• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Grand National Aintree this Sat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand National Aintree this Sat.

Does anyone have any ideas at to where i can watch the race.

On TV or online.

Thanks.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

Yes. On justin.tv the channel known as Boxing Guru
    http://www.justin.tv/boxingukguru
    will be streaming all three days of racing from Aintree (all the races shown on the BBC anyway.)

I don't know the exact "stream address" (not sure if that's the correct phrase) but, as soon as I do on Thursday morning, I'll post it here. He does a great stream, he covered Cheltenham a few weeks ago.
    Member of Book Worms Clique and proud member of INCREDIBLE INVISIBLES.
    Mr Wigglebottom 1999-2010. Once in a lifetime cat. Much loved, much missed.

Comment

http://www.freefootball.org/events/2..._National.html

How to watch Aintree The Grand National

Are you looking for a Aintree The Grand National Free live streaming link? Then you have come to the correct place. You can watch a live online stream of Aintree The Grand National right here. The is no need to look anywhere else. The links for the event appear above.

Here at Freefootball.Org we make it possible for you to watch Live Sports Broadcasts from all over the world completely free including Aintree The Grand National.

No matter where you are you can watch Aintree The Grand National online. All that you need is a computer with internet access – no cables or additional hardware is required!

You can even watch Aintree The Grand National online without installing any additional software. That's right, the majority of events are avalable with no additional software required.

All that you will need to do to watch Aintree The Grand National is decide which channel you want to watch Aintree The Grand National on and then click Play. The stream for Aintree The Grand National will then start. It really is completely free and really is that simple.

All links to the streams for Aintree The Grand National remain hidden until approximately 90 minutes before the Aintree The Grand National event starts.

When the links to the stream for the Aintree The Grand National live broadcast event are shown, the general rule that will let you know if you need extra software installed is to look at the first column on our schedule - the one that says P2P. If that column says YES then you will need to install the software for the application that is listed in the fourth column - The one that says Type. If you have that application installed then just click play and the stream for Queens Park Rangers Vs Sheffield United will start.

If the P2P column says NO then you normally will not need anything else installed to watch Aintree The Grand National. Just click Play and the stream will start if it is broadcasting.

There is no catch. It really is that simple to watch Aintree The Grand National.

There are all different types of applications that might be used to provide you with a stream of the Aintree The Grand National event. Examples of the applications that are used to stream the Aintree The Grand National event for you to watch completely free are:
      Justin TV, Ustream, Sopcast, TVAnts, Vexcast, Veemi, Veedocast, Veetle, Freedocast, Castamp, Mips, Vshare, Meevos, Aliez, Boxlive, Espa, Limev, Makeitlive, Webcaston, Bambuser, Directon, Wii-Cast, YYCast, Zonein, PPLive, PPStream, PPMate, StreamTorrent, UUSee, TVU and several more.

New applications to stream events like Aintree The Grand National are released frequently. Fortunately most do not need to be installed on your PC.

You only need to have the actual application that is being used to bring you the Aintree The Grand National live broadcast stream if the P2P column say YES. The only exception to this rule is when the stream is being brought to you from an Embedded stream. When you choose a channel that has a Type of Embedded it is possible that you will still need additional software installed but if that is the case the embedded player will tell you what is needed in order to play the stream.

If you want a stream of Aintree The Grand National in HD then streams are often streamed in HD, particularly those streaming via the Veetle application.

You can watch the Aintree The Grand National live telecast coverage on your pc from anywhere in the world. If a link has country restrictions then the schedule will tell you that.

This really is the best streaming webcast schedule on the internet.

We hope you will enjoy the Aintree The Grand National live telecast stream. Check out our full schedule for additional streams when Aintree The Grand National highlights may be shown.

Aintree The Grand National live online streaming is just one of many events that we provide the links for completely free. While this page provides you with the links to see the Aintree The Grand National live webcast, our full schedule provides more streams and more links to those streams than any other site! That is quite a claim but one that we know is true.

