Stallion Spotlight

Vitalis_img_4461skawx LL_Fotos

Real Estate Spotlight

2200 Quebec School Rd aerial
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horseless rider, Nashville TN.

Novice/Training eventing background, getting back into horses after several years away. Have been taking lessons for the last few months, looking for schoolmaster type horse with experience with jumpers and/or eventing, 15.2 hands and above. Horse will be well taken care of and in a training program.

Comment

• Horseless rider, Palm City, South Florida 1hr North of Wellington

I am a British trained equestrienne looking for a horse in Palm City/FL. My background is diverse from Pony Club onwards, have ridden dressage, eventing, SJ, as well as fox hunting. Confident and kind/quiet riding style. Loads of references from trainers/owners, farrier and vets etc. Looking for something sane/sound for a free/care lease, 14-15hh preferably ,I am 5'4 but have always ridden ponises. I'll put training and miles on your horse for a lot less than lots of "trainers" out there. Happy to discuss and share videos of me riding. Horse would be kept with a friend, 24hr supervision with friendly family/farm style environment. Great exposure for your babies, we have dogs, trucks, pigs etc. definitely an education for your equine!

I look forward to hearing from you - annabel.nicol@hotmail.com

Comment

• Riderless horse, Boston Metro-west MA (~35m from downtown)

Young green warmblood mare looking for weekday loving (M-Th). Horse is smaller at 15.1h but big barreled. Good brain in that she tries hard, is not spooky, has been trail ridden and led groups willingly but she is very green so needs an experienced and confident rider to show her the ropes. Will be trained in Dressage and low-level eventing. Barn has indoor, direct trail access, instructors on-site or can bring your own. No financial contribution required for right rider.

Comment

• Horseless rider in South King County, WA

Dressage background, competed to 3rd level with my Oldenburg in high school. I had to sell him when I went to college. Now I'm 30, and have ridden friends' horses here and there over the last several years and taken lessons with my original trainer from time to time. I spent a year exercising lesson horses at a therapeutic riding center, but we moved away, so had to stop. I want to get back into riding, and have time for 1-3 days a week. I am happy with dressage, small jumps, trails, (hoping to work my way into the eventing scene at some point), horses of all types. I'm 5'6", can comfortably ride anything over about 14.2. I prefer a horse on the calmer/sensible side, as it's been several years since I've ridden daily. I'm open to taking a few lessons at your barn too. I'm a kind, quiet, thoughtful rider and will treat your horse with love and care. May eventually be looking to lease the right horse.

Comment

• Semi-riderless horse, South Chicago/NWI

20 years old, 15 hands, appendix QH gelding, chestnut. Horse is ridden 1x/week by young girl, could use more. BROKE BROKE BROKE. Not an ounce of meanness in him, extremely forgiving. Push ride, but not a dead head - you don't have to kick him around, he does as he is asked with minimal convincing needed. 100% child safe. Ok for tiny jumps and flatting - knows lateral work. Great on trails. Not spooky, no buck. Really solid older gentleman - I've owned him since he was 3.

Contact me if interested.

Comment

• Riderless Horse located near the Bucks County Horse Park in PA:

I have a large, teenaged pony that needs a job! My friend and I pulled Bubbles from Cranbury auction in 2017, and he's just been sitting around this winter through absolutely no fault of his own. 14.2, probably mid-teens, we've been using him for trail riding, dressage, and eventing. Also ridden by a D3 pony clubber. He's got good bone, so would be suitable for a smaller adult.

Bubbles is a nice ride, medium energy, nice mover with comfy gaits. Really willing to do his job once he knows what it is. Very smart! Never offered a buck or rear, no bite or kick. He's a pretty straightforward ride, although due to what I can only assume is a traumatizing past, he can still get nervous in new situations, so he's generally done better with more relaxed riders. Again, he doesn't do anything bad when he's nervous, but more laid back/chill riders seem to not get flustered themselves when he needs a little extra to keep him focused on his job.

Pic of me on him, (I'm 5'6" for reference) https://imgur.com/K3Yr0yx

Comment

• Horseless Rider In Alberta Canada

Adult Amateur looking for a horse to lease to compete in the jumpers if anyone has one! Experience rider, willing to provide references, great show program, show throughout western Canada.

What I need is something that has a good brain, they can be green. For those older mounts needing a job to keep going maintenance is ok! PleasePM if you have anything.

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

• Horseless rider in Central NJ.

