• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

TB's I Have Known - [FB PAGE STARTED w/ Database!!! - update on 1st post]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB's I Have Known - [FB PAGE STARTED w/ Database!!! - update on 1st post]

UPDATE: I have started a Spreadsheet so that we can have a Master List. It can be edited by anyone, so let's see if we can all add to it, with out it getting trashed. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvEQvR7Wztv8dEhQYUxRX0ZQZHRyZGVIWnB6THpkd FE#gid=0

***Click the link in my sig line below, to go to our NEW FACEBOOK PAGE. ****

I once found a TB I galloped, at Re-Run in Ky. I contacted the director there, and td her everything I knew about him, and also gave her my contact I do for any potential adopters. Not long after a woman contacted me, and eventually adopted him. She later told me that it was hearing all of my stories about his early years that sealed the deal for her.

UPDATE - Thanks to catknsn, we now have a list of every TB that has been named on this thread, so far. If you would like to add a TB - or TBs - please post their names on this thread, or contact catknsn.

The Link to the ***OLD*** COTH TB's We Have Known List is: http://www.pretzelkitty.com/cothlist.html

Seeing how small the horse community really is, I thought it would be neat if we could post all the Thoroughbreds we have trained/ridden/owned and cared for, and compare notes. Who knows....you may find out what hapened to that TB you once galloped years ago.

I'll start:

Aqui
    Axe Master
    B.B.'s Pleasure
    Bubba Do
    Cautious Val *R.I.P my friend *
    Colonial Stand
    Delightazuma
    Delightfully Irish
    Dirty Bird
    Feeling His Oats
    Flying Max
    French Warpaint
    Grooming Kneedles
    Happy Club
    Hawaiian Query
    Itsonlyachip
    Joe Also
    Keratonic
    Killer Creek
    Lac Azure
    Lady Love
    Latin Maiden
    Latin Beauty
    Leading Easy
    Lindy Beam
    Lizzie Did It
    Lost Sonnet
    Master Rasper
    Minority Stock (He was my FAVORITE, and one that I would LOVE to find)
    Miss Bishop
    Money Magnet
    Mt. Mompers
    Naughty Mist
    Nicole's Pleasure
    Painted Portrait
    Patton's Charge
    Pinched
    Repeat Peteski
    Rico Raider *R.I.P Major*
    Rio Grill
    Savash
    Senor WIll
    Shannon's Fame
    Sharp Playgirl
    Short Street
    Sing Moon
    Smoke Him Joe
    Steel Bonnet
    Sweetalkin' Abby
    U So Bad
    U SO Fine
    Weelaunch

Well, those are it for now...I'll add more later, as I think of them.
    Last edited by Freebird!; Jan. 11, 2013, 08:17 PM. Reason: To Add link to Master List Spreadsheet
    The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

Haven't met any of those, but wondering if anyone has worked with my horse's sire, Bounding Basque (now deceased--raced in the mid 80's) or any
    of his progeny?

And a horse named Fort Metfield that was still racing several years ago--
    gorgeous horse! Saw him at Lone Star and he took my breath away that day.

Comment

ummmm let see.... These are old horses that we owned, trained, etc.....

Act Straight-still have( mama)
      Naked Inspiration- Still have- his new show name is Naughty By Nathan
      Counting on Brian- Still have- He new s/n is Hot Topic.
      Mama's Babies-
      Concordes Act
      Concoordes Bound
      Give me A Buck- he is now I think a Amatuer/Owner I would love to see how he is. There is no Tattoo, he was never raced, but was in training. He is about 17.2 hands with a broken off centered strip. I dont have any pics of him on the computer, I will get some soon
      Winning Desting

