Sport Horse Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_0213

Sale Spotlight

index
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Ferdinand again? Slaughter in Korea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ferdinand again? Slaughter in Korea


    This Tells way more about the fate of the race horses in Korea then I’d like to think about. Call me naïve, but this is disgusting…

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...EAT-Korea.html
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
    www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
    http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

  • #2
    A nit in the article... horses that are half siblings have the same dam, not the same sire.

    Doesn't justify the behavior but, for me, gives the article a little bit less credence and validity.
    Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post
      This Tells way more about the fate of the race horses in Korea then I’d like to think about. Call me naïve, but this is disgusting…

      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...EAT-Korea.html
      You know that Daily Mail is a Tabloid rag, right?

      Comment


      • #4
        The fact that South Korea has laws regarding humane horse slaughter is a positive, I think.

        ...and yes, Winx and Zenyatta do not have "hundreds" of half siblings.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry but just the fact the PETA has anything to do with the article raises red flags 🚩
          They are well known to purposely set up abuse videos just to try & support their agenda.

          Comment


          • #6
            PETA? Daily Mail? Not exactly factual, unbiased sources.
            "Good young horses are bred, but good advanced horses are trained" Sam Griffiths

            Comment

            • Original Poster

              #7
              Well I really don’t give a damn about PETA I will say that my threshold or tolerance for this kind of treatment of horses is very low. So, regardless as to whether this is a rag or not, I find this completely unacceptable. Carry-on
              Last edited by ASB Stars; Sep. 14, 2019, 11:42 AM. Reason: PETA turned into Peter!
              When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
              www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
              http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with OP. Horses and dogs and cats all eaten there. Like the hog and cattle pens here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post
                  Well I really don’t give a damn about Peter I will say that my threshold or tolerance for this kind of treatment of horses is very low. So, regardless as to whether this is a rag or not, I find this completely unacceptable. Carry-on
                  Dear, It's PETA, People for Ethical Treatment of Animals.

                  Information is only as good as its source.
                  Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

                  Remember the horse does all the work, we just sit there and look pretty.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post
                    Well I really don’t give a damn about Peter I will say that my threshold or tolerance for this kind of treatment of horses is very low. So, regardless as to whether this is a rag or not, I find this completely unacceptable. Carry-on
                    Understand that PETA is not against animal abuse.
                    They themselves abuse when is convenient to promote their agenda, as stealing pets and killing them so no one has any.
                    Some times they have promised people that surrender their pets they will find them a better home, then euthanizing them.

                    Their goal is no more animals in human hands.

                    Most in this world understand that abuse of any kind is abhorrent.
                    Abuse happens where abusers get a chance to abuse.
                    Those men may just go home and beat their wives and kids, abusers just abuse.
                    I too wonder if that was not one more set up for PETA propaganda, something that has been known to happen.
                    PETA's answer when caught has been, "well, it could have happened".

                    Definitely whoever is running that plant needs to insure that can't happen no matter why, if it really did or was one more PETA set-up to abuse the credibility of the general public and garner supporters, as this thread wanted to be.

                    As for abusers of any kind, I hope laws have a good bite there.
                    Recidivism is high for abusers, they need to be put away for long time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It’s been written about before, and sadly isn’t propaganda from PETA. The information is public in Korea if a racehorse goes to slaughter, so you can confirm it yourself if you question whether the story is sensationalized.

                      Such a tremendous waste.

                      https://deadspin.com/why-are-good-yo...0-m-1834225917

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I’ve tried twice to post an article from Deadspin about this, but I’m getting unapproved messages. The records in Korea are public on the fate of its racehorses, so it’s quite easy to confirm whether a horse has been killed.

                        https://deadspin.com/why-are-good-yo...0-m-1834225917

                        Comment

                        • Original Poster

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Where'sMyWhite View Post
                          A nit in the article... horses that are half siblings have the same dam, not the same sire.

                          Doesn't justify the behavior but, for me, gives the article a little bit less credence and validity.
                          I think that since most people don't know about how these relationships are regarded in the horse world, the writer showed the relationship in way that would be better understood. Also, it is more relatable if the horses are siblings to their famous sire's famous kids.
                          When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
                          www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
                          http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

                          Comment

                          • Original Poster

                            #14
                            Originally posted by merrygoround View Post

                            Dear, It's PETA, People for Ethical Treatment of Animals.

                            Information is only as good as its source.
                            Thanks- if you can tell auto correct that, Dear, I'd appreciate it!
                            When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
                            www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
                            http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

                            Comment

                            • Original Poster

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bluey View Post

                              Understand that PETA is not against animal abuse.
                              They themselves abuse when is convenient to promote their agenda, as stealing pets and killing them so no one has any.
                              Some times they have promised people that surrender their pets they will find them a better home, then euthanizing them.

