Stallion Spotlight

0201171029b-1

Real Estate Spotlight

CR groom space
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Triple Crown Races 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drvmb1ggl3 View Post
    Did Mott lodge the objection, or the stewards?
    Mott’s a pretty classy guy all round, but why would you want to win a Derby like this? You were beaten fair and square.
    I think the jock did.
    Talking to some people is like folding a fitted sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montanas_Girl View Post
      For those decrying the disqualification of Maximum Security, how would you have felt if War of Wills hadn't managed to contort himself enough to avoid clipping heels and had gone down?
      Thanks for saying this, I'm wondering if I was watching the same coverage and replays of everyone here?? Yes, Maximum Security was the best horse but he nearly caused a serious accident with that move. It would be a totally different conversation if WOW went down, that would have been a huge, messy accident. I didn't think Bill Mott was out of line at all and I agree with him, had that not been the Kentucky Derby, it would have been a lot faster decision. It shouldn't make a difference what race it is.

Of course I feel terrible for the connections of Maximum Security and I also feel bad for the connections of Country House having to feel like they did something wrong. Unfortunate all the way around and but I'm mostly glad everyone was safe.

Comment

• Did y'all hear the crowd? It was particularly bad during the governor's speech. They were furious (which I get), but holy cow it was loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by alteredcourse View Post
          Agree it's an incomprehensible & BS call. When is it illegal to spook anyway? Plus what was said about Country House receiving a boost, not impediment.
          At 65 to 1, hmmm ... someone just made a boatload o' bucks.
          It’s always illegal to spook. Always. You have to stay on your lane and only move in or out if you have a clear path.
          McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

• Originally posted by Lah0808 View Post

Thanks for saying this, I'm wondering if I was watching the same coverage and replays of everyone here?? Yes, Maximum Security was the best horse but he nearly caused a serious accident with that move. It would be a totally different conversation if WOW went down, that would have been a huge, messy accident. I didn't think Bill Mott was out of line at all and I agree with him, had that not been the Kentucky Derby, it would have been a lot faster decision. It shouldn't make a difference what race it is.

Of course I feel terrible for the connections of Maximum Security and I also feel bad for the connections of Country House having to feel like they did something wrong. Unfortunate all the way around and but I'm mostly glad everyone was safe.
            Moot point, it didn't happen
            Go, Baby, Go......
            Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Comment

• Well there won’t be a triple crown winner this year. What a bummer of a race. Racing didn’t need this with dwindling attendance and all the other problems.
              I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

Comment

• I saw him definitely impede War of Will, and that could easily have been a bad accident, this time with the whole field behind them instead of the falling horse being safely in the back of the pack like the filly who clipped heels yesterday.

Since the stewards moved him all the way down, I get the impression that they weren't saying he impeded Country House (in which case he would get second), but that he interfered with several others and made a dangerous move, even if unintentional/spooking, which was true. Too bad it's the Derby, and I agree that MS ran a great race, but I'm glad WOW was handy enough to stay on his feet. That could have been a tragedy.
                Now available in Kindle as well as print: C-Sharp Minor: My Mother's Seventeen-Year Journey through Dementia. 10% of my proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association.

Comment

• The funny thing is I checked my tickets and didn't realize I had earlier included CH - put $2 on a half dozen that appeared to be ok in the mud.
                  But could care less about the money in my account. I saw that CH came in as well, and the best horse crossed the line first. Unless it would have changed the outcome of the race, it isn't supposed to happen.
                  I think Saez was so apologetic for his horse's reaction it didn't help, especially as CH contributed to others in the middle having to take back - but take back well before the finish.
                  But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all. H.C.Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Larksmom View Post
                    I'm meeting friends out for dinner so I shut the TV off as soon as the race and that I didn't watch all the post-race hoopla I was so sick and tired of all of the pre-race hoopla so I won't get to see the replay till I get home but it sounds like it was a bad thing I'm pretty disgusted with it too I'm disgusted with the whole way they do it I'm just not a fan of racing anymore and I know they're doing it for the money but they drag it all out to go on and on and on until it's like just run the Damn Race and get it over with and now wait for another whole year
                    That's how they did it when I was a kid. They came on, went through the list of starters, did the post parade, the race, then the jockey talked through it, and everybody went home. I hate the stupidity of the pre-race stuff they do now. And I was disgusted when the segment on the safety of racing and the deaths at Santa Anita and how all these people do it for the love of horses ... no they don't. I believe the grooms and other barn workers love the horses. The others are just in it for the money. All the focus now on the betting, and how the commentators are betting, that didn't use to be even mentioned on the TV coverage.
                    Rack on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lah0808 View Post

I think it’s sour grapes because Country House wasn’t impacted by the drift (he looked to stay on the same path to me in the replays) and they are the ones that raised the objection. Had the objection come from War of Wills’ people I might feel differently. That will probably end up being a major factor in a lawsuit of the Maximum Security’s people choose to pursue that path.
                      Talking to some people is like folding a fitted sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiles View Post
                        Well there won’t be a triple crown winner this year. What a bummer of a race. Racing didn’t need this with dwindling attendance and all the other problems.
                        Well, maybe racing did need this. What with all the rest, and then at the English race courses. Maybe they are all steps in the direction of eventually phasing this big-business racing out.
                        Rack on!

Comment

• A law suit for what?
                          A canter is a cure for every evil. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

• Someone pls ELI5 why no triple crown chance? Is CH not a good enough horse, or is it something about how he won on a technicality?
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

Comment

• Originally posted by CVPeg View Post
                              Agree - always liked Bill Mott, but would never want anyone to win unfairly this way.
                              Again, CH also came in around the turn. He hadn't run a clean race either.
                              Feel tike the entire afternoon was a waste of time. Good way to kill horse racing interest as well.
                              Maximum Security deserved to be the winner.
                              I totally feel you on the waste of time. I feel like the past 4 1/2 hours meant nothing.

Comment

• I've read on a few stories that there was an inquiry by the stewards as well as an objection.
                                Now available in Kindle as well as print: C-Sharp Minor: My Mother's Seventeen-Year Journey through Dementia. 10% of my proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association.

Comment

• Originally posted by charismaryllis View Post
                                  Someone pls ELI5 why no triple crown chance? Is CH not a good enough horse, or is it something about how he won on a technicality?
                                  CH is just not good enough
                                  Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
                                  My equine soulmate
                                  Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

• Originally posted by Montanas_Girl View Post
                                    For those decrying the disqualification of Maximum Security, how would you have felt if War of Wills hadn't managed to contort himself enough to avoid clipping heels and had gone down?
                                    Absolutely awful. But at the same time if War of Will had made the inquiry I would have zero issue with the DQ. My issue comes from the fact that Country House wasn’t impeded at all and so the result should stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laurierace View Post

It’s always illegal to spook. Always. You have to stay on your lane and only move in or out if you have a clear path.
                                      I did not know this was a racing rule. Does spooking happen very often in a race affecting the placing?

Comment

• Originally posted by alteredcourse View Post
                                        When is it illegal to spook anyway?
                                        More that the jockey failed to control his horse, I would think.
                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                        Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

Comment

• It was an objection as well as a Steward's inquiry:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...on/1105288001/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ty/1105556001/

Comment

Working...
                                          X