the cracked cannon bone that SB gave to Double D to send to a "good home"?
                Remember he then wound up in Boston running for Budrewicz/Longo?
                Any of you remember that one?
                Michael Gill-2010

Comment

• [QUOTE=Profidia;
                  BTW. Can anybody remember the name of that poor old cripple with the cracked cannon bone that SB gave to Double D to send to a "good home"?
                  Remember he then wound up in Boston running for Budrewicz/Longo?
                  Any of you remember that one?[/QUOTE]

STORM RISING

Comment

• Originally posted by suffolk2002 View Post
                    STORM RISING
                    Thanks suffolk
                    Michael Gill-2010

Comment

• Another question folks, can anybody tell me why the corrupt vet isn't allowed on the premises? His associates are still practicing but he's not allowed on the grounds.

Amazingly enough in spite of the place being such a rumor mill the reasoning for this has been kept pretty quiet. Anybody know?
                      Michael Gill-2010

Comment

• What? No comment from anybody yet about the new stall assignments?

I think I'm starting to hear crickets on this thread. Guess nobody cares about this stuff anymore.
                        Michael Gill-2010

Comment

• Well, I care. I don't have means to any inside info

Just a fan that wants to see the game played fairly

Comment

• DITTO

Comment

• Playing catch up

Been sitting back on my heels awhile just reading, but now have time to share some things I have on good authority.

The stud colt Mister Mover, taken off of the Linda Clement farm along with a broodmare of hers and now deceased Unusual DJ at the beginning of the summer, was euthed by the rescue that took him in in mid July due to severe neurological symptoms that became more apparent as he was fed. Looking at his odd race history one has to wonder if he had been exhibiting neurological symptoms all along and the morons that had him under their care simply ignored him, trying to use his bizarre agitation to their advantage on the track.

Not seeing much more on here about SB... heard the other day that now her acceptable form of retiring horses is to send them to Mel Hoover 'to be resold to good homes'. This actually came from her lips. Makes me hurl a little in the back of my throat when I see PA HBPA next to her name.
                              No good deed will go unpunished.

Comment

• Thanks for that info, Driven. I'm very sad to hear of Mister Mover's sad end, As I said I followed him some time back. Sometimes it seems these horses just can't catch a break.

SB doesn't use the retirement program? Nice.

Comment

• They had him at a farm I visit sometimes. He was obviously suffering from some kind of encephalitis. Stall running was a better term to use for him than walking. They said he needed to wear blinders 24/7 towards the end just to keep himself from running himself to exhaustion. Very sad. It really looked like they were starting to make progress with him, I would have taken him after they gelded.
                                  On a related topic, heard the farm he was taken from shut down a month or so ago. Good riddance! Unfortunately LC called Gouch again and sent 6, some in foal and some along with babies at their sides straight to slaughter - and did it pretty quickly without many knowing. Something about leaving the state for a family illness. This woman is sick - wouldn't be surprised if it was for her own mental illness. Last year she had a dam die during foaling. Baby survived. She let the stud's owner know and when he asked what had happened she said she didn't know but he could come cut her open and figure it out if he wanted to. 3 days later he stopped at the farm to check on the baby and the mare was still laying dead in the stall with the baby. Before he grabbed the foal and took it back to his farm he asked LC why. She said she didn't have the equipment to remove the mare nor the stall space to keep the baby, it was fine where it was. Can't imagine the horror that took place over there that we [I]don't[I] know about.

Comment

• Sending to Mel Hoover is apparently a retirement program in Ms President's eyes. She'll get what's coming to her - and I have a feeling pretty soon. She's PO'd too many that have worked closely with her and been burned.

Comment

• What the hell is wrong with these people???

Comment

• Just when you think it can't get any sadder or more disgusting. How can people be so cold and cruel?

I find it horrendous in anyone, but more so in women. I can't imagine what horror that little foal experienced, I'm just grateful someone removed it.

There are many rescues and people who I am sure would take a foal, why not at east try to find help, I just hate hearing of these sickos and their deeds, but at least when we do we know help and consequences are still needed. All is not well.

Comment

• Would like to remind all Dauphin county residents that prosecutor Marsico is up for re-election tuesday. The poor handling and bungling that's occured with this whole PN situation should be remembered on election day folks.

Also, residents of the state of Maine will have a referendum to vote for or against casinos at that states racetracks. I would urge them to vote no. It will be the biggest mistake any state can ever make.

Its been brought to my attention that a few folks have been a little spooked by knowledge that this website is being monitored. I for one am delighted to hear that and welcome those who are looking on as there is quite a bit to be learned here
                                          Michael Gill-2010

Comment

Working...
                                          X