Sport Horse Spotlight

8ISF-5732

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble Getting Paid by Trumbull Mountain after Saddle is sold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've bought and sold several saddles (maybe 10-12) on eBay! Great experience and never one problem. OP, so sorry and I hope you get your payment soon.

Comment

I also had a great experience with Middleburg Tack Exchange. I shipped them my saddle from Michigan and it went seamlessly. They even performed a small repair.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by js View Post
        The most telling thing about this thread is this tack shop is active on COTH yet has never responded to the threads about it. Many other business are quick to respond when a thread pops up here regarding a complaint and are quick to apologize and get the matter taken care of; that says a lot.
        Yes, she (jaybird660) is all over the "what saddle should I buy?" threads. Crickets..... on these threads and there have been several. Do you think she reads them or just ignores them?

Comment

Try tagging her and see if she responds
          COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Comment

Originally posted by tnscvaga View Post
            Yes, it's Trumball Mountain. I see she's posted elsewhere today so she may have seen this thread. Based on those other threads I may need an attorney to get paid. Why does she have such a great rep on these boards?
            I could not find a TrumbAll mountain online. I did however find a TrumbUll mountain: http://www.trumbullmtn.com/
            Jeanie
            RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Comment

Originally posted by sdlbredfan View Post

I could not find a TrumbAll mountain online. I did however find a TrumbUll mountain: http://www.trumbullmtn.com/
              ^^This. OP, might you edit your post so that others doing a search can find the information easily? I would NEVER recommend someone doing business with them after my experience...

Comment

Tell them to forget the check in the mail thing and just e-transfer you the money.

NJR
                Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Dune View Post

^^This. OP, might you edit your post so that others doing a search can find the information easily? I would NEVER recommend someone doing business with them after my experience...
                  Me either. Have you done a Yelp review? or a BBB complaint? I would like to post links to those pages everytime she comments here...

Comment

Me either. Have you done a Yelp review? or a BBB complaint? I would like to post links to those pages everytime she comments here...
                    If I were you I would do both the Yelp and BBB complaint, strength in numbers. I also saw a couple bad reviews on YP(yellow pages). You don't even have to have the links posted, there was another thread where I just recommended someone check out all those websites. This is a new practice I will employ now before doing business with ANY company now that this has happened to me....

Comment

The only way I got paid was via BBB complaint...it was resolved in minutes.
                      My blog: Change of Pace - Retraining a standardbred via dressage

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by myhorsefaith View Post
                        The only way I got paid was via BBB complaint...it was resolved in minutes.
                        My BBB complaint produced "the check in the mail. And it's check #x". Amazingly that check was lost in the mail.

Comment

I'd be sure to post that on the BBB complaint too.

Comment

• Original Poster

I received a check on 10/24. It was deposited the next day. As of today 11/1 it has not been returned due to lack of funds, so I have been paid. I had an interesting conversation with the tellers at my bank. They examined the check and believed that the date (9/20) on it had been altered at least once. Not illegal, just interesting....

Comment

Glad you finally got your check.

That is strange about the date on the check.

Comment

• Original Poster

As I am saddle selling and shopping once again, I think I should bump this thread as a notice to new members and those that missed this the first time.

Comment

As I am saddle selling and shopping once again, I think I should bump this thread as a notice to new members and those that missed this the first time.
                                  Did the check stay good??

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by candyappy View Post

Did the check stay good??
                                    Yes

Comment

Working...
                                    X