• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Northampton CANTER cuties in their new homes...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the latest list, Shego is still in need of a new home

Comment

Shego, an observation

While I was under strict orders, "No mares", Shego almost made me give in! She is so cute and sweet. Just the most adorable face with an attitude that appears to match. So if you were interested in her, take a look!

Comment

I still havent gotten mine yet (Jacob's Trust). He and the one my sister got (Cathedral Tower) are supposed to be arriving this morning at her farm in Hansen, MA. My sister promises to take lots of pictures for me...until I can make further arrangements to have JT shipped home.
        Cowboy Logic, Walk In The Park, Blue, Jacob & Missy- and now Junior and Betty too!
        www.theplaidhorse.com

Comment

Hunterjumper19 thank you for your updates; I have some favorites in there as well. I spoke to Kim who purchased Canna Bella and that is the way I described her as well. But I didn't know that Smokey Way sold and that has made my day! Thank you again.
          The Communication Alliance to Network Thoroughbred Ex-Racehorses (CANTER) provides retiring racehorses with opportunities for new careers after the finish line. http://www.canterusa.org/newengland/

Comment

hunterjumper19- hey, glad to hear everybody got to your place ok, you have been a god send. thanks so much for helping me with finding somwhere to keep these guys until i could arrange the shipping. with all of us working together,this all seems to have worked out. i am going to be sending you new pix of the boys that i got,won to win and zig a little today, again thanks soooo much,stacey
            www.camaloufarms.com
            www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Comment

I'm still looking for an update on
              Safe Sympathy
              Here's Johnny
              Sneaky Secret

Anybody know what happened to them?

I think somewhere I saw that Jovial Belle has a new home? True? GAWD! She's GAWgeous!

No, I CANNOT purchase a CANTER horse right now. I'm full to the top rails at the moment and can barely feed the ones I've got. Congratulations to those of you who could (and DID).

Can't wait to see pics of all the happy horses in their new homes

Comment

thank you for the update!!!! so glad to know that my new baby Canna belle is doing well. Aimee thank you for boarding her until her ride comes. Stacy - thank you for helping also everyone else at canter many thank yous!!! Does anyone know who bought My kimberlee ann?
                Aimee if you need to contact me 561 301 4271
                once again thank you to everyone!!!

Comment

I hadn't even known some of those horses sold! Even better news!

Smokey Way is such a cool horse. He has been around the block and back at 12 - not a pimple on him, just figured out as he got older that he did NOT want to be a racehorse anymore, and as the vet put it, "Smokey found very creative ways to use his clever mind for evil whenever anyone tried to bring him to the starting gate." That only applied to the racetrack, though - his trainers, who have had him since he was 5, said he is a peach on the farm. He must be quite pleased with himself for having finagled his way off the track and into the fun new job he's wanted all along!

Jovial Belle I am pretty sure went to the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation. Safe Sympathy, Sneaky Secret and Here's Johnny all went with their trainers back to their home tracks to race again - but are still for sale!

I'm so glad Karakorum and "Burnie" (as he was known at the barn) found homes - I know their trainer really didn't want to have to take them back to race again since they obviously didn't want to do it. Karakorum is gorgeous and Burn's Future is such a laid-back horse. Funny story: One of the other CANTER NE volunteers (LBM, were you the one who saw it?) witnessed Burn's trainer trying to demonstrate how cool-headed of a horse he really is. He had one of the grooms pull out a filly and literally shoved her butt in Burn's face. Burn looked up as if to say, "Uh, I'm trying to eat here, could you not do that, please?" and went right back to eating in his stall. I don't think the gelding operation bothered him much because I don't think he knows what he lost!

All the others are beautiful horses and they will make you all very happy. Please keep updating with pictures and stories!

OK, as for those horses who were NOT sold by the end of the meet - you should still be able to reach their trainers using the contact numbers listed at http://www.canterusa.org/newengland/sale/index6.htm:

-Winning Gal, last I know, was still available. She will most likely be going back to Suffolk Downs (East Boston, MA). Love that mare; they don't come much calmer.

-Shego and most, if not all, of Sam Keyrouze's other horses will be going to Penn National Racetrack (Grantville, PA). Call Sam and make an offer. He has a huge stable and obviously would prefer to cut his losses with the less competitive ones, so he'll welcome the calls.

-Carli'silverprize is a really pretty, nicely packaged little gelding. He's so cute that he almost looks like a filly...but don't tell him I said that. He jogged out very well and won his last race at Northampton going away. He does have old ankles (I realized after a few people asked what "old ankles" are that it's a racetrack term not commonly used anywhere else. "Old ankles" means ankles that have enlarged, due to the repeated pounding action on the track, and then set. May lead to some limited mobility and arthritis down the line as the horse ages, but they don't cause pain, and will not limit competition in dressage, hunting, even some jumping depending on the individual horse. Talk to a vet and they can tell you more).