This page will provides you with more links than any other site to watch the Aintree The Grand National live telecast coverage. The rest of our schedule provides the links for many many more free live streams for all kinds of sports.

Our team work tirelessly to bring you the best possible schedule for the live streaming Aintree The Grand National links.

The online free live stream Aintree The Grand National links in our schedule are rated out of 10 with a channel link rating of 10 being the best. Therefore your choice to watch the live stream Aintree The Grand National has been made easier. Quite simply better than any other site on the internet.

The Aintree The Grand National links appear above. So enjoy the channel you choose and please come back and use our site again.
      ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

• Original Poster

Thank you very much.
        \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

Comment

When I wrote them to thank them fot the Cheltenham coverage, HRTV said they were planning to cover all of Aintree....

Starts at 10 AM EDT Thursday.
          madeline
          * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

Comment

For anyone who is interested....Live stream from Aintree:

http://www.justin.tv/boxingukguru#/w/1053894528

or

http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv2.html

for stream in 750x500

Comment

what time does it go off?

Comment

The National? 4:15 (British time) on Saturday.

Comment

What is that EST?

Comment

As noted by another poster HRTV will be airing the Grand National - Saturday April 9th: HRTV Calendar

10:00 AM - COVERAGE OF THE GRAND NATIONAL STEEPLECHASE FROM AINTREE, UK. LIVE.
                    I assume the times are Eastern.

2011: field of 40 Runners and Jockeys for the John Smith's Grand National; plus reserves

http://www.aintree.co.uk/pages/grand-national/

Comment

Good site; http://www.attheraces.com/index.aspx?ref=splash
                      ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have HRTV , so I have to rely on the stream I found and posted earlier.

However, it is very good, so anyone who would like to see all the races and cannot get HRTV, feel free to stop by.

Comment

Just for the record, HRTV is showing all the races as well. And from 10 edt to noon, there's lots more steeplechase racing from England as filler...
                          madeline
                          * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

Comment

Good quality live feed here.... http://www.kiiwii.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Drvmb1ggl3 View Post
                              Good quality live feed here.... http://www.kiiwii.co.uk
                              Btw, that link is the BBC feed. HRTV is probably showing the RUK/ATR feed and commentary. BBC has some exceptional camera work.

Comment

Looks like they had at least 1 equine fatality. Bypassed 2 fences, one of which had a large form covered in a tarp on the other side and another with panels up on the far side of the fence. :/
                                Blog: My journey with two OTTB's

Comment

2 equine fatalities. One being Ornais.
                                  "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Comment

Yes. I had to switch to the kiwi feed, was grateful for that.

I am a big horse racing fan and the National is my biggest day of the year, so I am feeling very sad right now. I will defend steeplechasing and the National until the end of days but I still mourn the loss of horses. It is a difficult position to be in.

Dooneys Gate was the other fatality, at Bechers.
                                    Last edited by Lcsd114; Apr. 9, 2011, 12:14 PM. Reason: More to add

Comment

Both the fatalities were rank outsiders, which probably means they were not good enough to run in the first place.

I hate when connections put their pocketbook above the horse's safety and enter horses who can't even win a hunter chase (Ornais), yet expect them to be able to get around a 4 and a half mile tough chase.

Comment

Thanks for all the links

I wasn't able to pull up the Aintree link, but then HRTV swerved back into it at the last minute.
                                        I am not a passionate 'chase follower, but I do love to watch the good'uns jump so spectacularly as if it were nothing.
                                        Do they have any upward number of what they will not allow to start? 60? 80? And are there no conditions? Such as the one fatality listed above. Can't they work on this before PETA beats them to it? Don't think me a crank, but I do think it is nearly criminal when it is known there will be fallers that anyone with an entry fee can seemingly get in.
                                        Another killer of threads

Comment

Working...
                                        X