• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

TB's I Have Known - [FB PAGE STARTED w/ Database!!! - update on 1st post]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww! If you don't mind PTing me with your e-mail address, I will pass it on to his adopter. I'm sure she'd love to hear about Brodie's mom and his foalhood.

Here's another pic of him, relaxing on the farm just after he left the track:

http://www.canterusa.org/newengland/.../BrocatNew.jpg

All the CANTER volunteers figured he must have been very well-handled in his early years. He had really great manners, and was extremely sociable and people-oriented. Apparently, he still is - after having some time off to relax and grow (unlike his mama, he is definitely NOT a petite little thing, and sprouted up to well over 16 hands), he's just started his under-saddle training and his adopter said he is "an angel" to ride.

Originally posted by K~2 View Post
    And this is why I love a thread like this! That's great to hear that he's found a loving home. I was there when he was born. His mother was one of the daintiest, most petite mares in the barn.

Comment

recently adopted. . .

All adopted b/w '2000-2006:

Addicks '99 chestnut gelding (retired 2006)
      Big Hunter '01 chestnut filly (retired 2004)
      Inaugural Warrior '00 dk. bay gelding (retired 2004)
      Saucy Champ '95 dk. bay gelding (retired 2000?)

Anyone?? We love them all--all awesome athletes and obviously loved

Comment

Here are some that are at the top of my head that I either galloped or groomed back in the 80's but what the hay, someone might remember them

Osseo
        Touch of Mist
        Domalero
        Iggy Jig
        Volk
        Sunny Bayou
        Lovely Nurse (Gander's Mama)
        Slaughterhouse
        Rendina
        Believe I'm Crafty
        Arabianco
        Yaang Plugged
        ?Wisdom?
        Capital Offense
        Prarie Time
        Happy Fleet
        Speedy Cheese
        Racetrack Romeo
        Diddle Dee

looking for-
        Tropical Heatwave (not the one that was adopted from CANTER/NE a couple of years ago, the one I'm looking for is a teenager
        Arifi
        Cyclone Point
        Sharpened Luck
        Spirit's Miss

I know where they are,but does anyone know them
        Freda Z
        Docaroundtheclock
        Speedy Mark
        Mal Irish
        Bumpus Road
        Bold Jumper
        Twice Slewed

Comment

SPRITE

Sober Jig--could that be Sober Jig Too-swaybacked grey mare?

Comment

Spooked-

I don't know, lol. The Sober Jig I knew WAS a grey mare, and she'd be 30 this year so I wouldn't be surprised if she was swaybacked. I knew her about 15 years ago, she was a sweetie then. She was at Delehanty Stock FArm in upstate NY.

She was by Jig Time out of Sober Flame, and is the dam of the unfortunately named 2000 filly Autistic Girl.

I wish I had a picture of her, then we could compare!
            ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

Comment

sprite

No, you'd remember the sway back, I galloped her back in 1987 and she definately was swaybacked then. One of the worst I've seen. She was sweet, although she was not one of my favorites as she made me infamous-I believe my record for getting run off the longest distance still holds!! Bad me for being out late the night before but the outrider was clueless!!!! Although she did finally break her maiden next time out!!! I believe she was a 3 year old then.

Comment

I have three CA OTTBs
                Emperical Hope (1989 dark brown gelding Empire Glory x Princess Tulle)
                At Dawn (2000 bay gelding Robannier x Halo At Dawn) he won quite a bit in SoCal
                Krismenow (2001 chestnut mare Dance Floor x Crystals of Ice) She is a full sister to Somethinaboutlaura who sold for $375,000 and is doing really well on the track.
                Kelli
                Horse Drawings!

Comment

Rescued out of the kill pen:
                  Luna Joe, 1998 gelding
                  Breeder: JoAnne Patton Family Trust (CA)
                  2005, when last raced: Claimed by William R. Cory for William R. Cory
                  Owner: Angela Maria Aquino
                  Trainer: Angela M. Aquino

John The Artist, 1996 gelding by Stop the Music http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...pete/Feb-4.jpg
                  Breeder: Dr. R. Bockel & Dr. T. Driscoll (IL)
                  2002, when last raced: Owner: Okawaki, William and Linda
                  Trainer: William N. Okawaki

This mare, unreadable tattoo, approx 15 years old. Bay with big irreguylar blaze, white sock and white ankle behind. Big, sturdy, kind mare.
                  http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...rystal021a.jpg
                  http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Crystal008.jpg
                  http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Crystal002.jpg

Lame on LH stifle and semi-fused RF ankle. Came through an auction, maybe from Minn (but could have come from almost anywhere).
                  This mare was well broke to ride and a gem to be around. She's gone to a wonderful retirement home.

Desert Spark- 2001 Chestnut gelding, from AZ

----------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh yeah:

Gofin Around, big chestnut gelding, maybe a 9 yr old now?

I knew a lot of babies o/o Friendly Lover. I can't remember many names right now.

Comment

I forgot a couple...
                      Rotsaluck was a really good sprinter in California and wound up running for $2500 in AZ. I bought him privately before he was going you-know-where.
                      Two the Twist was an awesome New York-bred. I got him for the girl who used to gallop him. Unfortunately he died not long after that (he was in his mid-teens when his race trainer decided to finally retire him) but at least he had a wonderful home with a person who adored him.

Comment

horses...

