• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Old Owners looking for Previous Horse Friends:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson Horses from APS Stable (Aiken, SC) sold after Walter Newman fell ill (1974...)

Would love any info on where any of these horses ended up after they left APS Stable. I took lessons there and when Mr Newman died the stable changed hands and most of the horses were sold. I took home Buddy, a paint packer who taught me a lot over the next several years.

PADRE - "white" (cremello) gelding w. blue eyes; might have been around 12 yrs in 1974 or 1975. Very dependable hunter over fences, wore some kind of protection boots in front to keep from hitting. Rode him in my very first show.

TIM TAM - white pony gelding with tan spot on top of rump. Cool pony who could do it all. Was sorry that I was too tall for him pretty quickly.

"SNOWFLAKE" (may have only been her stable name) - 'black' TB mare with one little wispy white marking.

GIGI TOY (sp?) - bay TB gelding who I only rode a couple of times but lusted after. I believe he had an ankle.

ROULETTE - buckskin QH mare - fabulous lesson/show/field hunter mare who was a favorite of many.

SMOKY JOE - dark (blue-black roan?) smallish gelding, good all-round

JOLLY ROGER or JOKER - Can't remember which was which - but one was a chestnut gelding with a blaze & the other was an appy gelding sorrel/blanket

RINGO - black & white paint pony with blue eyes (Margie Goodyear often showed him), wonderful little jumper.

I'm sure I'll think of others later (oldtimers, sigh...)

Comment

• APHA breeding stock stallion Jet White Stockins- we called him Toby- fading black with a big white blaze. When i owned him he was 4 and I was 10 - sold on after we ran out of people willing to feed him. I know he was bred by the new owners a couple times- always wondered where he landed. Hillsoboro Ohio area.

Appaloosa ?registered? Blanket with rat tail. He was slight of build, tb looking- hot and a bold jumper. Denny's Snowy River - we called him Denny. He was a school horse I lessoned on in 2001-2002. He was sold at auction from the lesson barn in Bellbrook Ohio. I'd have sold my soul for that horse-and I'd still buy him in an instant for almost any price.
      ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
      ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
      ~Vet Tech Student
      Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 3 Cats

Comment

• Looking for info on bay TB "Jester" eventer

I have a huge (about 17hh) bay Thoroughbred gelding, estimated to have been born in 1987. Barn name Jester. Small star, right hind sock, white scar on left shoulder. He was given to me in 2005 when his former owner could no longer keep him. She had bought him a year or two earlier from someone in Pilot Point, Texas. That owner couldn't find his registration papers but said she would mail them (but never did). Jester's story, as passed down through the previous owners, is that he was a high level 3Day Event horse in the 1990s. He slipped on a wet course and hit a stationary fence, knocking out several teeth and blowing out his hocks. He had to have surgery on his hocks. He was then retired to work at a therapeutic riding facility in Texas, but was eventually sold to my former neighbor as a pleasure horse. I have been unable to locate any information on my horse. I would love to know his registered name and what events he participated in. Even with his injuries and age, he performs dressage like no other horse I've ever known! It is apparent that someone put thousands of hours of training into this horse, so I am hoping someone will remember him. I will send pics to anyone who might know him. Dustykarnes@comcast.net

Comment

• I'm trying to locate the old owner or owners of a mare I was given in the early 2000s. I'd love any further information about her such as pedigree, or stories from life with other owners.

Her name was either Rowdies Fancy Lacey, or Rowdies Fancy Lace Lacey, or possibly Rowdy's Fancy Lacey, or Rowdy's Fancy Lace Lacey. She was an approximately 14 hand Flaxen sorrel mare with a white blaze on her face and two white socks on her hind legs.

Lacey was from the state of New Jersey and had been used in 4-H at some point. She had been given to the person that gave her to my family on condition that she never be sold, because the owner who used her in 4-H unfortunately had to divorce. As I understand it, Lacey was in a pasture for 10 years with a belgian draft horse named Stormin' Norman. She had been retired at 10. We were given her at 20, but while we were shown her papers, they stayed with the previous owner to insure that she wouldn't be sold.

If you knew and loved Lacey, I'd like to let any previous owners know that we adored that little mare. She moved with us from New Jersey to Oklahoma in 2005 and lost her battle with cancer in 2007. She had a gentle death at the hands of a vet and the last thing she heard was the voices of the two girls who loved her, telling her how much she was loved and how much we were going to miss her. She's buried at the foot of a tree in a green pasture on a 10 acre farm in Oklahoma.

If I believed in reincarnation, I'd swear that the big sorrel mare that came home with me 3 months later, was her. I've often wondered if I inadvertently brought home a relative of her's.

If you knew Lacey or know anything about her, please do contact me. I've checked with both AQHA and APHA. Neither have heard of her, but I know she had papers. I saw those with my own eyes.

Comment

• Well, why not! I'm feeling lucky today. : )

I am the proud owner of a former kill pen horse...would love to know if he is known to anyone.

Blood bay QH with black mane and tail, 2 white socks. White crooked blaze. About 15.1 hands, probably 12-14 years old.

Unusual markings include 2 whorls on his right side, and a white spot on his lip on the right side that makes him look like he has a tooth there. : )

Sweetest horse in the whole world. Came from the kill pen with tail trimmed, mane pulled, teeth and feet regularly done. Can't believe he wasn't somebody's love that would like to know where he is.

Comment

• Loudoun County, VA- looking for gelding adopted from LCAS.

I'm going to start this thread back up.

