• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Coming to a dressage court near you-White Trash Dressage (UPDATE-YOUR photos needed!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course there would have to be a double co-efficient for the highest spook performed during piaffe as a result of beer cans popping.
    Where's the glamour? You promised me glamour!

Comment

What about the horse that does the above mentioned movements and then suddenly decides that if he is *lame*, he will get sympathy?

My OTTB seems to have the *lame* movements down to a fine science. Funniest is when he forgets....he takes a dozen good octopus strides and one *lame* stride.

Also...he has the "I'm just a dumb horse" act down pretty good too. He can't remember from one school to another, anything he *didn't* learn bofore.

Elizabeth
      Member of the OTTB Clique, Re-Riders Clique and the Thread Killer Clique.

http://community.webshots.com/user/esimison

Comment

and I suggest that chucking your helmet at your beloved spouse to get him to "go away so horsie will pay attention to ME!" be added as a required move.
        Helmet? You shouldn't be wearing a helmet! In this case one should pull the cigarette pack that is stuck inside the waist band of the pants, and chuck those at the distraction.

Comment

spitting coffee all over screen at work, co-workes looking at me funny. My last horse so qualified for this.

Comment

After reading this thread yesterday, I was highly motivated when I went out to ride - because really I think I could excel at this discipline. Last night I think we were Olympic caliber in WTD.

The very FILTHY (even though he was bathed the day before) gray horse was wearing a lovely black saddle, with a brown bridle and tan reins. I was appropriately dressed in green breeches, a white shirt with a horse slobber stain on it and a beige bandana tied around my head to keep the sweat out of my eyes because it is two thousand degrees here. And really, the only movement he had last night was to run to the nearest shady spot and abruptly halt in aforementioned shady spot. Clearly it was far too hot for him to work - so I had to kick/spur with every, single stride. That makes for such subtle use of the leg aids...

When we were done, we were both covered in sweat and grime. Such a lovely, polished look!

Comment

• Original Poster

But KB, did you horse break a halter and go on a unaccompanied and unauthorized farm tour while being hosed down?

About interfering spectators: yelling obscenities is encouraged-throwing things at them, such as cigarettes, lit or not, lighters, beer or soda cans, etc. is as well.

Timed events sound promising-
              Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
              http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
              also available on Amazon.com
              http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

Comment

What about the audience and a WTD show? Do they wear the beer hats and wave those foam fingers?
                No my horse hasn't been restarted yet, BUT my prediction....he will be AWESOME at WTD I can't wait
                www.rideforthecurema.org Thanks to all who rode, we raised $110,000!!!
                If you are interested in a ride in your state, check out our website!

www.realestatebyrebecca.com

Comment

Originally posted by horse_poor:
                  But KB, did you horse break a halter and go on a unaccompanied and unauthorized farm tour while being hosed down?
                  That would have required an expenditure of energy which was not going to happen....and the largest fan you have ever seen was parked in front of the wash rack...so he stood there with his face in the fan.

He did stand in the wash rack and scream for treats though.....

Comment

Helmet? You shouldn't be wearing a helmet!
                    I know that I sure as heck won't be wearing a helmet because it would flatten my very big hair. (Unless my aquanet-hair itself qualifies as a helmet.)

I used my Bedazzler to make my own rhinestone-studded browband, noseband, and reins. I did the cantle of my saddle, too.

I've been having trouble with my crot/tranter transitions. I think maybe I haven't been rushing into them fast enough. Are hot pink dressage whips legal in WTD? (And yes, I bedazzled the cap of that, too.)

Comment

• Original Poster

Barn Fairy, I HIGHLY suggest you come to MN and spend some time with Jen22 and her mare-they are the NATIONAL tranter champs.

Hot pink is allowed and encouraged and can also be used to strike offending spectators.

Speaking of spectators, foam fingers , beer hats, and the such are sold on site and definitely allowed.

My personal hairsytle of choice is the onion, where all bangs and sides are pulled up on top of the head and fastened with either a scrunchie or chip clip.

Comment

What are the rules for horse turnout in WTD? I'm now familiar with the rider rules (hot pink whip/boots and the helmet-head hair requirement), but would my mare get extra points for GENERATING MUD WHILE WORKING? She was so dusty prior to the ride and it was so hot and humid during the ride, that she was creating mud all over herself (and the reins. don't even ask what the underside of the saddle pad looked like later).