College student home until end of August. Ridden my whole life, have done lots of catch riding, green/young ones, OTTBs, warmbloods, etc. I had a pretty squirrelly and hot jumper so not afraid of quirky or a little naughty. USEF rated show experience in all 3 rings. Mostly focused on the medal/maclay stuff + high ch/adult jumpers in my last few junior years, aged out and without a horse now. Did EAP twice, can share my report card from the last time if you'd like! Can also provide lots of riding videos + professional references as well. Never grew out of the barn rat phase and dying for some saddle time

Comment

• Horseless Rider - SE PA/SW NJ

Hi everyone!
                    I just sold my horse to his long-time leaser, and while she says I can still come out and ride him anytime, it's quite the hike to get out to the barn so I am looking for something a little closer to home.

I'm looking for a pretty specific location so I'm not sure I'll have much luck, but it's worth a try. I'd really like to stay within 20-25 minutes of Springfield, PA (So S. Jersey would be most convenient) OR as close as possible to Hatfield, PA.

I have been riding my whole life, exclusively in the hunters and equitation up to the 3' level. I have ridden many green horses and have experience with OTTBs as well. I am looking for a hunter/jumper type to hack or pop over small jumps (2'6" and under) a few times per week. I am fine with green or naughty (just no rearing please) but would also love to ride something more educated!

I have plenty of videos of myself riding that I can share, as well as references if needed. Please PM me if you know of anything that may work for me, thanks!
                    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
                    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Comment

• Horse Looking for a Rider - Sacramento, CA

[Posting for a friend]

Exciting Lease Opportunity Available in Sacramento for Experienced and Confident Rider.

Owner seeks a 2-3x/week half lease for her fancy (but green) 6 year old, 17 hand tall, OTTB gelding. The horse is currently in full training (H/J & Dressage) at a facility with indoor and outdoor arenas. Rider would be required to take occasional lessons with the on-site trainer, at least at first. Frequency of lessons negotiable depending on experience of rider. Jumping would be possible for an advanced rider in lessons. Cost is $200/month for 2 rides/week, or $300/month for 3 rides/week. Cost may be negotiable for the right rider.

This horse is a flashy mover with a great brain and even better potential! Someone will be very lucky to have the opportunity to ride him. (I've ridden him myself a few times and can confirm he's a blast.)

Please feel free to DM me for more information, or I can put you directly in touch with the Owner.

Comment

• Riderless QH near El Dorado Hills, CA

Need a rider for my 8YO green 15.1H registered QH gelding.

Brought this sweet guy home to be a family/guest horse, but he needs a more regular job and trail experience. I prefer to ride English and don't have the time or interest to regularly school him. He has a good foundation, hailing from the breed/train program at Feather River College. Last two owners mostly let him sit at boarding facilities, best I can tell. Since bringing him home, he has become herd-bound to my mare, who is the only horse within his sight lines. (He is not pastured with the mare, but they share a fence line.) He is happy in a small group or with one other horse, not so happy alone.

We are in an equestrian neighborhood with a community arena, several miles of trail looping around, and access to both covered and uncovered round pens. Currently he will hack alone the 1/2 mi to the arena but gets worked up on the way home (no rearing or bucking, wants to bolt). Distracted when other horses are in the arena. My goal is to find an intermediate rider to work him regularly (ground school maintenance a must) - to ride/trailer out in small groups AND work on his solo confidence. Athletic horse with lateral movements, can handle obstacles, gates, carry a flag, etc. Open to someone looking for a Western Dressage or drill team partner, could support some trailering to local lessons/events.

Comment

• Horseless rider in New Braunfels, TX

I've recently relocated back to Texas from Pennsylvania and am looking for opportunities to ride. I am an experienced dressage rider with my USDF Bronze Medal and have shown through PSG. From 2013-April 2018 I worked as an assistant to a GP trainer.

I took the last year off from riding due to life circumstances and am looking to get back in the saddle. I grew up in Texas so I have experience riding Western and trail riding. I'm just looking for a way to spend some horse time that doesn't involve lots of horse showing and the serious expensive of having a competitive dressage horse.

References are available. Thanks for your consideration!

Comment

• Calera, Alabama

Middle aged TWH gelding ISO someone to take him on long walks in the country and an occasional canter. This is a 2nd level gaited dressage horse who has more go &more jokes up his sleeve than he does lullabies and naps. He's not for a beginner. He's a BLAST if you know how to ride a horse. Seriously, he's a ton of fun, honest, not spooky, smart, and a blast to ride. His ideal rider is maybe in school at Montevallo or lives nearby and knows how to ride and welcomes a few check out rides to make sure it's a win win for both parties. Helmets are a MUST. We have access to 200+ acres of trails and fields plus a small arena. Please let me know if you are interested.

This could be you

Comment

• Lincoln, NE
                              Looking for someone that would like to go trail riding with me on either our large POA mare or Appaloosa gelding. Both are easy uncomplicated rides. I'll provide all tack and equipment, you provide the boots, jeans and helmet. Possibly even an opportunity to show if you would like to! PM me or e-mail me at carrieLcross73@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X