• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Tueflesberg? What happened?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tueflesberg? What happened?

Just caught the tail end of the Keeneland telecast-was there a collision? Did something go down in front of him?

Two fractured sesamoids and at Rood and Riddle, the other wasn't so "lucky".

What the heck happened? Jocks OK?
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I just watched the replay on calracing...Teuflesberg was 3rd and looks like he took a bad step...and then while he was waiting for the van to pick him up, he got away and was running free.
    The other horse Dream of Angels I believe flipped before the race and was put down.
    Last edited by Norcrest; Oct. 6, 2007, 05:31 PM. Reason: adding Dream of Angels name

Comment

Dream of Angels

was the horse that flipped in the paddock and was euthanized.

Comment

Now there is a 3rd a two year old . Broke down shortly into the race. Gold something? They were loading him on the tailer and had him splinted the track Doc was saying it was closed but looked more unstable then Tueflesburgs injury.

What the F#$% so much for how fantastic polytrack is
        "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Comment

• Original Poster

And they said a track worker had his foot run over by the ambulance, headed to the hospital for X-rays.

One flipped and had to be put down? TBerg got loose and was running free on essentially a broken ankle? Track worker hurt?

OMG what a disasterous opening day. Nightmare-see little to do with polyturf here. They are still going to take bad steps-the flip over is awful. Biggest crowd of the year there too.

Any condition updates from R&R? I kind of like that horse.

Comment

Adding I know its not "really" the polytracks fault. Just and aweful day..so far.

Comment

Originally posted by hackinaround View Post
              Now there is a 3rd a two year old . Broke down shortly into the race. Gold something?
              Golden Train
              Nevertheless, she persisted.

Comment

• Original Poster

Ya know, this may be a little like the Del Mar situation over the summer.

It is 90+ and has been for the last couple of days. Weeks and weeks of 90s and NO where near a decent rain in an area that gets an inch or so a week in the summer. Area officially in severe drought.

Maybe the polytrack does, in fact, not do so well in hot dry weather when the base gets dry-only so much water you can put down on a track. The rings at many show barns are crap because the base is so dry-despite multiple waterings and all, just underperforming. I dunno but it's a thought.

Or maybe the two misteps had slight and undiagnosed pre exsisting problems that just needed a little bad luck. Something in good supply today at Keeneland.

Comment

Sounds like T'burg will be operated on and his ankle fused to be able to do stud duty...

Gold Train was put down.
                  View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Comment

What the F#$% so much for how fantastic polytrack is
                    It never was sold to be the magic bullet for fixing the world's ills. In the case of Dream of Angels his "breakdown" if you will was on a rubberized matting in his stall. Go figure.

The fact is you have horses who don't always change leads properly, who do get too close and clip heels, who take bad steps, who slice in between others, who run without logic in packs, and at 35 mph there are going be breakdowns and the like.

I have been a huge fan of Teuflesberg [note the spelling] and hope that he'll be saved. He was a hard working guy that nobody thought much of when he went to auction and proved people wrong as to his talents. He was and remains an underdog in a world of overpriced marginaly talented horses getting all the press and glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Glimmerglass View Post
                      I have been a huge fan of Teuflesberg [note the spelling] and hope that he'll be saved. He was a hard working guy that nobody thought much of when he went to auction and proved people wrong as to his talents. He was and remains an underdog in a world of overpriced marginaly talented horses getting all the press and glory.
                      I echo this sentiment
                      "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Comment

I watched - all very sad. Pray Tberg will do well in surgery and recover for stud duty.
                        I don't understand - how did he get loose after his jockey jumped off and was holding him?

Comment

Just a sad day. Did I hear right that this was only the 2 year old Gold Trains 2nd start?

Comment

Jingles for Teuflesberg!

What a horrible opening day at Keenland... what is it with opening days and breakdowns latey?
                            Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Comment

Just a sad day. Did I hear right that this was only the 2 year old Gold Trains 2nd start?
                              Yeah, I heard that too...
                              View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Comment

Why does everyone keep saying it was opening day? It was not; yesterday was opening day.

Comment

Jingles for the guy, I do like him.

What a sad opening day.
                                  I recognized with despair that I was about to be compelled to buy a horse ~
                                  Edith Somerville and "Martin Ross"

"Momma" to Tiempo, Tucker and Puff, RIP my beautiful Norman 8/2012

Comment

Originally posted by halo View Post
                                    Why does everyone keep saying it was opening day? It was not; yesterday was opening day.
                                    Oops, sorry.
                                    I recognized with despair that I was about to be compelled to buy a horse ~
                                    Edith Somerville and "Martin Ross"

"Momma" to Tiempo, Tucker and Puff, RIP my beautiful Norman 8/2012

Comment

Jingles. I never thought synthetic track could fix everything, but I hate hearing of days like this.

Stuff does happen. I was given a ticket to the 87 Derby as a graduation present. I was up the grandstand from the finish line but near the fence, that bleachers section, just about where Bet Twice knocked Alysheba's legs out from under him. Disaster averted, could have easily gone the other way, and just heat of competition. But my heart is still in my throat watching the replay even years later on video.

And I never can rewatch the last 16th of the 1990 Distaff. I saw it the first time. Once was more than enough.

Were the jockeys okay today?

Comment

It is ironic what happened to Teuflesberg in light of all the disagreements that have been going on between the owners. I know there are a lot of folks that have questioned Jamie Sanders' training of this horse and the other owners wanted to sell him...this has to be a kick in the pants for her. Regardless of all that, I bet she is torn to bits over this.

For those of you that missed the coverage, Jeanine Edwards reported that horsemen from around the track (or something like that) noted that they thought the horse didn't look right (again, something like that) when they saw him on the track a few days ago, or working...or, something like that.....

What a crummy day. What crummy coverage too. I can't believe ESPN STILL has all those sound problems and this new host does nothing for me, infact he is totally annoying.
                                        Anyways, I hope Teuflesberg recovers well-such a gorgeous horse.

Comment

Working...
                                        X