What were those stupid little tchotchkes that started out as "clay" figurines and if you watered them, they would turn into little grassy squirrels or whatever? I wonder if I had dropped seed on her, instead of showering her afterwards, would I have a moving pasture?

Comment

• Original Poster

Ah, you are refering to the WTD chia pet--very acceptable and encouraged.

White socks must be gray, the longer the whiskers the better, flip flopping manes are encouraged, and tufts of unshedded hair are smiled upon.

Comment

i'm all over this! here's my qualification for WTD membership: twice this weekend at a clinic, auditors fled in terror when my mare and i did some of our signature moves too close for comfort! i mean FLED... like jumped straight back out of their chairs.. hee hee. take THAT, you wussy auditors!!!!

Comment

• Original Poster

Afrikando--way to promote the sport! *APPLAUSE*

Comment

This is too funny! I'm not sure my horse could qualify (though he is far from quality dressage my trainer insists on making him go correctly, so I at least know he has it in him ), but I was thinking about another horse at my barn and I wondered...should we also have a manners class (for the horses, not riders)? Similar to in hand class, but you don't have to do anything in the ring, you just have to be able to get the horse ready without being trampled, bitten, kicked, or covered with dirt (transfered from your horse). I used to take for granted the ease of tacking compared to actually riding horses, but this one makes me think differently!
                                Proud owner of Race for the Stars (aka Spirit), OTTB!

"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can teach him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something."

Comment

What points do we get for spinning around movements,facing the rear end of the horse toward the judge, raising the tail as high as horsey possible and not so discretely pooping? . Are their extra points if this can be done more than once in a WTD test?

Comment

Originally posted by Just My Style:
                                    I love the idea of White Trash Dressage. After all, I am the person trying to establish "Plow Horse Over Fences" classs at the H/J shows.
                                    What type of draft do you have? I have a Belgian that used to jump with his former owner. We were going to start teaching me this summer, but he got hurt badly in January.

Another WTD move would be the Jet-Enhanced Trot. If tooting with every step of the trot can be synchronized, how many points would that be? Extra credit added for the "gelding sheath squeeky noise?"
                                    Barbara www.customstockties.com
                                    Tulsa-QH; Schnickelfritz-Holsteiner; Atikus-Danish Warmblood; Buddy-QH/TB; Winston-Shire; Thomas-Percheron/TB; Mac-Belgian Draft, gone but never forgotten

Comment

RT66Kix...wow, you have a one horse marching band! *Please* tell me you have video with audio of this?
                                      An old friend of mine had a jumper supreme...this gelding coudl rocket over just about anything...and he actually did. He'd let out an enormously loud fart with each effort...you could even hear the announcer giggling.
                                      You jump in the saddle,
                                      Hold onto the bridle!
                                      Jump in the line!
                                      ...Belefonte

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Barnfairy:
                                        Are hot pink dressage whips legal in WTD? (And yes, I bedazzled the cap of that, too.)
                                        My dear, you really should take a peek at any good catalog dedicated to barrel racers. One can get neon pink and lime green NYLON breastcollars, spur straps, tiedowns, reins, headstall, girths, saddle pads, curb straps, etc.

I think that Western tack assessories on a dressage saddle should get extra points for turnout, dontcha think?!?!?!

And instead of a helmet, you need a trucker's cap with hoop earrings ala Gretchen Wilson.

As far as crowd interaction, there is always the fun of "Horse Spooking at Skoal Quid at H."

Now THAT'S classy!
                                        Tulsa-QH; Schnickelfritz-Holsteiner; Atikus-Danish Warmblood; Buddy-QH/TB; Winston-Shire; Thomas-Percheron/TB; Mac-Belgian Draft, gone but never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by MistyBlue:
                                          RT66Kix...wow, you have a one horse marching band! *Please* tell me you have video with audio of this?
                                          No, darn it, no video. Mac acutally did this in a big parade on the 4th of July, as we were catching up with the float in front of us. The crowd was snickering big time.

At the Kentucky Derby Parade in Louisville, the minute he got on the street he parked out and peed. Little boy's jaws dropped in awe. Keep in mind that I was riding sidesaddle, all dressed up like Sleeping Beauty in pink satin and roses. Class act for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                          X