Sport Horse Spotlight

IMG_6002

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeneland Sept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snaffle1987
    started a topic Keeneland Sept

Keeneland Sept

Anything anyone is looking forward to?
    Big fan of Hip175. Tapit x Urban Ball (Ire). Urban Ball is by Galileo and out of a mare by Secretariat.
    Dam is a half sister to Sky Box who produced Perfect Soul .

She is quite the looker:
    http://tmsaecatalog.com/19KEESEPT/100/hip/175

• beowulf
    replied
    Originally posted by LaurieB View Post

No--if anything his pedigree tends the other way. His sire, Storm Cat, was medium sized. And his dam was by Rahy who was quite small. His 2nd dam was named "Immense", however. Maybe that's a clue?
    So strange.. I wondered myself because yeah, just from my off-track experience with SC, GC, and other horses in his pedigree, he was not a horse I would expect to make giants.. but, whenever someone tells me they found a nice GC for eventing and they want me to look at it, I can pretty much assume "big and blingy" before ever seeing the horse..

Leave a comment:

• ejm
    replied
    Also Giant's Causeway's second dam was by Roberto, by Hail to Reason, and has another cross to Hail to Reason through Halo, sire of Rahy's dam Glorious Song. A lot of the Hail to Reason line were big, rawboned types (Dynaformer, anyone?) so that may be where it comes from.

Sorry for the duplication, apparently skydy and I were typing at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied
    On a separate topic, while looking for stallion height measurements, I believe I've found the source for Vineyridge's pedigree knowledge.

GC's babies didn't get their height from his damsire Rahy who was 15.1. http://www.americanclassicpedigrees.com/rahy.html No height info on Mariah's Storm but Roberto is back there and he sired Dynaformer who I think was 17h.

You never know though, what will come popping out from the past as far as pedigrees are concerned. That's what makes breeding interesting, and frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• LaurieB
    replied
    Originally posted by beowulf View Post

GC is interesting to me for non-racing reasons.. Any idea why his offspring are humongous? Where does it come from? I have seen at least twenty of his, off of the top of my head that are 17h+. All from very different mares. I assume that they ended up not being very successful in part maybe to how big they are. I looked at a 17h 3 y/o at a track local to me a few years ago and still remember being floored with how huge she was for so young an age.
    No--if anything his pedigree tends the other way. His sire, Storm Cat, was medium sized. And his dam was by Rahy who was quite small. His 2nd dam was named "Immense", however. Maybe that's a clue?

Leave a comment:

• findeight
    replied
    Originally posted by snaffle1987 View Post

I wasn't implying that "I" myself would view the repository. I was implying the "I" as in those I have representing me to review such files for what horses "I" and interested in who access them and review them on behalf of "I". Follow along?
    Sometimes it’s best to just put the phone down or step away from the computer instead of keep things fresh in the minds of readers and removing all doubts.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied

I wasn't implying that "I" myself would view the repository. I was implying the "I" as in those I have representing me to review such files for what horses "I" and interested in who access them and review them on behalf of "I". Follow along?
    The Repository is a place where records are kept. It is not something that you "view".

I don't believe anyone wants to "follow along" with the fantasies in your head.

Why do you keep on with this nonsense when it is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about? What do you gain by proving your ignorance over and over again?

Leave a comment:

• beowulf
    replied

Way back when (2008, according to my notes) I measured him at 16.0.

GC is interesting to me for non-racing reasons.. Any idea why his offspring are humongous? Where does it come from? I have seen at least twenty of his, off of the top of my head that are 17h+. All from very different mares. I assume that they ended up not being very successful in part maybe to how big they are. I looked at a 17h 3 y/o at a track local to me a few years ago and still remember being floored with how huge she was for so young an age.

Leave a comment:

• Palm Beach
    replied

Not really, since you are not an owner, trainer, breeder, agent, or even hot walker. So why would you send someone to the sale to represent you?

Leave a comment:

• LaurieB
    replied

No, not really. I doubt that anyone is believing any of this. You're not even using the word "repository" correctly (again).

I have no idea why you are so determined to present yourself here as something you aren't. Especially since there are numerous posters who actually do what you pretend to do. This is just getting old.

Leave a comment:

• Mara
    replied

Oh, so you are in the market for some racehorses?

Leave a comment:

• snaffle1987
    replied
    Originally posted by Palm Beach View Post

This is correct. There is someone up front monitoring access and you need a user name and password to access the computers. Snaffy was NOT at the sale.

Leave a comment:

• ravenclaw
    replied

Way back when (2008, according to my notes) I measured him at 16.0.

I visited Ashford once and IIRC Giant's Causeway had thick bone and a big, muscular butt and shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• Where'sMyWhite
    replied
    And yes, despite his temperament, he was such an influential sire.

I could tell the handlers were treating him with care but also figured the entire move to Claiborne would have been stressful anyway and not quite as easy as today. He sure did look a handful.

Nice to see him end up at a place where he was more suited

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied
    Originally posted by Where'sMyWhite View Post
    Hopefully not to ignorant a question... was he known to have a, shall we say, spicy temperament or just the feel goods after a long shipment?

He was quite a handsome horse for sure!
    He was a notorious rogue who apparently behaved a little better with a change of handlers and farm . He never became easy, but was apparently much better suited to Claiborne and the handlers there, than he was to the farm in Ireland.

He remained a dangerous stallion and was handled very carefully, by very skilled people who knew that if there was a fight, the horse would win, and they avoided pushing him beyond his limit.
    Last edited by skydy; Sep. 23, 2019, 04:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejm View Post

Thank you, very cool to see him after seeing his name in so many pedigrees over the years.

From everything I have read, *Nasrullaj would have never been exported from Europe if he hadn’t been so tough to handle, and they were not able to deworm or vaccinate him while he was at Claiborne.
    Yes, apparently he was hell on wheels.

Leave a comment:

• ejm
    replied
    Originally posted by skydy View Post
    Came across this video of Nasrullah arriving at Claiborne in 1950: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7lzagGyD1I
    Thank you, very cool to see him after seeing his name in so many pedigrees over the years.

From everything I have read, *Nasrullah would have never been exported from Europe if he hadn’t been so tough to handle, and they were not able to deworm or vaccinate him while he was at Claiborne.
    Last edited by ejm; Sep. 23, 2019, 09:25 AM. Reason: spelling error

Leave a comment:

• Where'sMyWhite
    replied
    Hopefully not to ignorant a question... was he known to have a, shall we say, spicy temperament or just the feel goods after a long shipment?

He was quite a handsome horse for sure!

Leave a comment:

• LaurieB
    replied
    Originally posted by skydy View Post
    Came across this video of Nasrullah arriving at Claiborne in 1950: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7lzagGyD1I
    Wow. That's amazing. Thank you for sharing it.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X