Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Chicagoland, IL - Arabian/Saddlebred Gelding Looking for Shareboarder

I'm looking for a shareboarder for my 17-year-old, ~15-hand Arabian/Saddlebred gelding. He's boarded in the Wayne/St. Charles/South Elgin area - the farm has an indoor and outdoor arena, wooded trails on site, and access to several additional miles of trails and an equestrian-friendly forest preserve.

He does need an experienced and confident rider, because he occasionally gets nervous if there's a lot of activity or loud noises, and he looks to his rider for reassurance. He's a sweetheart and a goofball, extremely eager to please, and very smart. Once he knows what you're asking him to do, he remembers it forever.

I do trail riding, trot poles, homemade obstacle courses, small (1' or less) jumps, lateral work, and ground work with him. He also knows a couple of tricks, and could easily be taught more. He really enjoys being in the company of his people.

I'm asking $200 per month to ride/play with him as much as you'd like. If you want to take lessons on him, you're also welcome to bring your trainer to the farm. Please PM me if interested, and feel free to pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks.

Comment

• Riderless Horse
      Louisville/Prospect, KY

17hh 12yo hunter gelding for on-site half lease. Great beginner/intermediate horse. Has changes, not spooky, never stops at jumps, very sweet. Trainer on-site, showing possible. Please PM for more info. Thanks!

Comment

• Horseless rider in MA

Dressage background, have not sat on a horse in a few years. Not picky, just looking for a horse to ride here and there. Located near Groton, MA. I work full-time and can only do weekends or week day evenings.

5'6'' ~ 130lbs 33yrs old

Comment

• Riderless 16'2" Palomino local show hunter near Washington DC seeking horseless intermediate rider who wants to train with a trainer who has Olympic barn and A circuit experience. Please dm

Comment

• Horseless rider in Boston Metro West. Current ride is being retired from showing as he's no longer into it (23 year old so no need to force him into anything). Dressage rider, currently at 2nd/3rd level.

Comment

• Posting for a friend:

Horseless Rider Leesburg / Middleburg VA

Former Novice / Training level eventer who hasn't ridden regularly in a few years due to work is looking for saddle time this fall and winter. Preferring dressage and hacking, she is open to lessons, part lease or hacking. I can put you in touch with her if you have something that might suit.

Comment

• Horseless rider in Monterey, CA seeking something to bop around with. I could likely do something paid when the new year rolls around but at the moment I am living the completely broke student life and can only offer barn chores/sweat equity as payment, lol. My background is in h/j but I've been out of the saddle for almost 2 years now and am not picky at all re: the horse/its discipline. Feel free to message me if you think there's something to be worked out!

Comment

• Horseless rider in Pittsburgh, PA

I am a grad student looking for catch ride opportunities in the area. I'm happy to ride anything! I have experience with green horses and tuning up lesson horses. I have my C3 from Pony Club in both dressage and eventing, competed to Second Level dressage, and Training level eventing. I also have my own dressage saddle.

Thanks!

Comment

• Horseless Rider - Front Royal, VA

I've been riding since 2015 and have really become more serious about it this year, so I am looking for more riding time. I am in search of a horse that I can work with and that will help me progress. Ultimately I would like to jump more, however, any riding time is good enough for me!
                    I'm also willing to help with care and working around the barn in exchange.
                    I'm 5' 5" and 140 lbs, intermediate rider.
                    Message me or text me at (540)692-2021 if you have a horse that may work out!

Comment

• Horseless rider- Milwaukee/ Northern Chicago suburbs

My gelding is struggling with soundness/ navicular issues. My background was h/j, but the last few years dressage. Before buying my gelding I spent a long time riding whatever was available including young horses, broodmares coming back into work, and newly off the track tbs. I don't jump anymore. I'd just like to ride a little while we try to get him more comfortable. I might be open to a shareboard if the horse/times/ location was right, or if you'd prefer I ride in lessons with your trainer, would be happy to pay for them. I am only available Thursdays, Saturdays, and evenings after about 7pm, I can never predict what time I'll get out of work.

Comment

Working...
                      X