Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Triple Crown Races 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pronzini View Post

Thank you for this. I think it is well reasoned and supported.

As for West, I'm all for the full employment of lawyers but to imply that you are the "little guy" in this dispute when you have four of them representing you is pretty funny.
    No, "the little guy" isn't really the descriptor that comes to mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by ASB Stars View Post
      My opinion on Saez’s suspension is that it is a piece of the commission’s foundation in the upcoming case defending against the Wests. You have to make Saezs actions especially egregious to substantiate their decision.
      I totally disagree with this. The stewards are not going to trivialize someone's livelihood because after taking 20 minutes to come to a decision, full well knowing the ramifications, they can't stand behind the decision on it's own merits. It's no joke to set someone down and prevent him or her from earning a living for 15 days, especially this time of year. I hope you understand the background of each steward, and how she or he obtained the necessary qualifications to become a steward. They don't just pull them in off the streets.
      "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."

Comment

• I disagree. Compared with other recent suspensions, this is a CYA move.

Originally posted by Palm Beach View Post

I totally disagree with this. The stewards are not going to trivialize someone's livelihood because after taking 20 minutes to come to a decision, full well knowing the ramifications, they can't stand behind the decision on it's own merits. It's no joke to set someone down and prevent him or her from earning a living for 15 days, especially this time of year. I hope you understand the background of each steward, and how she or he obtained the necessary qualifications to become a steward. They don't just pull them in off the streets.

Comment

• Gary West just issued a challenge to the "interfered" Derby horses War of Will, Long Range Toddy, Bodexpress and Country House. $5M to each/any of them who can beat Maximum Security at any race in 2019. WOW.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...y-derby-rivals
          A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.
          ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

Comment

• Originally posted by EventerAJ View Post
            Gary West just issued a challenge to the "interfered" Derby horses War of Will, Long Range Toddy, Bodexpress and Country House. $5M to each/any of them who can beat Maximum Security at any race in 2019. WOW.

Now things are just getting stupid.
            www.laurienberenson.com

Comment

• Yikes. I'm not sure that this sort of grudge is as good for racing as West thinks.

Comment

• I don’t see it as a grudge.
                West has the $$ to put where his mouth is & isn’t afraid to do so. He obviously stands behind his horse.

Who knows, maybe one or more of the other owners will take him up on it.
                Regardless, I don’t see it hurting the sport when there are many more serious issues already.
                Last edited by mommy peanut; May. 17, 2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• I would be more impressed if he made it a one-sided offer instead of wanting a matching bet if they have "equal confidence" in their horses. Few owners inhabit his financial circle. This amount is nothing to him, quite a bit to many others, and that's not necessarily due to lack of "confidence." Such an offer would quite likely encourage them all to join the same field, and if he has that much "confidence," to use his word, in Max, he still shouldn't have to pay them, because he's sure his horse would be ahead.

ETA: The race I'm still waiting for is Omaha Beach against all of them.
                  Now available in Kindle as well as print: C-Sharp Minor: My Mother's Seventeen-Year Journey through Dementia. 10% of my proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association.

Comment

• I think a donation to the Injured Jockey Fund would be a nice gesture regardless.

Agree, it would be nice to see Omaha Beach run.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydy View Post
                      I think a donation to the Injured Jockey Fund would be a nice gesture regardless.
                      PDJF

$5M unless that $$ goes to the PDJF and that is great idea, thanks!
                      Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

• I want a match race between all of them. Preferably with a fire finish line they have to jump. And fireworks. And streamers trailing from the saddle.
                        Talking to some people is like folding a fitted sheet.

Comment

• Match race, IIRC, by definition is between 2 horses (in this case). If you had a race with all of them, wouldn't be a match race then
                          Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

• Originally posted by EventerAJ View Post
                            Gary West just issued a challenge to the "interfered" Derby horses War of Will, Long Range Toddy, Bodexpress and Country House. $5M to each/any of them who can beat Maximum Security at any race in 2019. WOW.

I'm wondering if it's even legal - is it considered a wager?
                            "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."

Comment

• Belmont picks, anyone? I'm still torn between Tacitus, due to my connection with some of his people, and War of Will (thought I don't think WoW can get the distance).

Comment

• There's some seriously fine racing on this undercard today.
                                Records are falling like rain.......

Not betting today, too much conflicting info to make a decision so I spent my bet cash on my garden and puppy. Those I'll get a return on
                                Go, Baby, Go......
                                Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Comment

• When I can't pick a horse, I pick jockeys.
                                  Today, I'd box Velasquez and Smith
                                  Go, Baby, Go......

Comment

• Just before the little bump WoW wasn't paying attention to the job. He was looking to the side.
                                    Founding Member: Spotted Saddlebred Pals Clique

Comment

• Tacitus ran a lot greener than I expected today. War of Will didn't seem like he was going to make the distance without the bump. Didn't expect the winner at all. Anyone know anything about him?

Comment

• Nope, but Mike just HAD to bump War of Wills.
                                        Senior Hero dared the freshman to cry foul.

Not usually a fan of retaliation, so I secretly applauded him for it
                                        Go, Baby, Go......

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowette View Post
                                          Just before the little bump WoW wasn't paying attention to the job. He was looking to the side.
                                          Very tough ride....does not focus well
                                          Go, Baby, Go......

Comment

Working...
                                          X