Other horses
      Canaros sp? I was young
      Dutchess Nicole
      Banjo Jr.
      Silver Captian
      Mesmeric Shadow
      The Shadow Knows
      California Catch
      Bold Cutlass
      Destiny's Way
      Super J.R
      Sonic Jet
      Hockley's Pride
      Satins Countess
      Columbus Quest
      Desert Fun
      Cherokke Indigo
      Billy Romantico

will think of more
      http://community.webshots.com/user/chyactnate

Comment

Wow, I don't think there is enough room to list who I've ridden (to be honest I do'nt think I can remember all their names) but here are my top faves (ones I've galloped or own as broodmares):

Private Emblem
        Ruby Ruby Doo
        Forever Bertie
        Kisses for Bertie
        Grades Gold
        Boone's Diamond
        JP's Way
        Helen's Mill
        Storm Fleet
        Our Eden
        Ghazi Osbourne
        Sawgrass
        To get in the winners' circle you must first get into the gate

Comment

I've known some lovely OTTBs, but I'll only post my current guy:

Bankhisego (Bold Ego- Casus Belli, by Caucasus)
          Raced in New Mexico in 2001.
          SportHorseRiders.com
          Taco Blog
          *T3DE 2010 Pact*

Comment

I couldn't EVER post my whole list. If anyone has a Pacific Northwest horse, though, I might know it.

BasqueMom, we have either a half- or full-sister to Bounding Basque. She's not any trouble.
            It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Comment

Freebird! Was Delightfully Irish a big chestnut (16.3) gelding w/a hind sock and a star/stripe? Very handsome. If so, I think I own him now!
              "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
              ---
              The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Comment

I just have a couple that I wonder about....

Especially Honored
                Special Cure
                Special Power
                Lunar Spook
                Ayanka
                Red Bandana

Comment

I have seen some horses I train on this forum in the Hunter/Jumper having a useful 2nd career CND jumper has one of my favorites, her reg name was Little Gusher. Glad some one loves her
                  https://www.facebook.com/russellracingstable

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by EqTrainer View Post
                    Freebird! Was Delightfully Irish a big chestnut (16.3) gelding w/a hind sock and a star/stripe? Very handsome. If so, I think I own him now!
                    Nope. Delightfully Irish was a mare that my husband and I bred, that ended up maturing at 14.2 1/2 hands. After my husband and I seperated I gave her back to husband who donated her to some woman in Athens I think, though I haven't anything more about her. She's 7 and a light bay with a checkmark on her forhead. I sure miss my Maggie Mae.

Comment

Freebird- When did you have Master Rasper?

I remember him from his days owned by Kinross Farm and being a steeplechaser.

Comment

I galloped on a training farm and didn't know most of their JC names (plus it was 20 years ago!) But here are a few I did know from that farm:

Tandis Que
                        Bunratty
                        Putting Green
                        Endless Love
                        Ecleo
                        Bold American

These guys we own now but they are all 15-20 yrs. old!

Count Glen
                        Snowden's Carter
                        Blacken Sword
                        \"And indeed the love that the horses of the Rangers bore for their riders was so great that they were willing to face even the terror of the Door , if their masters\' hearts were steady as they walked beside them.\" The Return of the Ki

Comment

Here is my list:

Ivana Scavar
                          Mapso's Pride
                          College Point
                          Mask Dancer
                          Royal Cozzene
                          John Karavas
                          Labor Lady
                          Metropolitan Lady
                          Princess Corbett
                          Blues Beauty Allly
                          Hull Street Blues
                          Harvard Mistress
                          D'Greeable
                          Loving Empress
                          Magical Thunder
                          Fast Buck Sam
                          Another Nickle
                          Key to Profit
                          Z'Gel
                          Rio Gal
                          Dollar n' a Dream
                          Buggy Ray
                          Emma M
                          Final Silver
                          Freebee
                          Even on Sundays

All NY bred, miss some of them a whole lot.