Looking for my old horse Milo. Grey TBxQH gelding, 15.2-15.3hh. He would be in his 20s by now. In 2011 I chose to surrender him to Loudoun County Animal Services due to life circumstances. I rode him English, doing small local events and jumper shows but I believe they may have had trouble riding him at the shelter according to a friend who was looking to adopt him. He sometimes could be a problem to load. Easy keeper, barefoot. Sweet sweet guy. I really miss him and have always wondered what ended up happening to him. Is he still alive? Did he get adopted by a nice person who is letting him live out his days as a pasture puff? Did he get bounced around again? I would absolutely love to talk to the person who has him, or at the very least just find out that he is okay.

If anyone knows of this boy, or knows someone who adopted a grey horse from Loudoun County Animal Services, please PM me. It would mean the world to me to know that he landed in a good home.

Photos can be seen here:
              http://s152.photobucket.com/user/mil...?sort=6&page=1
              "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Comment

• I'd like to hear where two OTTBs ended up. Athena Gold was sold to be an eventer, think she was foaled in 2002--16.1 chestnut mare with blaze and ?3? socks. Dawnless Time was sold to Indiana to be a dressage horse; chestnut gelding, 1994 I think.
                That's fine, many of us have slid down this slippery slope and became very happy (and broke) doing it. We may not have a retirement, but we have memories ...

Comment

• I think anyone posting here should post in a easily read format. It is hard to search through post after post for locations and names. I propose all posts are in this format
                  Name
                  Breed
                  Color
                  Current age
                  Location sold
                  Then any other pertinent info.

Making the posts as easy to read as possible will make sure that the most amount of eyes possible see your post and make it more likely for people who know your horse to see them.

Comment

• Looking for some history on a gelding I recently purchased. I know he was pulled from a kill pen in 2011 but I don't know anything about his history before then.

Name: Priceless Jewel, barn name Tully
                    Breed: JC registered but unraced TB
                    Color: Fleabitten grey
                    Current age: 2002 model
                    Location sold: Kansas bred, papers show him in Nebraska, now lives in Colorado
                    Then any other pertinent info- Just looking for his history. He's in a loving, forever home. He has a ranch brand (looks like a V) on his left shoulder and an indent on his right hip from what looks like an old injury

Pics-
                    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9a&oe=57DC6B2E
                    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9e&oe=57995286
                    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...95&oe=57E639A1
                    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
                    My equine soulmate
                    Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

• Im Already Awesome, AQHA

oh, I just read every name and description in this old thread! I wish I knew any of these horses y'all are searching for...

maybe I'll have better luck! or maybe someone is so inclined to do an AQHA look up, since mine's expired?

Name: Im Already Awesome / I'm Already Awesome / Ben
                      Breed: AQHA
                      Color: bay / brown
                      Current age: 12 (2004)
                      Location sold: Florida

Sired by An Awesome Mister, out of, I believe, a Zippo Pine Bar mare

Story: I bought him when he was 4 or 5 from Ann Turner just south of Ocala. He was in training to do the Trail, Western Pleasure, Horsemanship, etc. I was going into my freshman year in high school in Tallahassee, FL. I spent everyday with him.

Eventually, he suffered a nasty suspensory ligament injury while turned out in his paddock and, after spending months and thousands of dollars at one of the best vets in the state, we were told he would never recover enough to be competitive (maybe not even enough to be ridden beyond the walk), so he was "adopted" by folks south of Tallahassee.

However, not too long after I let him go, I found him listed for sale for $5,000 (a fraction of what he was first bought for). I hope with all my heart he isn't out there just having the pennies squeezed out of him.

I wish I'd never let him go, but even now in 2016 I'm only 20 years old. My parents did what they felt like they had to do.

Regardless, would love to know what ever became of him, 1 of the 3 dearest horses I've known in my short lifetime.

This video was posted on YouTube by someone, after he left me. He would have been 8 years old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0pgrQUEt8

Comment

• Name: Dante
                        Breed: QH/TB/Clyde
                        Color: Grey
                        Current age: Bred in 2003.
                        Location sold: Boulder, CO

He'd be about 15.3hh. No idea what he looks like, as he was an iron grey colour when I last saw him in 2006. He'd look quite different now.

I backed him as a three-year old, then moved to the UK and put him with a pro trainer to continue his education and sell him. I believe he was sold to people in Missouri, but they apprently sold him on not long after they got him, saying he was young and green (duh). He is a PMU baby and he had the nicest, most easy-going temperament. You could do anything with him. He was a project I bought to back and sell before I left the US, and if I hadn't been moving, I would have had a hard time giving him up. Took to his education without any fuss.

I'd just love to know where he is and what he is doing with his life.
                        Help me keep my horse in peppermints and enjoy a great read! My New York City crime novel, available on Amazon.

Comment

• Bay Welsh Pony

Hi, Im looking for a bay welsh pony in the north california area.

he is roughly 13 hands and has no markings. he should be around 13-14 by now.

his old name was Rowdy.

last time i heard of him he was living as a pasture pony with a donkey.

i lost him around 5 years ago. if anyone has heard of him or seen him it would mean a lot to me if you would let me know. i would like to say goodbye one last time. If anyone knows anything please text me at 415.235.1108
                          __________________________________________________ ____
                          Name: Rowdy
                          Breed: Welsh Pony
                          Color: Bay
                          Markings: None
                          Height: 13.1h
                          Last heard of location: Northern California

Comment

• skrgirl: Have you found the pony Absolute Grace? I can't open your pictures but based off of your description I may know her. Did she happen to be a flea-bitten gray?

Comment

Working...
                            X