Originally posted by jenarby View Post
                        These are some that I knew years ago (at Laurel Park) and wonder about:

Fortunate Outlook
                        Auto Train
                        One Tuff Oop
                        Mt. Airy Night
                        Bold and Gorgeous

One I rode as a kid:

Greek Drama

And a few that were claimed off of my family:

Stode's Baba
                        Chief Rainbow
                        My Girl Quigly

I currently have(riding horses):

Lord Hansel
                        Formal Raise
                        I galloped One Tuff Oop and Bold and Gorgeous!!! One Tuff Oop stood at stud at Summer Wind Farm and is now in Virginia, I cant remember the farm name off hand, if you google his name you might find him! Bold and Gorgeous went on to be a broodmare in Kentucky. I havent seen her in the past two years, but was trying to keep track of her for awhile... Who are you? Have a feeling we know each other

Comment

i too have several off the track guys.

gallant laddie- ran until he was 7.
                          bea slick- never raced, just trained.
                          won to win- from north hampton 2 yrs. ago
                          zig a little- also from north hampton
                          don guys thunder- never ran, bought him unbroke.
                          daring lady- my broodmare- never raced-foundered as a 2 yr.old.

some i have sold

spirit lives
                          short stop- steeple- chase
                          there are so many more, but my brain is oh so tried.
                          www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Comment

These are a few I knew mostly from NJ in mid-90's :

Landing Mate
                            Signa (Cigna?)
                            Lotsa Pasta
                            Jessica's Two Step
                            Camelot North

Speedratic -raced in Cali in late 80's (deceased)
                            ]

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by haligator View Post
                              Hiya,
                              Well, this is a sorta-kinda response - are Smoke Him Joe and Joe Also both by Cool Joe? I knew Cool Joe (nice Mid-Atlantic horse, sired a Grade I winner - El Huevos?).

Is Flying Max by Flying Pidgeon? Flying Pidgeon is doing well at Old Friends and is in the Calder Hall of Fame. I have one of his halters

Hallie McEvoy
                              Racing Dreams, LLC
                              Flying Max is by Jade Hunter

Joe Also is by Le Maestro

Smoke Him Joe is by Fighting Fit

The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

Comment

I narrowed my list down to some of my favorites that I have lost track of. I would love to know where they are if anyone knows of them

April Surprise - dk bay gelding
                                Bubwiser - dk bay 2001 filly (Beefchopper x Ria Slam)
                                Conner - 1999 grey mare (Pleasant Expense x Illusions of Blue)
                                Clancy's Comet - grey gelding
                                Del Mar Darling - bay mare (? x Fast Sis)
                                Enuf Dancin - bay gelding (Supremo x ?)
                                Hold the Gold - bay mare (Ore Grade x ?)
                                Kid Maverick - 2000 bay gelding (Crowning Season x Hope Swells)
                                Lyps and Spots - chestnut gelding (Prince Stanley x Funny Spots)
                                Lucy's Delight - dk bay mare
                                Money Plays - bay mare (Mr. Easy Money x Healthnwealth)
                                Ms Easy Money - dk bay mare (Mr. Easy Money x ?)
                                Manila Royal - chestnut mare with no tail
                                Our Game Plan - bay mare (Game Plan x ?)
                                One More No More - bay gelding (Game Plan x Vying for Money)
                                Powder Charge - bay mare (? x Dawvee)
                                Pleasant Expense - bay horse (Pleasant Colony x Costly Shoes)
                                Prevasive Force - dk bay gelding (Banner Bob x ?)
                                Royaltys Rascal - bay gelding (Key to the Mint x ?)
                                Stehekin Chill - bay gelding
                                Sea of Kisses - grey mare (Cisco Road x Kaleigh Jo)
                                Very Victoria - bay gelding.

I TRIED to narrow the list down. There are so many more that touched my heart and my life.

These are the TB's that I own:

Crystal Quack - 1984 dk bay mare
                                Folly's Syn - Chestnut Mare
                                Carrie Ann - Chestnut Mare
                                Vying for Money - dk bay mare
                                Wnrwnrchckndnr - 2001 grey mare
                                Bacpac - 2004 bay mare

Comment

Here are ones I have adopted, fostered, or friends of mine have maybe you guys know one or two of them.

Diamond Diplomat
                                  Offield
                                  Aunt Marguerite
                                  Tex Notch
                                  Find the Treasure
                                  Regal Command
                                  Favorite Guy

Comment

OMG someone has Luna Joe? Love that little horse!!!

I'll just mention the ones I have currently....

Patrick's Slew
                                    Fu Man Slew
                                    Puff of Smoke

Comment

A list of favorites ride, both past and present, in no particular order:

Southern Highmark
                                      MacStylish
                                      Delta Style
                                      Devilish Approach
                                      Magnetic Image

Beasts that I own right now:
                                      Incredible Tale
                                      Key Bar Zagor
                                      Border Reiver
                                      "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Comment

Originally posted by Tux61096 View Post

Bravaro
                                        Was this a big grey gelding? When I was at Laurel many moons afgo we had a gelding who's name was something like this.....My memory isn't helping right now but this horse's name is so familiar...
                                        RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Comment

Anybody remember these guys?

Alnaab Country Bouquet<- have his/her halter ???
                                          Metal Slew
                                          Colormesunny light bay
                                          Belle of the Glen
                                          Belle's Best Bet
                                          San Anita
                                          San Anita's Secret
                                          Sowho'syournextex?
                                          ahh I can't remember everyone. :/
                                          Last edited by Equine Obsession; May. 13, 2007, 07:14 PM. Reason: Forgot one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X