                              Their goal is no more animals in human hands.

                              Most in this world understand that abuse of any kind is abhorrent.
                              Abuse happens where abusers get a chance to abuse.
                              Those men may just go home and beat their wives and kids, abusers just abuse.
                              I too wonder if that was not one more set up for PETA propaganda, something that has been known to happen.
                              PETA's answer when caught has been, "well, it could have happened".

                              Definitely whoever is running that plant needs to insure that can't happen no matter why, if it really did or was one more PETA set-up to abuse the credibility of the general public and garner supporters, as this thread wanted to be.

                              As for abusers of any kind, I hope laws have a good bite there.
                              Recidivism is high for abusers, they need to be put away for long time.
                              And I mentioned that I don't give a damn about PETA.

                              I do, however care about how these horses are treated. Korea may disclose that horses are slaughtered, but I doubt that information is widely seen by Americans. Yes, I am anti slaughter, and the entire world knows that you are not, Bluey. Please do not turn this into another one of your long-winded diatribes about the slippery slope with animal rights people. I know, they're coming for our guns, money, and animals

                              The information shown in this article is what it is. Deal with that.
                              When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
                              www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
                              http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post

                                And I mentioned that I don't give a damn about PETA.

                                I do, however care about how these horses are treated. Korea may disclose that horses are slaughtered, but I doubt that information is widely seen by Americans. Yes, I am anti slaughter, and the entire world knows that you are not, Bluey. Please do not turn this into another one of your long-winded diatribes about the slippery slope with animal rights people. I know, they're coming for our guns, money, and animals

                                The information shown in this article is what it is. Deal with that.
                                The information in that article is what it is, you are right.

                                That is why it needed a bit more "inconvenient" information added to that.

                                Comment

                                • Original Poster

                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Bluey View Post

                                  The information in that article is what it is, you are right.

                                  That is why it needed a bit more "inconvenient" information added to that.
                                  I think that you miss my point entirely.

                                  You ALWAYS feel that your comments about animal welfare are mandatory to any thread which discusses this topic. I understand that you have an opinion, and apparently alot of time on your hands, as you are pushing 70K posts.

                                  And, there is the strong possibility that you are wrong about many aspects of the animal welfare world. But, you make no room for that, instead always parachuting in with something like "they're gonna take our guns, money and animals", as I stated.

                                  "Inconvenient"? No. Just the only truth, according to Bluey.

                                  I am not a fan of PETA, but sometimes sunshine is the best disinfectant.
                                  When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
                                  www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
                                  http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post
                                    I think that since most people don't know about how these relationships are regarded in the horse world, the writer showed the relationship in way that would be better understood. Also, it is more relatable if the horses are siblings to their famous sire's famous kids.
                                    Or, PETA uses that sibling "relationship" to do what it likes to do... incense the people, in this case, reading this article about the horrors of horse slaughter in Korea. IMO, a prime example of unbalanced reporting, designed to get viewers' emotions up and continue PETA's march of no more animals for people... period. Did you read a single comment in the article that was "positive" about Korea's slaughter of horses? I thought not.

                                    Again from PETA's web page - top of the main page for starters

                                    Animals are not ours to experiment on, eat, wear, use for entertainment, or abuse in any other way.
                                    Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post

                                      I think that you miss my point entirely.

                                      You ALWAYS feel that your comments about animal welfare are mandatory to any thread which discusses this topic. I understand that you have an opinion, and apparently alot of time on your hands, as you are pushing 70K posts.

                                      And, there is the strong possibility that you are wrong about many aspects of the animal welfare world. But, you make no room for that, instead always parachuting in with something like "they're gonna take our guns, money and animals", as I stated.

                                      "Inconvenient"? No. Just the only truth, according to Bluey.

                                      I am not a fan of PETA, but sometimes sunshine is the best disinfectant.
                                      Oh, this is not only about pushing PETA but venting about posters.

                                      I get it.

                                      Back to abuse, we have to keep pointing out that abuse happens where abusers find chances to abuse, most of us know that.

                                      When that happens to horses, most here are appalled because of the abuse.
                                      We don't go jumping on bandwagons that are muddling abuse with how we use horses as PETA does, that insist any we do with animals is abuse.

                                      What is the purpose of this thread, that we send money to PETA so they can supposedly use that money to stop those abused horses?

                                      As already explained, PETA doesn't really work that way.
                                      The abuse there to them is a prop for their propaganda.
                                      That article one more opportunity to get support, as the OP is doing, if realizing that or not.

                                      I expect the authorities were called and perpetrators taken proper care of, is how we stop abuses.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Slaughtered horses and dogs and cats in korea north and south,are not propaganda. The slaughterettes on this board have decades of obstrufication

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X