Comment

These are some that I knew years ago (at Laurel Park) and wonder about:

Fortunate Outlook
                            Auto Train
                            One Tuff Oop
                            Mt. Airy Night
                            Bold and Gorgeous

One I rode as a kid:

Greek Drama

And a few that were claimed off of my family:

Stode's Baba
                            Chief Rainbow
                            My Girl Quigly

I currently have(riding horses):

Lord Hansel
                            Formal Raise
                            RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Comment

• Original Poster

Awww

Originally posted by SteeleRdr View Post
                              Freebird- When did you have Master Rasper?

I remember him from his days owned by Kinross Farm and being a steeplechaser.
                              Awwww.......I haven't seen him since he was a weanling. He and his dam, With Love belonged to my boss - the trainer of the farm I galloped/worked at, and also the father of my H/J instructor. We called him Derby at the farm, and he was a pistol! He would beat up on the other babies - as well as his mama, lol - and even broke my finger when he decided to rear up one day and my finger got in the way. We always said he would be a great 'chaser, with his build.

Comment

He did fairly well as a chaser. I can't remember if Kinross sold him or he got claimed...but I remember him being a PITA at the races. But...Neil does really well with horses that have quirks. I think all of his really nice racers have all had something funny about them (I think it's Sur La Tete that is clostraphobic (sp?)).

You all are going to make me think to remember all the ones I've ridden. That's a BIG list! I'll get back to work and think on it...and post back

Comment

So here is a partial list:

Fontaine Keys
                                  Avery
                                  French Connection
                                  Frank de Huff
                                  Greek Mytholody
                                  Pascala
                                  Muzzleload
                                  Classy Ivor
                                  Ziggy's Berry Boy
                                  Mr. Rokeby
                                  Ironfist
                                  Nebrasska
                                  Delta Wheel
                                  Leper
                                  A Musical Pole
                                  Sassy JR
                                  Gol Lee
                                  You Old Smoothie
                                  My Mogul
                                  Where's the Wire
                                  I'm Telling
                                  Amends Morning
                                  Frozen Fighter
                                  Brance
                                  Mocha Donut
                                  January's Sweetheart
                                  American Ice
                                  Classical Queen
                                  Maidthebest
                                  No No Josephine
                                  Orinoco Man
                                  Speedy Returns
                                  Token Treasure
                                  Half a Case
                                  Blue's Creek
                                  Stormy Dan
                                  Bravehaus
                                  Voodoo Spell
                                  Chloe's Choice
                                  Nunya Business
                                  Jolly Way
                                  Spring Stream
                                  Renique
                                  Leed's Creek
                                  Mortar Board
                                  Virginia Grand
                                  Slady's Blue Boy
                                  Alden's List
                                  Lad Lanigan
                                  Altair

And many many more that I'm blanking on at the moment...

Comment

Would anyone out there know about my two guys -

Desert Bloomer - CA bred raced at Golden Gate, Bay Meadows and Emerald Downs

At The Ready - bred in Kentucky, last training at Emerald Downs

Any information would be great!!!

Comment

Most of mine are broodmares.

Podeica
                                      Sober Jig (probably deceased)
                                      Crypto Game
                                      Tray Bone
                                      Perfect Arc
                                      Celtic Bronze
                                      Booly
                                      Joyce's Dream (last known eventing under the name Maximum Flight Pay)
                                      Dark Palette
                                      Southern Tradition
                                      Deceptive Stroke (last seen racing over timber about 5 yrs ago)
                                      Kind Permission (not his registered name, last known eventing in Area I 3? yrs ago)
                                      ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

Comment

The TB's I have known

Here they are...not as many as some of y'all

The first three are by Vanlandingham

Diamondham (aka Northlight, my advanced event horse)
                                        Miss Muscles
                                        Van Van

Trippiontherug
                                        A Shore Thing
                                        Brandenburg Gate
                                        Don Guys Bucky
                                        Slew Plate Special
                                        Whisper Inthesand

I'm sure there are more, but this is a start

Johanna
                                        "Animals can sometimes take us to a place that we cannot reach ourself"

** Support the classic Three Day Event! Ride a Long Format **

Comment

Working...
                                        X