Another thing about Carli: his trainer for some reason is telling everyone that the horse is only 14.2 hands high. HE ISN'T, trust us! He is at least 15.2, possibly 15.3. He is not a pony.

For those interested in horses who have shipped back to other tracks, when you talk to the trainer, ask them the name of the vet they use at the track - then call the track's main number, ask for the veterinary office, and ask who ASIDE from that vet can do a pre-purchase. (It is a conflict of interest for vets to do pre-purchase exams on horses they treat for racing. There are multiple vets at each track so you should still be able to get an exam done there.) If you run into any problems, PT one of the CANTER NE volunteers and we can pull together the requisite contact info for you.

Comment

• Original Poster

I was also wondering about Sneaky Secret, Safe Secret, Cali and Shego. This is so tempting. I wonder how low he would go on Shego.
                    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
                    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
                    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
                    My Facebook

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 17handtb:
                      One of the other CANTER NE volunteers (LBM, were you the one who saw it?) witnessed Burn's trainer trying to demonstrate how cool-headed of a horse he really is. He had one of the grooms pull out a filly and literally shoved her butt in Burn's face. Burn looked up as if to say, "Uh, I'm trying to eat here, could you not do that, please?" and went right back to eating in his stall. I don't think the gelding operation bothered him much because I don't think he knows what he lost!
                      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, this was me - and it was quite hilarious! Sam had shown him to a couple people who decided not to buy him because he had just been cut and they had mares at home. I think he was getting frustrated, so he decided to PROVE that he didn't act studdish around mares He touched noses with the filly to say hi, but didn't make a peep or drop - by the time Sam turned her around to put her butt in his face, he was down eating his hay again and didn't even look up

Comment

Yeah, I'm tryiing to decide between Shego and Winning Gal. That pic of Shego is just striking. But, everyone seems to adore Winning Gal and temperament is VERY important. Just wish I could see a conformation photo of Winning Gal.

I actually can afford them both but oh my goodness my monthly horse expenses would be outrageous! (I already have 4 mares.)

Bugs - you never know how low the trainer will go on Shego unless you call and make an offer!

Comment

Inca, we will be back at Suffolk (where we are every weekend) this Saturday. If Winning Gal is there, we can get a conformation photo of her for you.

Comment

• Original Poster

This is becoming very difficult to resist...
                            ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
                            *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
                            *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
                            My Facebook

Comment

Anything on #27 Daisy's Dream? Just wondering as she looks so sweet in her head shot

Comment

17handtb - that would be GREAT if you could get a conformation picture of Winning Gal. I've had enough glowing reports about her temperament that I feel comfortable with that. Just want to be sure she is built reasonable well for dressage.

Thanks!

Comment

crestviewfarms-where have you been, i thought you were going to buy something. our guys came in sunday night at 10:00p.m. you need to come by and see them. this is stacey at camalou farms. drop me an email when you can
                                  www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Comment

Ok I snapped a couple of shots of Sahara this morning but I don't know how to post them on this board. If someone could help me I would be grateful.

Sahara is doing well. I put her in a small turnout this morning and when I unsnapped the lead she just stood there and swung her head around squealing a little and kicking the air. Then she realized she could actually move off on her own. She was in heaven! It is only a small turnout so she can't work herself up too badly and it is good for her to see the other horses. She is so intrigued by them in the fields. I left her there for the afternoon as she is enjoying it so much. It does my heart good to see. What a wonderful mare.
                                    Mel
                                    Horses are my little peace of heaven

Comment

All of Mark Eagans horses should be back at Suffolk (Safe Sympathy). My groom that takes care of my horses is Mark's groom originally and he told me yesterday that Mark is bringing four back from the fair.
                                      Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kimdonaldson:
                                        thank you for the update!!!! so glad to know that my new baby Canna belle is doing well. Aimee thank you for boarding her until her ride comes. Stacy - thank you for helping also everyone else at canter many thank yous!!! Does anyone know who bought My kimberlee ann?
                                        Aimee if you need to contact me 561 301 4271
                                        once again thank you to everyone!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kimdonaldson this is the volunteer that spoke to you from my cell about your new baby...I am so happy for you, and wish you luck. I do not know who purchased my kimberlee ann, but I am sure they will be happy with her as well.
                                        The Communication Alliance to Network Thoroughbred Ex-Racehorses (CANTER) provides retiring racehorses with opportunities for new careers after the finish line. http://www.canterusa.org/newengland/

Comment

Thanks for the update, hunterjumper19!

I feel like we're all an extended family now. It will be fun to keep up with each other's new babies and for those who didn't get one this time, to enjoy the stories and progress as well.
                                          \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Comment

Working...
                                          X